bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Struggling  (Read 5940 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Struggling
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:44:01 AM »

Dear Chris:
I will make a few COMMENTS in your email.................

Dear Ray,

I am struggling very much in my life.  I am fighting temptation and failing constantly.  I feel so low. I know this is part of God’s plan for me, but I don’t know how much more I can take.  The guilt is so intense because I know I am doing wrong yet I still do it.  I trust in God with all my might, but I have a bad habit of questioning by faith at times.  So I guess you can say my faith is weak.

COMMENT:  This is not meant to be critical, Chris, but "trusting God will all your might and questioning your faith at the same time" is what we call a "contradiction."  You obviously do NOT trust in God with all your might. YOU HAVE NO MIGHT!  And neither do I or anyone else. This is a great part of your problem.  You are looking to yourself for success and looking to yourself for failure. Get your eyes OFF OF YOURSELF.

How can I improve?  I know myself and no man can be perfect as a human being, but how can I at least wipe out the major sin areas in my life and fine some peace and confidence in myself?

COMMENT:  You have repeated your same problem over again, albeit in slightly different words:  "...how can 'I' find peace and confidence in 'MYSELF?'"  Answer:  YOU CAN'T.  You will never ever find peace and confidence until it comes FROM God and is IN GOD.  "For we and the circumcision [those who have had the flesh, carnal mind, CUT from us--the mind that believes in self-confidence and self-improvement] which worship God in the SPIRIT, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH [OUR flesh--our carnal mind]" (Phil. 3:3).

Maybe I am not praying hard enough. Maybe I am not trying hard enough. I don’t know.  I just wish to live a life of honor, but, I also know that God’s will shall be done and I accept that.  I can only hope he has better things planned for me in the future.  I feel a call to minister to others.

COMMENT:  Chris, I appreciate your sentiment, but you are in NO CONDITION spiritually to be ministering to the spiritual needs of others.  You have not gotten the "log" out of your own eye as yet, and therefore you cannot see clearly to get a "mote" out of your brother's eye (Matt. 7:3-5).  Only God can lift you up and give you true confidence and peace of mind, but this can only happen after you are HUMBLED (James 4:3-12).

To heal even.  But how can I this treacherous sinner be a spiritual model for others?  I sometimes wonder that God has made me know sin so deeply that I could be beneficial to others in forgiving and healing themselves through the grace of God. After all I have been there and know first-hand what it means to betray, fail, and disgrace myself in the eyes of the Lord.

Have you been where I am?  If so, how did you get out?

COMMENT:  Yes, of course, "been there done that."  You will NOT get yourself out and neither did I get myself out--But GOD DID.  God is in control of your life. You cannot force God's hand. God moves according to His plan and purpose, not ours. The fact that you are asking me these questions could be a sign that God is beginning to deal with you, but He will show you what you must do, and you will then do it.  I am just a teacher and a "preacher of foolishness" (I Cor. 1:21-24).  But God USES the preaching of foolishness [That is:  God uses the poor grammar and ackward words and phrases and mis-spelled that I use to teach and write with TO CHANGE THE SPIRITUAL LIVES of those whom God is calling out of this world. God can accomplish one of His greatest miracles in the universe, that of spiritaully converting and regenerating a carnal mind into a spiritual mind, through what, on the surface, may seem to many to be 'foolishness'] of preaching to SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE."

Don't become discouraged. You are just as God desires you to be AT THIS TIME.  I know how discouraging it can be to not be able to have "dominion" over your sins.  But in God's time, you will have the victory, and it will come from God, not yourself.

God be with you,

Ray

God bless you for the truths you have brought to my life.   

In Christ’s name,

Chris
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:47:58 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.