bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't do the Christmas thing any more, but......  (Read 3199 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
I don't do the Christmas thing any more, but......
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »

Is 9:6-7

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Lk 2:7-11

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.  And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.  And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord....

Lk 2:25-32

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.  And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.  And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

John 4:42   

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Is 26:9

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Lot's of people get down this time of year.  Many times they focus on all their problems and the things that they don't have instead of the things they do have.  Like Ray often taught you have to look behind you to see what God is doing.  If there was a better way to accomplish his will for you and this world he would do it that way.  Trust the plan....

Prune Soleiado

Re: I don't do the Christmas thing any more, but......
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 08:58:54 PM »

Looking forward the realisation of Revelation 18:11:
« The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her [Fallen Babylon]because no one buys their cargoes anymore »
That’s the only feeling I have by now every Xmas..

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: I don't do the Christmas thing any more, but......
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 03:05:38 PM »

Very true Arion. Today is just another day to be thankful for the blessing of God's mercy and grace,  for the salvation of all.

Philippians 2:6-11 (KJV)

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.