bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persecution Came Calling  (Read 9820 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Persecution Came Calling
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:45:51 PM »

Persecution came a calling today. The whole thing was crazy. My son who lives in Germany called, which was odd because we just talked Sunday.  After an hour the Conversation  took a turn to the dark side, which in this case would be my sons disdain for the president. Not something  I normally let happen if I can work around it, but this time he got a jump on me.  I let him rage on for a bit before I interupted him. His father just hangs up on him, but i usually hang in there until he either eats his words or comes to his senses, this time was no different.

We had been discussing the possibility of he and his family staying in Germany,  after my daughter-n-law retires from the army in a couple years, and I agreed it might be better for the grandkids. At some point, not sure when, I matter of Factly   said, don't worry, there will be a Kingdom coming where everyone lives in peace and happines. Yep, just like that the beast was awakened. He was livid, I've never seen my kind, gentle and loving son so enraged, not even by politics.

I should add I never discuss God with either of my sons, because I gave them over to him a while ago.  Not even when there was a discussion about taking my  little grandaughter to Catholic Church,  so I was shocked that came out of my mouth.

If you've never heard one of your children tell God to "F" himself Repeatedly , consider yourself blessed. I normally have very good blood pressure, but I could feel it rising, felt like either my face or head was going to explode.I seriously wanted to reach through the phone, but through the grace of God I was able to maintain composure

He told me I was living a myth, and I needed to realize that and walk away from any fairytale notion of there being a God. At that moment, the strength and boldness of Jesus came out of me, and I told him that was never going to happen, and I would declare my belief in God with my dying breath. Miraculously that calmed him, and he apologized for getting so upset. He had one more thing to say though, if he ever sees God he's going to tell him how he feels. I said, maybe not, I have a strong feeling you'll be weeping to much to say anything. He asked why I thought that. I told him of a dream I'd recently had, where he, his brother and myself were standing in the presence of Gods glory, and they both were weeping with awe and shock from the love and peace that was in and before them. They looked to me, as if to say, how did you know. His reply, " I don't believe that will ever happen, but it would be great if it did". He said mom, you're one of the sweetest kindest people I've ever known, of course you found a happy ending.

Our conversation ended with me telling him I understood how he feels,  considering all the deceptions of religion, and would pray for Gods will to be done his life, as he had done in my own.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:01:06 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Persecution Came Calling
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »

I’m happy to hear it ended well Wanda. These trials come so unexpectedly and
they are so difficult when it involves our children and grandchildren. Thank God
for His Grace and mercy to get us through these trying times.

God Bless You and keep fighting the good fight.❤️

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

Thanks Pamela.❤

My son used to believe in God, but after going to Afghanistan and then Iraq for 18 months,  it changed him. He's now of the mind set if there is a God,  he's sick, twisted and  diabolical. I didn't even try to reason with him, it would have been futile. I'm blessed to  know this had a purpose and that's what's important, so I'm good with it. Besides, he knows intuitively there's God, I believe everyone does, even though they deny it.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:06:28 AM »

Hi Wanda:  God has definitely blessed you with strength, patience and perseverance.  For your son to listen to what you had to say and not hang up on you was another blessing.  Being in Afghanistan does change a person or cause doubt in one's perspective for sure! 

I had a church acquaintance who was in the Canadian military.  He thought he was a "solid christian" until he went to Nigeria (years ago).  After what he experienced, he also began to doubt God etc.  Once back in Canada, thanks to God's leading, he got the right counselling, left the military and is now an associate pastor.  Even if in an institutionalized church, he did have his faith (as he believes) restored.  Praying that your son's beliefs will be restored if that is God's will.  Maybe this is part of a process for something God has in store for his future and he will be the stronger for it.

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »

Thanks Honeylamb.

The experience was beneficial in that I could see and feel God's direction in it, even if I didn't fully understand his purpose. I've learned to accept God's will in my life, to include those of my family,  and have been given the faith to believe God's way is the very best and only way there is to obtaining any measure of peace and meaningful purpose in this life. It's only taken a lifetime though.  ;)

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 10:31:51 PM »

Hi Wanda, I am amazed at your strength.  You once told me that you received piece once you realized that God is Sovereign and that everything that happens is according to His will and desires.  I am now at piece and will pray for you and your sons.  I'm glad you shared with him about you and your two sons standing in front of God, I pray it does not return void.
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 12:04:18 AM »

Thank you Heidi.

I'm happy to here you feel that peace, it's a life changer.

I  used to worry all the time, heck I even imagined things to worry about. Life was kicking me hard so I was kind of paranoid and trying to circumvent all possibilities. What a waste of energy that was. By the time I learned and actually believed God was sovereign in all things, I was so exhausted jumped for joy to be free  of all that responsibility, I've never slept better.  They say stress kills, not if God doesn't want it to. ;)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »

Hello Wanda 👋

You’re not alone facing persecution:

« Acts chap.2
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. »

What a joy to know that even if we are to be spiritually cut off from our carnal family, we have gain a greater spiritual family, God’s family! And we know this one thing: All will be one at the time our Father has appointed, one heart, one mind, one Lord and one God and Father for all. It will come soon, in a little time. For now, I, your sister, love you and hug you in Christ our Savior.
We choose the narrow way, what a great and marvelous walk with our brothers and sisters, surrounded by God’s love!
 ;D

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »

Hi Michele 👋

Thank you for the encouraging words of support.

Sending hugs and love to you as well, my dear sister.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.