> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

Please pray for my daughter

(1/3) > >>

Heidi:
My BT family, I am very worried about my oldest daughter, she is on a downward spiral with the use of alcohol and drugs. 
I know and believe God has a purpose and plan for everything.   In the meantime I'm just a mum.....its not nice to see someone you love hurt themselves the way she is hurting herself.
Please pray with me.......
I believe that it is God that gives us an experience of evil to humble us by and  that it was but for the grace of God that it could have been me!  Before God dragged me to Him I was also drinking and using prescription medication to numb my senses, so I feel to blame for not setting a good example for her.  Did I open up the door for this evil to consume her?
I want her to be free from her addiction, for her and my two grandchildren. 
Heidi

Wanda:
Dear Heidi,

I've experienced this up close and personal in my life as well,  and  I know the heartache that's involved, but since coming to an understanding of God's complete sovereignty, in the lives of all his children, it's been a relief to surrender everything to him,. Knowing he has everything under control, has given me a peace and freedom I'd never known before. For many years I drove myself crazy trying to prevent, by control. What an emotional, gut wrenching  time that was in my life,  because everything I worked so hard to prevent happened anyway..

Everything God wills in our lives is always for something good to follow. Nothing you did or didn't do could have prevented this from happening.

I will pray with you.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Heidi:
Wanda, thank you.  I need to understand how to let go.  Often I will say to myself, "Heidi cease from doing your own work, come into Gods rest and His peace will guard your heart and your mind".  Then the cycle starts all over again with my daughter and her need to self-destruct and then I try everything again! As you correctly state, it is gut wrenching and tiring.

Just now I believe God is working in me and showing me that I need to overcome this.  This is my mountain although my daughter is involved.   I need to die to myself and forsake everything (mother, father, daughter etc) in order to be worthy of His kingdom.  To take up my cross in this instance but to not stop praying for her.  It is my only spiritual weapon I have.
Thank you for being such a blessing to this site with always having God inspired replies to everyone.
Heidi

Musterseed:
My children and especially my daughter suffer also Heidi. I understand how you feel. God has a great purpose for
our children and I try to focus on the healing, joy, and happiness to come. It’s difficult
I know , but God will see you through and His will be done. He will help you accept His will
for your daughter. Cling to Jesus .

In Christ , Pamela
I will pray for your family.

Heidi:
Thank you Pamela for your thoughts and prayers. 

"He will help you accept His will
for your daughter"

I pray that He does.

Heidi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version