bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Zombie Apocalypse Humour  (Read 9492 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

Re: Some Zombie Apocalypse Humour
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:40:46 AM »

Those brothers are mentally deficient and mean.
If they were my children they would be very sorry... >:(
Bob

Wanda

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 01:20:10 PM »

Sorry Bob.

I Didn't mean to offend. Maybe I have a sick twisted sense of humor. Growing up with   3 brothers might have warped me.

I saw the family on a clip from the Ellen show,  and the mother and father were in on the prank as well.  seems they have great fun playing jokes on eachother,  even the younger sister. My brother's had great fun at my expense, but I gave as good as I got.   I don't feel I've  suffered any lasting emotional trauma as a result, in fact, i look back on those memories quiet fondly. Maybe we were all mentally deficient and didn't know it.🤔
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »

Hi Wanda,

No need to take it too personally as far as I'm concerned.  ;)
I admit to being sensitive to being the butt of pranks from my teen years.
I was not very popular in school and somewhat of a loner.
I was also a defender of the underdog when I became an adult, because these
type of pranks can escalate to more harmful although unintended consequences.
= =
However...the part of the video that got to my defensive side was that the sister
was still under the influence of a narcotic and unable to evaluate the information
being presented to her. If she had struck out in anger after realizing what her
loving brothers, and parents ? had done I would not have blamed her.
It would have been justifiable revenge if her brother had a busted lip.  :o

Please take my words with a spoonful of sugar to sweeten them.

Friend Bob  :)

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »

No problem Bob.

I didn't take it personal. I considered your reaction came from a place only you could know.

My reply was to give another perspective, from my own experience. Growing up,  we kids were very close because we moved a lot and didn't stay in any one place long enough to make friends. Even so, we were viewed by others as less worthy among our peers, because we were poor with no father. Divorce was not as common back then, and there was a great stigma attached to it.  Reminds me of the saying, "A family who plays together stays together".  We could,  and did many things to eachother that we never would have tolerated  from an outsider, because we knew it came from a place of love., and we felt secure in that. I think the family in the video have that kind of bond.

I've heard all of them speak about that prank, they're all great zombie enthusiasts,  and it was clear those brothers adored their sister and she them. One of those situations where things are not as they might first appear.

Even in her drug induced haze she had some great critical thinking skills. Some brothers make that a necessary skill to hone as a sister.☺

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:36:33 PM by Wanda »

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 11:47:40 PM »

O.K. now I have another question.
What is a "great" zombie enthusiast?
I know that kids play weird games, but witchcraft is dangerous, especially for empty minds.
How does that fit with their desire to bring peace and tranquility to the family setting?

Zombie:
 "The term comes from Haitian folklore, in which a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic."

Isn't belief in such myths similar to demon worship?
Because... if a dead body is "animated" it would seem to be a demon miracle similar to what was illustrated in Jesus' time on earth.
see Matt 5:1-20

Wanda

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »

Bob,

I should have said they are big Walking Dead enthusiasts. It's just another mind sucking  cable show on TV. I've never seen it myself but it has a huge following as I understand. Just one of the reasons I don't own a TV anymore. Interesting point, I never knew about the show until I came across the video I shared.  Then I did a search for something totally unrelated and all the results that came  back were about the TV show. Either google knows about the spiritually dead, or their spying technology has a serious glitch.🤔

Personally I can't judge, I used to watch every horror movie that came out when I was young,  with the exception of those about demonic possession. Even the commercials for one of those would send me running from the room. I didn't actually believe any of it, or  know what pagan beliefs were connected to any of it. I was young, dumb and ignorant,  and  I suspect those following the show are too.

From my humorous perspective, I associate the zombies/walking dead , with the spiritually dead. Which in my opinion has the potential to be much scarier than some fictional zombies.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply about your younger years.
Many kids seem to like to be frightened when they are with friends in a crowd.
 :o boo  ::)

Question though.
What is frightening about the spiritually dead? They don't bother me...
They will just have to wait until God grants them a new heart of understanding. Yes/no?

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »

:o boo  ::)

:):

Question though.
What is frightening about the spiritually dead? They don't bother me...
They will just have to wait until God grants them a new heart of understanding. Yes/no?

They're  only scary because they're  real people, unlike zombies. There's no limit to what will come into the hearts and minds of man.

Personal experience. Every car I've owned since living in the area of Florida I do now, has been, stolen and Vandelized . All from various areas. One was stolen twice in eight months,  One had a club on the steering wheel, all others had security systems that were engaged,  and all were locked. 

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 05:19:17 PM by Wanda »

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »

Wanda,
You have ample reason to be concerned.
Maybe it's the area that you live in.
I have never had such an experience living in Northern Indiana for 80 years.
Although I do recall a time when Auto insurance companies restricted where they
would issue auto insurance policies to the residents. Illegal now since Federal government
is politically correct and forces companies to issue if the individual is worthy no matter where
they live. [except in a war zone...]

Wanda

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 03:41:29 PM »

I live in the Tampa Bay area Bob, and I know it's the area. Prior to this, I lived on the East Coast and never experienced anything like this. There are to many people for the land mass, so we're all crambed in like sardines in a can. Drugs are also very prevalent, predominately methamphetamine. I did move to the outskirts of the city, to a small rural area a few years ago, and haven't experienced any car thefts since.Some of my neighbors have had their cars broken into though.

Regarding car insurance, rates here are higher, as a result of these car thefts.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »

Glad that you were able to move to a better area.

NOTE; Lots of people believe that car insurance companies are charging too much for the protection they provide.
However, in my past life I was an insurance agent and had to deal with the claims that people made.
Many if not most claimants want to make a profit from their loss.
So they exaggerate the estimate or claim back problems and soreness to try to intimidate the claims adjuster.
It almost never works unless they share their recovery with a lawyer who's fee is 40% and so only the very
few do better than they would have with a trustworthy Agent on their side.

Of course it is important to have a trustworthy agent, so one needs to be VERY careful in selecting one.

The other misunderstanding is that the Insurance company has too much profit.
That may be true in some instances, but it is plain fact that all losses are passed on to other insureds.
If I receive a large settlement, then eventually other insureds who haven't had a claim will be paying larger
premiums to cover what I received. The insurance company NEVER uses their own invested money to pay claims.

Just a little light on a costly situation.  Ole Indiana Bob

Wanda

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59:10 PM »

Thank you Bob, and I agree with all you shared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.