bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why A Rib To Create Women?  (Read 8028 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Why A Rib To Create Women?
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:53:26 PM »

I found this information particularly interesting to explain Gods purpose in using a rib to create women.

Although all bones can repair themselves, ribs can regenerate themselves, and are commonly removed during surgeries that require bone grafts in other parts of the body. The rib is removed from the periosteum (a tissue surrounding the bone) much like a banana would be removed from its peel while keeping most of the peel intact. The periosteum must remain, as it contains osteoblasts which build the new rib bone in as little as two months.

In adults, the highest concentration of red marrow is in the bones of the vertebrae, hips (ilium), breastbone (sternum), ribs, skull and at the metaphyseal and epiphyseal ends of the long bones of the arm (humerus) and leg (femur and tibia). All other cancellous, or spongy, bones and central cavities of the long bones are filled with yellow marrow. Yet, as stated earlier, none of the other bones can regenerate like the rib can.

The rib, in particular, represents an anatomic type of long bone with a wide,
spongious component rich in hematopoietic bone marrow, containing multipo-
tent, pluripotent, and unipotent stem cells  Totipotent so far have not been
identified in bone marrow. As with the making of new life from Adam’s rib,
new tissues and organs are now being made in both experimental and clinical
work by using hematopoietic bone marrow from cell cultures.

Given this creation of new tissues and organs via hematopoietic bone
marrow, the question arises about the implication of these observations for
science.

The analogy between Adam’s sleep and anaesthesia (as in surgical pro-
cedures, for bone marrow transplantation) is striking. Also striking, is that
the two events—the origin of man and of woman—are not comparable.
Adam’s origin is not discussed at present, as nowadays, it seems to belong
to the sphere of divinity and as such is inaccessible to scientific knowledge,
whereas woman’s origin is a suitable subject for science.

This information was from several sources, one a pdf, which I can't post and a scientific medical article .

When I consider man being made from the dust of the ground, I need only  look to the biology of soil, because it's full of life. It is often said that a handful of soil has more living organisms than there are people on the planet Earth.; as well as the life giving Inorganic mineral particles, oxygen, water etc.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Why A Rib To Create Women?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »

Interesting Wanda, and doesn’t the ribcage protect the heart and lungs. The physical body and birth itself is such a miracle. Rays study on Gods birthing wisdom was so awesome, but not
something I can picture in my puny little carnal mind. The science and nature of it all is fascinating.
I’m learning about “ let the earth sprout, let the EARTH DO IT, From Genesis. I like to watch docs
about fungi, water memory, DNA etc. I think Gods wisdom is built into everything. Seems to me
that God keeps the scientists very busy chasing one new discovery after another, just when they believe they have an understanding God send them on another chase. 😂😂 I think Ray had said
something about DNA that concerning the intelligence of it scares the scientists.I guess it’s  all so
mind boggling to them but that’s because they are discovering things they can’t explain or
take credit for, They don’t like that cause then they have to put into question their false
power,, free will. God will humble them .
I watch David Suzuki’s Nature of things, I like the show but he’s always pushing evolution.
Wanda , we must be on the same wavelength because I was researching soil and it’s ingredients
the the human body needs , like iron , potassium, magnesium,etc,etc and it is so simple
to connect soil to humans even from an evolution belief. The audio Ray did on the human
eye is proof in itself that evolution is a crock.
You guys got any thoughts on the birth of wisdom? Maybe Wanda , women’s origin is suitable
to science more because of the birth process and the whole fertility thing with the pagans and Egyptian culture. The traditions and cultures of most countries have to do with pagan rituals.
In my home province of Newfoundland,they dress as mummers , even have parades. Most of
the costume requires wearing as much women’s underwear as possible, covering your face and riding on paper mache horses , all in the name of Christmas celebration. It’s stupid . Sex is a
huge part of paganism. What are your thoughts.?    Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »

Interesting Wanda, and doesn’t the ribcage protect the heart and lungs. The physical body and birth itself is such a miracle. Rays study on Gods birthing wisdom was so awesome, but not
something I can picture in my puny little carnal mind. The science and nature of it all is fascinating.

Yes Pamela, the ribcage does protect the heart and lungs, and liver as well. Without our ribcage we wouldn't be able to breathe because the membrane covering our lungs,  is strongly attached to the ribcage. There are other functions the ribs play in body mobility and function as well. It's all fascinating to me too.

I
I'm  learning about “ let the earth sprout, let the EARTH DO IT, From Genesis. I like to watch docs
about fungi, water memory, DNA etc. I think Gods wisdom is built into everything.

I believe that too. In researching water I was blown away, never realized it had memory.

Your comment made me think of another thread about bugs too. Why do we need some of these pesky bugs? Might surprise you to learn how necessary they are to our very existence. God didn't create anything that doesn't have a necessary function to the life of all living things.  I was really hoping we would one day get rid of flies, fleas and roaches for good, but seeing I owe my very life to their existence, they don't seem so disgusting.

Seems to me
that God keeps the scientists very busy chasing one new discovery after another, just when they believe they have an understanding God send them on another chase. 😂[/😂

He must laugh at them quiet a bit. What fun. ☺

I watch David Suzuki’s Nature of things, I like the show but he’s always pushing evolution.
Wanda , we must be on the same wavelength because I was researching soil and it's ingredients
the the human body needs , like iron , potassium, magnesium,etc,etc and it is so simple
to connect soil to humans even from an evolution belief. The audio Ray did on the human
eye is proof in itself that evolution is a crock.
You guys got any thoughts on the birth of wisdom?

I know Pamela, it's hard for me to understand how people can overlook this miraculous design and still believe it all just evolved from nothing, makes absolutely no logical sense to me. On birthing Wisdom, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but I believe God went through something difficult in the process. Maybe we'll know what that was one day.

Maybe Wanda , women's origin is suitable
to science more because of the birth process and the whole fertility thing with the pagans and Egyptian culture. The traditions and cultures of most countries have to do with pagan rituals.

That and they can't figure out how dirt can be used to grow new organs or anything else they can think of to become god's themselves.

Sex is a
huge part of paganism. What are your thoughts.?    Pamela

Sex is a part of every perverse thing imaginable. It's used to make money, blackmail and controll others, and to generally put on display to demean, disgust and destroy our societies ethics and moral principals. Everything God meant for good, man is using to the sorrow and destruction of himself.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:42:29 AM »

Ray had addressed this in one of his talks.  He didn't think it was a rib that was removed from Adam IIRC.  When Adam woke up he was missing something that he had and when he looked at Eve he instantly knew that she had come out of him as now Eve had the feature that Adam was now missing and that is why he exclaimed 'bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh'.  What he was getting at I believe is originally Adam had fully developed breasts.

I don't recall where Ray had addressed this but the way or the scriptural evidence he had but the way he explained it made perfect sense to me.

Porter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »

I remember that too Arion, but the thought of it in a physical context baffles me. However, it does seem to happen in cases of true hermaphroditism. I digress.

The Hebrew the word is tsela, and it can be translated ‘rib,’ door, side and chamber. It seems to reference a private place, a private part or maybe a womb?

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

It seems being created in His spiritual image has a lot to do with it. Adam and Eve was just a shadow of something better. Jesus want's a compliment, a help meet, a counterpart, or a "wife". So His Father is giving us to His Son like a father that gives away his daughter for marriage.

Eph 5:29  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

He loves us and takes care of us because we come out from Him, to Him and for Him. Amazing isn't it? I wonder, are we there yet?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:37:00 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Wanda

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »

This is what Ray said about the translation of rib.

…In the Hebrew the word is # 6763 – tsela, and it can be translated ‘rib’ and ‘door side’ and  ‘chamber.’  In Ezekiel, 10 times this same word translated rib is translated chamber. 

The rest of what he says on the subject is IMO speculation. Who among us hasn't gone there a time or two trying to understand God?

Since the word can be translated as rib, and the fact God is spirit and doesn't possess a physical human body with it's anatomy, rib is not as far of a reach for me to grasp.

Besides, being created in his image is spiritual and going in a direction away from that is not something I feel comfortable doing, or can scripturally justify.

God created man from dust, why would a rib be out of the realm of what God can do?

This is the link to the transcript, and where he talks about this it's about 2/3 down the article.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,3720.0.html

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »

Woman was created to be beside man, not beneath or above him. In salvation, man is no more  worthy and woman is no less a citizen of God’s kingdom.  There is neither male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus”

Galatians 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

They stand side-by-side as fellow heirs of the gracious gift of life.

Peter 3:7

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

I don't recall where I came across this, but because of my romantic nature, I liked it and put it in my notes. Now I'm left wondering does God posses a romantic nature. ☺

God did not choose a piece of Adam's head, so that woman would be over him; nor did He select a piece from Adam's foot, so that he would step on her. Rather, our loving Creator chose man's rib, so that woman was taken from his side--to be his equal...from under his arm--to be protected by him...and from near his heart--to be loved by him.

I wonder,  if one day when we're all - All in All and we have full understanding, will we sit around talking and laughing at some of the thoughts we entertained while we were carnal, as to who God is.  I hope so, I think it would be a jolly good time.

Porter

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »

Hi Wanda,

Apologizes if I made it seem like I was trying to get one up on you. Like I said, it baffles me trying to understand this in a physical literal context, whereas in the past it was very easy to do. So I put out the only thing I thought I understood, which was the spiritual aspect. Even of that I still wasn't sure, hence the question.

Honestly, I can't even see it as applying to literal men and women. All I saw was Christ and the Church, the Bridegroom and the Bride and the position of Christ as the head. However, I do agree there is no male, no female and no marriage in the spiritual Kingdom of God, literally speaking. 

Ray believed femininity and masculinity were both a part of God, which makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise, how would God know if it didn't come out from Him?

I quite often wonder if Ray was speaking in parables of his own sometimes while expounding on Scripture, but especially of Genesis and the creation period. As you can see, I too speculate a lot ;) Maybe too much.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »

Apologizes if I made it seem like I was trying to get one up on you. Like I said, it baffles me trying to understand this in a physical literal context, whereas in the past it was very easy to do. So I put out the only thing I thought I understood, which was the spiritual aspect. Even of that I still wasn't sure, hence the question.

No need to apologize Porter, I didn't think anything of it. In fact, I very much agree with your spiritual perspective. I believe all things from Geniuses on lead to Christ as the head.of the church and the new Jerusalem.

Ray believed femininity and masculinity were both a part of God, which makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise, how would God know if it didn't come out from Him?

I can't disagree, but as for God litterally being either male or female,  or both, is not easy for me to resolve at this point.

I quite often wonder if Ray was speaking in parables of his own sometimes while expounding on Scripture, but especially of Genesis and the creation period. As you can see, I too speculate a lot

Interesting, that's something I never considered before. Now I have more to speculate on.☺

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 12:28:56 AM »

Hi Porter..
Reference how the human gender conditions came to exist.

In my view, God didn't need to copy an existing system (spiritual) of reproduction in order to create and sustain the Human male/female that exists today on Earth.
God creates by God's own powers and the sexual reproduction system was most likely an invention of God designed in God's mind when God decided to have children.
God doesn't need a pattern from which to create a never before existing operation. Certainly God is aware of the differences and similarities in the male and female of the human species, but all of that was invented from nothing that ever before existed.
For example God knows exactly how a woman in labor feels and the pains or joy that she experiences, and the thoughts that come to her mind as she suffers, because God wrote the code for the program that operates in the woman's brain during her pregnancy/delivery of new life.

I think we may have a very limited understanding of what is meant by "made in the image of God"

Love to learn what others understand about the creative process.
Indianabob

Hi Wanda,

Honestly, I can't even see it as applying to literal men and women. All I saw was Christ and the Church, the Bridegroom and the Bride and the position of Christ as the head. However, I do agree there is no male, no female and no marriage in the spiritual Kingdom of God, literally speaking. 

I quite often wonder if Ray was speaking in parables of his own sometimes while expounding on Scripture, but especially of Genesis and the creation period. As you can see, I too speculate a lot ;) Maybe too much.

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »

Hi Bob,

I agree with all you've said. God absolutely created the code to all life, and he didn't need an existing form to do it.

When I think of what God needed to create, not only man, but all of creation, I think of Ray teaching on God and wisdom. Proverbs 4:7 tells us wisdom is the principal thing and proverbs 8:22 says, The Lord possessed me at the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

The word "possessed" is the Hebrew word "qanah" which in this context means to create or to bring forth.  I believe wisdom was the key and necessary thing he needed to create., because we see that before creation ever was - God created wisdom.

Some scientists say all life is connected by a mathematical code and propelled by energy. Did God create a mathematical blueprint prior to creating, who knows,  but I do know it is beyond my capacity to understand.  What I do understand, is God is energy, light, the only inventor, designer, coder, potter, builder and and life giving force, to this extraordinarily magnificent creation. Who can know the wonder of his being,  with such a limited capacity to understand?

Scripture tells us God created the universe from nothing, before that matter didn't exist. A little  Research on matter,  will give anyone a basic understanding of the building blocks of life. From this created matter God had all the necessary material he needed to create all forms of life. He created man from soil matter, which still amazes me when I think of it,  and I believe women was made from human matter; (rib) from man.

I know Satan wasn't created in God's image, but if creating life, be it spiritual or physical requires God to possess a form of that life within himself first...I know this is probably over reaching,  but seeing we're already speculating, here, why not.

Scripture tells us God created evil, and yet he cannot sin. He is the complete opposite of evil in his character, and cannot do evil. How then did he create Satan if he didn't posses any form of him in his being?  I'm thinking the wisdom of knowledge.

Romans 9:21

Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

Proverbs 16: 4

The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 09:02:41 PM »

Thanks Wanda for the great exposition of your thoughts on the matter.
Love to hear more from others as well.

Indianabob

Joel

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 01:13:27 AM »

Wisdom is at the top of list when it comes to the Spiritual attributes of God that Jesus possessed and has.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 02:53:10 AM »

Scripture tells us God created the universe from nothing...

Ah...but it doesn't tell us God created the universe "from nothing."

(CEV)  Because of our faith, we know that the world was made at God's command. We also know that what can be seen was made out of what cannot be seen.

(CLV)  By faith we are apprehending the eons to adjust to a declaration of God, so that what is being observed has not come out of what is appearing."

(Darby)  By faith we apprehend that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that that which is seen should not take its origin from things which appear.

(DRB)  By faith we understand that the world was framed by the word of God: that from invisible things visible things might be made.

(JUB)  Through faith we understand that the ages were framed by the word of God, that which is seen being made of that which was not seen.

(KJV)  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

(KJV+)  Through faithG4102 we understandG3539 that theG3588 worldsG165 were framedG2675 by the wordG4487 of God,G2316 so that things which are seenG991 were notG3361 madeG1096 ofG1537 things which do appear.G5316

(LEB)  By faith we understand the worlds were created by the word of God, in order that what is seen did not come into existence from what is visible.

(LITV)  By faith we understand the ages to have been framed by the Word of God, so that the things seen should not come into being out of things that appear.

(Murdock)  For by faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God; and that things seen, originated from those that are not seen.

(WNT)  Through faith we understand that the worlds came into being, and still exist, at the command of God, so that what is seen does not owe its existence to that which is visible.

(YLT)  by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing;

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ML

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 02:56:19 AM »

Thanks Dave. I was going to make the same comment, but I think you made it good.

Was also thinking of:

Romans 1
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 03:11:08 AM »

Scripture tells us God created evil, and yet he cannot sin. He is the complete opposite of evil in his character, and cannot do evil.

And again, be very careful attributing to Scripture what scripture does not say.  God indeed CAN do evil, and does evil.  BUT (and this is the point at which most people get lost) EVIL is NOT SIN.  They are not synonyms as words, and are not the same thing at all...neither by "definition" nor by the reality of what each actually is.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 03:13:44 AM »

Thanks Dave. I was going to make the same comment, but I think you made it good.

Was also thinking of:

Romans 1
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

What a great spiritual match.

Here's a thought that goes right along with those, I think.

Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:30:26 AM by Dave in Tenn »

Wanda

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:40 PM »

Much thanks for correcting my understanding.
God creating from things unseen, is the complete opposite of creating from nothing.
Honestly, I am finding it hard to wrap my mind around God actually doing evil, because it took me almost a lifetime to believe he truly is love. I'll take your advice on being carefull moving forward  Dave, and spend more time in study on this.

Honestly, if you're going to make a complete fool of yourself, this forum is the best place to do it.☺
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:07:17 PM by Wanda »

Porter

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 02:43:51 PM »

Here's another good one declaring everything came out from Him.

Rom 11:36  Because out of him, and through him, and for him the things all; to him the glory for the ages. So be it. (Rotherhams)

I don't believe God is male and female, but I do believe they are a part of Him in some way, seeing how it came out from Him.

I think we may have a very limited understanding of what is meant by "made in the image of God"

Jesus is a perfect example of being "made in the image of God". When I think of the image of God, I think of a perfect spiritual copy, in mind, in heart, in body and in soul. Perfection can't be improved. I don't even consider His flesh as I no longer know Him in the flesh.

Did Adam and Eve literally happen? Or did God inspire Moses (assuming Moses wrote it) to write a parable about God's plan for the Elect and humanity in general? That's an honest question by the way. Is it important to know? Or is it good enough I know it was just a shadow?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 06:08:59 PM »

From Ray

A bird has very porous bones , because they have to be very light. It flies in the heavens.
It breathes fast because it needs strength and oxygen. So the air which is like the Spirit of God
which He calls it in the New Testament (GK.word for spirit is pneuma), the expanse is even called heaven where the bird flies and likens the air to the Spirit of God. The bird has air in him, and is
flying,,,through the air.
God is Spirit , invisible. We can see Him in Spirit, in our heart, in our mind and soul, our
spirit in our innermost being.
God is here not because we are here, but He was here before we got here and He’ll still be here after we leave(die)
Everything holds together in Jesus Christ. It takes energy and power to hold things(all things
together)or it would all fall apart Jesus is the source of power given to Him by His/ our Father.
God Almighty
Jesus said.” All things are given unto me in heaven and in earth. ( Matt. 28:18)

So what is God? We know He is Spirit that is everywhere, this Light, Bright, Brilliant Power,
Majesty, Glory, all Knowledge and Wisdom,represents Himself to humanity as a Father.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.