bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surprising News  (Read 3356 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Surprising News
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »

Cardinal George Pell, the Vatican’s third most powerful official, was found guilty on Tuesday of sexually abusing two choir boys in the late 1990s, a decision that makes him the highest-ranking Catholic Church official to face criminal convictions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquisitr.com/5205914/cardinal-george-pell-convicted-of-sexually-abusing-choir-boys/amp/
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

Re: Surprising News
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:23:05 PM »

The creator told Adam to go out and subdue the earth and to multiply and FILL the earth with descendants as fast as he could.
That a religious organization would promote men of faith, virile males after all, and tell them to stop being male and stop desiring sex and desiring progeny is certainly a mistake of a grand scale. It just stands to reason and logic that the candidates had to lie when taking their vows of ordination. Plus the fact that one doesn't even need a Bible to know that the whole idea of celibacy is stupid. How can leaders in the "church" be a living example to young couples without having a family of their own?

Wanda

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »

Good point Bob. What could possibly go wrong  by going against God's direct purpose for man.

Another point can be made for this depravity, when you consider these crimes against children happen in all religions where abstinence is not a requirement. The courts are filled with such cases. What would be the cause of such behavior in those situations?

What was surprising about this for me, is the fact the perpetrator was in a high ranking position and he was convicted in spite of it. No bribery, payoff or coverups, which has been the customary norm, could escape what God has brought into the light for his judgment. I'm seeing more and more things being revealed that were once controlled,  protected and hidden by powers of this world. What an interesting time it is to be alive.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »

This is an ongoing case out of Pennsylvania, that was covered up for 70 years.

Over 300 Catholic Priests Abused 1,000 Children in Pennsylvania, Report Says.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.amp.html

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:34 PM »

Our God is so awesome. All PRAISE AND GLORY TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.
Yes Wanda , we are so blessed to be here knowing that God is in total control.

Gal.6-7
Be not led astray, God is not mocked; for what a man sow- that also he shall reap.

Hosea 9:1-9
If men choose unclean things, when they might have clean, a situation will be created
In which only unclean things shall be attainable.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 11:39:24 PM »

Thanks again Wanda,

What also gets to me is that in many instances the family, the mother and father, were complicit in that they refused to even consider that "father so and so" would be anything but perfect. Denying the complaints of their own children rather than investigating and often for fear of losing respect in the church community. Isn't it obvious that the "church" held families in membership through fear and coercion rather than through genuine love of God?

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 01:46:20 AM »

Our God is so awesome. All PRAISE AND GLORY TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

Amen  Pamela, and Amen.

Isn't it obvious that the "church" held families in membership through fear and coercion rather than through genuine love of God?

It's glaringly obvious Bob. When you think about it, one of the most effective weapons Saten uses is instilling fear. Fear of God, governments, war, terrorism, robbers, muggers, home invation, kidnapping of our children, our food,  water, air and much more. No wonder so many suffer with anxiety disorders and are filled with hate and rage. If I didn't have Gods truth, I'd never get out of bed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.