bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul's trials, what a revelation!  (Read 7002 times)

Heidi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Paul's trials, what a revelation!
« on: April 05, 2019, 05:55:54 PM »

I have read and re-read so many times about the trials that Paul suffered in running the good race and as a believer it is very humbling and sometimes it makes me feel inadequate because there  is no way to compete with his many ordeals! 

Below is a copy of his trials I found doing a search on the site. 

(When I read it this time, BAM, something different, a insight into the deeper things of God hit me!)

THE TRIALS THAT PAUL SUFFERED:

Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more;

in labors more abundant,

in stripes [blows] above measure [in excess, inordinately, exceeding reasonable limits],

in prisons more frequent,

in [perils of] deaths often.

five times received I forty stripes save one.

Thrice was I beaten with rods,

once was I stoned,

thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

In journeys often,

in perils of waters,

in perils of robbers,

in perils by mine own countrymen,

in perils by the heathen,

in perils in the city,

in perils in the wilderness,

in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

In weariness and painfulness,

in watching often,

in hunger and thirst,

in fasting often,

in cold and nakedness.

I mean, come on!  This guy must have known something!  Why else would he continue?  Paul's revelation he received from God when he was taken up in spirit to the 3rd heaven was so life altering and profound that he knew that all the suffering he endured was worth it! 

And it is enough for me to also believe in what Paul saw was worth it to stay in the race.  We need to imitate one another.

It does not matter that I'm not facing half as much as Paul did in order to be in the race because a fellow brother of mine (meaning Paul) believed and saw enough to endure.

We are so blessed to have fellow brothers and sisters and I look upon all the disciples and apostles in the bible as my family. 
I for one am looking forward to meeting them when my Saviour come to collect us! As I am looking forward to meeting all of you when the time comes!

There is a beautiful unity and oneness in these thaughts for as He is so are we! 

The rambling thoughts of a fellow believer.
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Porter

Re: Paul's trials, what a revelation!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »

Very encouraging Hedi, thanks!

I've probably read those verses a million times, but never noticed the line "in watching often" till now. It's just something that's been on my mind since the thread started by Dennis on somewhat the same subject.

This short painful life cannot be compared to God has in store for those that love Him.  :)
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

From Paul’s  Splinter in the flesh,,,, LOF

2Corth.4:17
For this light momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of Glory
beyond all comparison.

Ray Quote” Whenever we get down it’s because we fail to comprehend our future—
transcendently, transcendent glory.
Paul was given a foretaste to encourage him  and also to assure us that these things are real.
They belong to us with our future in Christ.

In Christ, Pamela
Happy are Ye, 😁

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 01:36:54 AM »

Happy indeed Pamela  ;D
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 11:26:27 AM »

Great thoughts.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »

Thanks for a post of such encouragement.

When thinking of what Paul experienced and what it was that gave him the determination and passion to endure, I'm reminded of my own experience with the love of Jesus. Paul was,  I believe, given the ability to feel the Immense  love that our Savior and our Heavenly Father possess for him, and all of mankind. There is nothing that leaves a more lasting impression upon ones heart than that kind of love. A love so powerful, that it fills you with a peace and continment  that's indescribable.  It's a love, that once felt, assures you it has great and lasting purpose.

I believe Jesus was wrapped in this powerful and tender love,  as he sacrificed himself for the salvation of all.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Love truly is the answer to overcoming. I pray, if any of us are ever faced with unbearable situations that test our faith, we will remember the power and purpose that great love has. It makes me tear up just thinking,  that one day I will see that love, on the faces of everyone I look upon, because the Glory and power of Gods greatness, will shine brightly with his love for All.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »

Amen to that Wanda. One day we all will be in the Image of God and God is LOVE. Shining throughout the whole world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.