bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why A Rib To Create Women?  (Read 8103 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Why A Rib To Create Women?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 02:46:43 AM »

Honestly, I am finding it hard to wrap my mind around God actually doing evil, because it took me almost a lifetime to believe he truly is love...

I could pick through some of the shadows and prophecies of the Old Testament scriptures, but I'll just dive right in with what is at least near the penultimate example of this "principle" as it relates to "us".

Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think there is ANYBODY ANYWHERE without chastisement.  I don't think there are any "********", only sons.  There are simply those sons who have endured and are "Excercised/trained" and sons who have not or are not (yet)--sons He deals with as sons, and sons he does not, presently. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:57:54 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 04:11:02 PM »

Good stuff Dave, it really put it into perspective for me. I've believed for a while God can create, do, use or cause evil while not being evil or sinful Himself. Doing evil is only a sin when mankind does evil to one another.

I have to believe God always uses evil for good purposes. Unlike the Church who always feel the need to defend God from "accusations" of creating and causing evil because they automatically assume that it would equate to a sinful act on God's part. Can't blame them too much as it is not for them to know at this time.

Anyhow, I thought about some of the questions I asked in this thread and I've come to the conclusion it's just something I'm not able to understand at this time.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 03:30:43 PM »

Thanks Dave.

I believe my problem had more to do with thinking God would actually have to be evil if he did evil. I saw it more that he created Satan  to do what he himself couldn't, but the fact remains God is in control of all things 100% of the time.  After searching out all Scripture that pertains to this, I now see how ridiculous that thinking actually is.

Believing God created both good and evil for his purpose, and plan for all mankind,, makes it clear how necessary evil is, and how God uses it for his good.  God Using evil for good is all I needed to find understanding.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Nett

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »

Hello BT family!!

Just thought I would share what I found to be totally awesome for me: Coming from the CONCORDANT LITERAL NEW TESTAMENT (CLV), Greek-English Keyword Concordance (which is located in the back of this CLV), pg. 95:

Evil (Greek: kak on' EVIL) - evil, the opposite of good, to be distinguished FROM sin, in that it is NOT a mistake when GOD creates evil Isaiah 45:7, AND brings MANY evils on His people for discipline.

Philippians 1:6 (Rotherham); "Being persuaded of this very thing, that HE who hath BEGUN in you a good work, WILL perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ!

His will is being done in us ALL, Hallelujah!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.