bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my daughter  (Read 9766 times)

Heidi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Please pray for my daughter
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »

My BT family, I am very worried about my oldest daughter, she is on a downward spiral with the use of alcohol and drugs. 
I know and believe God has a purpose and plan for everything.   In the meantime I'm just a mum.....its not nice to see someone you love hurt themselves the way she is hurting herself.
Please pray with me.......
I believe that it is God that gives us an experience of evil to humble us by and  that it was but for the grace of God that it could have been me!  Before God dragged me to Him I was also drinking and using prescription medication to numb my senses, so I feel to blame for not setting a good example for her.  Did I open up the door for this evil to consume her?
I want her to be free from her addiction, for her and my two grandchildren. 
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Please pray for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »

Dear Heidi,

I've experienced this up close and personal in my life as well,  and  I know the heartache that's involved, but since coming to an understanding of God's complete sovereignty, in the lives of all his children, it's been a relief to surrender everything to him,. Knowing he has everything under control, has given me a peace and freedom I'd never known before. For many years I drove myself crazy trying to prevent, by control. What an emotional, gut wrenching  time that was in my life,  because everything I worked so hard to prevent happened anyway..

Everything God wills in our lives is always for something good to follow. Nothing you did or didn't do could have prevented this from happening.

I will pray with you.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »

Wanda, thank you.  I need to understand how to let go.  Often I will say to myself, "Heidi cease from doing your own work, come into Gods rest and His peace will guard your heart and your mind".  Then the cycle starts all over again with my daughter and her need to self-destruct and then I try everything again! As you correctly state, it is gut wrenching and tiring.

Just now I believe God is working in me and showing me that I need to overcome this.  This is my mountain although my daughter is involved.   I need to die to myself and forsake everything (mother, father, daughter etc) in order to be worthy of His kingdom.  To take up my cross in this instance but to not stop praying for her.  It is my only spiritual weapon I have.
Thank you for being such a blessing to this site with always having God inspired replies to everyone.
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »

My children and especially my daughter suffer also Heidi. I understand how you feel. God has a great purpose for
our children and I try to focus on the healing, joy, and happiness to come. It’s difficult
I know , but God will see you through and His will be done. He will help you accept His will
for your daughter. Cling to Jesus .

In Christ , Pamela
I will pray for your family.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »

Thank you Pamela for your thoughts and prayers. 

"He will help you accept His will
for your daughter"

I pray that He does.

Heidi

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »

Dear Heidi, I know what you are going through my sister. My two sons were messed up in Meth. They both went to prison. It felt like I was dying inside, But God pulled me through with his tender loving care. Remember the 23rd psalm. That really helped and the prayers of all Y'all. God is with you and your daughter. When things seem so bleak and dark, I look straight ahead and see a light at the end of the tunnel. My God grant you peace and comfort in His loving Arms. If it be your LORD will I pray.

Your Sister Virginia

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »

Yes Heidi we will, thanks for sharing.

Casey

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 04:30:32 AM »

Thank you both, Casey and Virginia; for your kind words and for sharing Virginia.  It makes me realize that we all have trials and tribulations and war stories to share.
Heidi

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:42 AM »

I felt compelled to look at the prayers section of BT tonight.  It seems us mothers have felt this same sorrow in one way or another.  Wanda, your words declaring God sovereignty in our lives helped me too. I know all things are in His hands but I still blame myself and imagine what could have happened if I had made different choices- but that is futile and denying the will of God.
Praying tonight for your daughter Heidi.

Joel

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 01:22:15 PM »

I hope good things are happening with your daughter too Heidi.

Joel

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »

Thanks guys, things are slowly looking better.  Wanda's post about God being sovereign hit the nail in my walk with God and I had to repent to Him that I was not trusting in Him and His will for all our lives.  I now have a peace that surpasses understanding.   Since my request for prayer God has been working in Her life.  She passed her drug test on Monday 15 April and she just seems different? I can't really explain it as it's more a shift in focus? It's all God.....that's first sure!
Heidi

Wanda

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:17 PM »

Awesome news Heidi!

This scripture became one of my favourites once I learned God was conpletely sovereign in all things, before that, I didn't quiet grasp the power those words could have in my life. Like you said, a peace that surpasses all understanding.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 04:36:48 PM »

Wanda, your words declaring God sovereignty in our lives helped me too. I know all things are in His hands but I still blame myself and imagine what could have happened if I had made different choices- but that is futile and denying the will of God.

Yes Octoberose,  futile and spiritually draining, which just adds to the agony of it all, of that I have been guilty. Even after learning of God's Sovereignty in all things, I still did not have faith in it, as it applied to my life, and as a result,  there were many fiery trials.

Many of us know how painful the humbling process can be, and the turning point for me, came from something I read on this forum, about belief without faith.  I realized I needed to repent for that more than anything else. I had repented for everything I was moved to repent of, but not my lack of surrendering all things to him. Once I did, everything changed for the better, and I was given this unimaginable peace that freed me from even thinking of negative and futile thoughts. Something  I could never have done on my own.

Wanda

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 05:11:57 PM »

I should also add. This was one of the very few times Ive actually cried out to God. That was from him too, because in humbling me, he had brought me to the very brink of devastation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.