bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need advise  (Read 4114 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
I need advise
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »

Two people came to my door this morning. Lovely looking, well dressed people. The lady
had an I-pad in her hand. She told me their names and proceeded to show me a video.
I asked her what it was about but she said I’ll just show you” and I asked her who they were and
what they wanted, She said “oh I thought I told you, and I said no you didn’t ,and she apologized
 so I pressed her and she said “ well, we are Jehovah Witnesses
and put the I pad in my face. I told them I don’t go to church, and that I read my bible and it is my
church. Everything was a blur to me and I was feeling upset, kind of afraid of them. I told them
“ I don’t believe what you believe” honestly , I don’t even know what they believe , but anyway
she said ,” well can I ask what you” and before she could finish her sentence, I said NO 😡 , NO
YOU CANNOT, and she said “ok and they walked away.
Here’s what I need to know, am I a mean spiritual coward, should I have tried to at least let them
speak. I’m not around a lot of people , hardly any actually , so I get confused when I am put
such situations. This summer I was cornered by two young Mormon boys. I felt the same way
and said almost the same things except I told them God is Sovereign and that I loved Jesus .
They wanted to know what I loved about Him , I said 😡 EVERYTHING and sent them packing.
I also had a call from a person I met once a few years ago , she downed everybody and now apparently she is a spiritual healer. I told her Thou shalt not judge and hung up on her.
Many strange things going on in my life. Anyway, I feel really bad about how I treated these people this morning and was hoping to see them on my walk, but I didn’t. I wanted to apologize for my
behaviour. I know some day these same people will know Our Lord and His truth and I don’t like to hurt people. Also it’s that time of year and I feel so sad for all the old people from the Salvation
Army collecting money. They are in every store and they are so old, people just walk by them.
I don’t care about their church but I do care for these old people being used like that. I like to talk to them and show them respect. They don’t know they are deceived do they? Please help me
understand how you , my brothers and sisters relate to others. I find myself avoiding even my
own children. So sad 😞
In Christ,,, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: I need advise
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

Dear Pamela,

Please do not waste any more time fretting over your perceived wrong doing with these people. As an ex JW I assure you they were being deceptive by not telling you who they were, and then again when they said they thought they had. I saw much deception from others when they went door to door and it's one of the many reasons I'm no longer one of them.

They were not trying to save you, but themselves, because it is their belief that they must try to save others, else they will die at Armageddon and never live again. Not out of any love but out of fear. I suppose God will excuse them for the deliberate deception though.☺

Much love to you my friend ~♡~
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:34:32 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »

Thank you Wanda
Sometimes I feel like a guppy in an ocean of sharks.I feel better now. I’m reading Psalms
and it always helps calm my nerves. God Bless you .You are a good friend .❤️

In Christ, Pamela

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »

You did nothing wrong.  They were wrong in violating your privacy.
I find it best to avoid all religious nuts.

Read what Jesus called the false religious teachers of his day.

In my home, I never answer the door unless you have made an appointment with me.  I also never answer my cellphone unless you are listed in my address listing.  So without being in my address listing, you cannot make an appointment to see me at my home.

So I avoid all politicians, salesmen, religious people and other undesirables.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AM »

But John...without politicians we would have to manage our own lives and keep much more of our hard earned money and depend upon our neighbors and close family for our needs.  ;)  ::)

Seriously, thanks for the wise advice.
Indianabob

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 01:04:31 AM »

Friend Pamela,

I understand your sincere concern for being kind and loving toward all persons. God surely approves.
You seem a lot like my wife who tries her best to answer kindly to all the scam phone calls we get from con men and con women trying to sell us back braces and auto repair insurance for cars who's warrantee has expired years ago. I try to handle them with a baby voice and ask them to wait till I get my momma to the phone. But they just call back any way.
We don't want to condemn people out of hand, but it is reasonable to evaluate their actions and perhaps even mention that they frighten you and ask them to leave.
What bothers me even more is that our elected officials know about the scam phone solicitation and let them do it anyway so the Phone Company can charge for the use of the phone lines.
Friend Bob

Two people came to my door this morning. Lovely looking, well dressed people. The lady
had an I-pad in her hand. She told me their names and proceeded to show me a video.
I asked her what it was about but she said I’ll just show you” and I asked her who they were and
what they wanted, She said “oh I thought I told you, and I said no you didn’t ,and she apologized
 so I pressed her and she said “ well, we are Jehovah Witnesses
and put the I pad in my face. I told them I don’t go to church, and that I read my bible and it is my
church. Everything was a blur to me and I was feeling upset, kind of afraid of them. I told them
“ I don’t believe what you believe” honestly , I don’t even know what they believe , but anyway
she said ,” well can I ask what you” and before she could finish her sentence, I said NO 😡 , NO
YOU CANNOT, and she said “ok and they walked away.
Here’s what I need to know, am I a mean spiritual coward, should I have tried to at least let them
speak. I’m not around a lot of people , hardly any actually , so I get confused when I am put
such situations. This summer I was cornered by two young Mormon boys. I felt the same way
and said almost the same things except I told them God is Sovereign and that I loved Jesus .
They wanted to know what I loved about Him , I said 😡 EVERYTHING and sent them packing.
I also had a call from a person I met once a few years ago , she downed everybody and now apparently she is a spiritual healer. I told her Thou shalt not judge and hung up on her.
Many strange things going on in my life. Anyway, I feel really bad about how I treated these people this morning and was hoping to see them on my walk, but I didn’t. I wanted to apologize for my
behaviour. I know some day these same people will know Our Lord and His truth and I don’t like to hurt people. Also it’s that time of year and I feel so sad for all the old people from the Salvation
Army collecting money. They are in every store and they are so old, people just walk by them.
I don’t care about their church but I do care for these old people being used like that. I like to talk to them and show them respect. They don’t know they are deceived do they? Please help me
understand how you , my brothers and sisters relate to others. I find myself avoiding even my
own children. So sad 😞
In Christ,,, Pamela

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »

Thank you John,and I-bob
I will pray for courage and strength. Maybe to be a little more bold.
I do have a soft heart for older, people ,older than you ibob 😁. There are lots here.
I don’t fall for those phone scams anymore but my husband used to like to argue
with them until he got hacked and we had to change everything,my husband learned
his lesson.he just hang up on them now. There is so much happening in the world right
now, so much evil everywhere that we can see.

Jeremiah 51:24
I will repay Babylon and all the inhabitants of Chaldea before your very eyes
for all the evil that they have done in Zion, declares the Lord.

I’m reading Jeremiah this morning.THE UTTER DESTRUCTION OF BABYLON,,,,WOW

Jeremiah 51:11
Sharpen the arrows ! Take up the shields!

The Lord has stirred up the Spirit of the kings of the Medes, because His purpose concerning Babylon
is to destroy it, for that is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance ,,for His temple.

Who are the kings of the Medes in this scripture?

Thank you all again for your kindness and God Bless You. 💕

In Christ Pamela

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 01:40:33 PM »

Bob:

Buy a CPR CallBlocker device (or something similar) like I did, and when an unrecognized call comes through, hit the red "Block Now" button. Next time they call, the phone rings once, and that's it. They're fairly easy to connect to an existing phone line. For this particular device, you do need Caller ID for it to work properly.

Dean
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:52:14 PM by AwesomeSavior »

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »

Hi Dean,

Been thinking about that type of device.
Problem I have is that apparently they call from a different number each time.
I get the same voice and sales pitch from Florida, New York, Washington etc. etc.

Will Call Blocker help with that situation?
Bob

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Bob:

I have had my device for about 3 months, and have blocked 36 numbers thus far. Yes, my device will block any calls when I hit that red button. My answering machine picks up after 4 rings, so I hustle over to the device (if I'm out of the room) when I hear the phone ring, to see the number and the announcement from Caller ID as to whether it is a "call from.. out of area" or something else that I don't recognize, and I hit the button. This device has preset blocks, and can manually block 1500 calls. Hopefully I won't reach THAT number. The only calls mine won't block are calls that come in from a "VOIP", which stands for a voice over INTERNET protocol connection. Nonetheless, this device is very satisfying.  ;D

Dean

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »

Thanks very much Dean,
I will be investing $89.00 at Walmart or Amazon and will report to the forum on
my success. I'm sure of one thing, my wife will truly appreciate the relief.
When we were young it was party lines with neighbors listening in to our calls.
Then we could just call the operator for help finding a number and for long distance
we put in a request and waited until the operator called back when a line was available.  ::)

Ole Indy

waterfall77

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 07:25:33 PM »

Hi Pamela, I stay in the house most of the time. I homeschool my kids so I don't really have to get out that much , which I'm happy about. I would rather be isolated most of the time. I also would like to avoid family. Jesus has been talking to me about listening more than talking, and ignoring others comments. So I'm trying to be more quiet and listen more with family and friends. I feel I just don't have much in common with those around me . My kids are still young so I Love talking to them and teaching them about Jesus. I'm thankful they listen to me now, I don't know what's going to happen when their older. As for people calling the house that I don't know , we just don't answer the phone. We live in the country so we don't get people coming to the door. It is nice to hear about how people relate with others, since Jesus has called us to a more isolated relationship with Him.
                                                                Aubrey

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 08:45:47 PM »

Hi Aubrey
You are so blessed to be able to stay at home with your kids. I live somewhat in the country also ,
still too close to the city for me but my husband likes it. Our grandchildren and all our friends and family are clear across Canada. We have seen them a few times in six years. We had never been apart from family  before but Our Lord had another plan for me,a Better plan.
I really miss my family but I now know looking back how toxic it was . They are suffering as well.
I Thank God for His mercy on all of us.  Being able to teach your children at home is a wonderful gift many
mothers would hope for. God Bless you and your family Aubrey.  Thank you for your reply.
In Christ,,, Pamela❤️
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.