bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Jerusalem Numbers  (Read 8809 times)

ZekeSr

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
New Jerusalem Numbers
« on: April 13, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »

Someone posted a question on the General Discussion board concerning New Jerusalem which brought this to mind. And I considered for quite a while about whether or not to put this up. But, I thought it might be of interest; so I decided to do it.  Nevertheless, due to the subject, I thought it best posted here on the off topic.

Some interesting factoids concerning New Jerusalem:

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, a hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.

There have been many variations of the cubit, but it is the ratio that is the most important. Comparing the Hebrew cubit to the English system of measurement, which we still use today in the USA and some scholars believe has evolved out of the Hebrew, the inch is equal to the average width of the thumb … the average foot is equal to 12 thumb widths or 12 inches … the cubit is the average distance from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow which is 18 inches or 1 ½ feet.  The average pace (2 steps) is 5.28 feet ... 1000 paces is 5,280 feet or 1 mile. And a furlong is 660 feet or 1/8 of a mile or 7,920 inches.   

Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length thereof is as great as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs: the length and the breadth and the height thereof are equal.

A furlong is 7,920 inches and the diameter of the earth is 7,920 miles. New Jerusalem is 12,000 furlongs or 7,920,000 ft.  7,920,000 ft divided by 5,280 ft = 1500 miles. Therefore, the length, breath and height of New Jerusalem are each 1500 miles.

Divide the diameter of the earth (7920 miles) by the diameter of New Jerusalem (1500 miles) and you get 5.28. The pace of a man.

Pace/Foot = Earth/Holy City = 7920/1500 = 1/5.28

The wall of the city is 144 cubits. 144 cubits = 216 ft = 2592 inches. 25,920 is the average number of breaths a person takes every day. “according to the measure of a man”

The diameter of the moon is 2160 miles.
The diameter of New Jerusalem is 1500 miles. 2160/1500 = 1.44... the cubits of the wall.

25,920 is also the number of years it takes for the earth to complete what is known as the “great cosmic year” which is the number of years it takes to complete the precession of the equinoxes.

These are just a few of the examples. I’m not trying to suggest anything by this “playing with numbers” as I do not quite know how to take it myself. But this kind of relationship pops up continuously from the smallest microscopic scale to the largest cosmic scale with mankind always in the middle. Similar relationships that remind me of the Fibonacci Sequence.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:13:57 PM by ZekeSr »

Ricky

Re: New Jerusalem Numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:17:33 AM »

Sounds like Ancient Aliens math.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

ZekeSr

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:50:08 AM »

Sounds like Ancient Aliens math.
Math is math. It is the same throughout the entire universe. And those measurements are straight out of scripture. The ratios are there. The symbolism behind these figures, which I do not claim to entirely understand, only serves to deepen my belief in the Master Mathematician and Architect of all the exists. These kind of figures and other kernels of information occur over and over again throughout the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation. I have no belief whatsoever in alien visitation.

Mike

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »

Principalities of the Air, are the Aliens. For human beings, there are only 2 dimensions to believe in, the Visable, and the UNvisable. Real aliens from other planets do not exist. Space travel is impossible.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

ZekeSr

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 01:49:51 PM »

Principalities of the Air, are the Aliens. For human beings, there are only 2 dimensions to believe in, the Visable, and the UNvisable. Real aliens from other planets do not exist. Space travel is impossible.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why the mathematics plainly inserted into the Holy Scriptures have anything to do with "ancient space men", space travel, some kooky TV show about alien visitation or the unseen satanic forces. Please explain.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:13:52 PM by ZekeSr »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

Hi Mike,

I believe all of creation was created,  operates and is held together by very deliberate and precise mathematical  equations of perfaction,  and is a big part of scripture and  prophecy as well. It reminds me of what Ray said about scripture, it's all one thing or leads to one thing, if I'm remembering correctly.

I was doing a study on the Glory of God, which to be honest, connects to literally everything in scripture as I've  learned, and the New Jerusalem is no exception.

I take notes because I'm always moving forward in understanding as we all are. I'll share some of my research and  what I think I understand thus far.

I've come to understand the prophecy rests in the number 12,000, which means glorified divine.  Essentially, each of the 12 gates, 12 tribes, and 12 apostles are represented by a thousand. The number 1000 means the glory of God, so this suggests that the 12 tribes and apostles are showing forth the glory of God.

Paul tells us in Rom. 3:23, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” The original sinner was Adam, who died at the age of 930 (Gen. 5:5). He fell short of the glory of God by 70 years, and so also 70 is the number of Restoration (to the glory of God). How are we to be restored to God’s glory? We must enter one of the 12 gates; we must become Israelites (“join” a tribe) through one of the tribes of Israel represented by the gates; and we must have faith in the word that was preached by the apostles, the gatekeepers.

My understanding  at this time,  is the prophetic picture implied by the 12 gates and the perimeter of the walls is that the city itself contains the glory of God, and is governed by the law of God—which David said was “perfect, restoring the soul” in Psalm 19:7. All who enter are restored to the glory of God, which is their inheritance.

The Concordant Version of Rev. 21:17 reads,

17 And he measures its wall of a hundred forty-four cubits of a human measure, which is that of the messenger [angel].

The NASB says that the wall was “seventy-two yards,”  which I think hides the underlying prophecy in the biblical numbers. The number 144 is what Scripture sets forth as being important, though in this case even 72 can be seen as part of the revelation I think,  because it is half of 144.  Did John set forth the number 144 in order to identify the walls with the 144,000—the resurrected overcomers having the glory of God?   I know there is much more, and it all connects and rests with the perfection and greatness of God's Glory.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 08:47:10 PM »

Interesting stuff, but not even the "off-topics" portion of the forum is here to promote theories.  I'm inclined to leave the thread up rather than remove it, but I'm going to lock it for now to prevent argument.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:56:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.