bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Overwhelming Desire to Live  (Read 16314 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The Overwhelming Desire to Live
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 01:30:49 PM »

Wanda,
Seriously appreciate your humor. Please do not be concerned...

I think we may be missing a little understanding of how much responsibility is "reasonable" for God to put on us and or Eve as a mother.

If I understand anything, as a simple man of course, God wasn't concerned that Adam and Eve had too much to do to care for several children all at once. Plus we truly don't know how much desire for children God put into her mind. God can do that you know. God can make you desire to serve Him OR God can blind you and withhold understanding. We don't have free will, right?

Adam had a natural God given sexual desire for a relationship with his wife AND she had a God given desire toward her husband to please him and there were no obvious methods of birth control as yet. Result = children, children, children... Plus I am quite sure that God also gave them both a desire to see their progeny grow and prosper in all things and so they spent the days teaching them and exploring with them, especially since there was not a lot of other entertainment around for the first many years.

Gen 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 

Just my view of course. Bob

= = =

Bob -

I find it interesting that God created more than  two of each living creature, during the creation process, to share the responsibility of populating the earth,  and yet only created one man and one women.

I've given some thought to what you said about  women and her reproductive capabilities, and it gave me quiet a laugh.

Only a man, who has never experienced pregnancy and  childbirth would consider God  putting that kind of responsibility and burden on one women to mass produce. .with that kind of logic, I can understand why some women think God is a women hater.  ;)

Edited to add this.

Bob,

Someone else, after reading my comment, missed my lame attempt at using humour to be thought provoking, so I want to assure you, it was not an attempt to be disparaging in any way. I was thinking of what you once said about your wife never letting you forget the pain she endured to give you children.

In person, I'm quiet funny, but that doesn't always come across very clear in txt.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

Thank you Bob.

You're right,   All thimgs are possible with God, as I'm a living breathing example. I try hard not to limit him,  as is often the case with us humans. Not one of us can resist the will of God, so no, we don't have free will.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »

This scripture is profound to me in a way it never was before.

Gen_3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever

I've been thinking on this scripture, and even though I've read it many times over the years, not once did I connect it to my question. It's not even one of those that's hidden in deep spiritual meaning.

All I know, is I have talked to God many times about mans strong desire to live, especially when my sister was fighting so hard to live, even though she had suffered endless days with unimaginable pain from cancer, she kept saying  she wanted to keep fighting. I prayed for the time she would surrender because her suffering became to much for me to bear. Now I understand, it was not in her control not to fight, until God made it so. I've also read how hard Ray fought to live, and It was the same for him.

Imagine fighting against the will of God until our dying breath, and yet that is his will too. We can't surrender to death until God makes it so.

Job 14:5-6  (NIV)

5 A person’s days are determined;
    you have decreed the number of his months
    and have set limits he cannot exceed.
6 So look away from him and let him alone,
    till he has put in his time like a hired laborer.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:47:28 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »

Wanda,I just received Ray’s Book, Lake of Fire. It’s beautiful and I opened to this as I was reading
your post.

NOTHING HAS EVER GONE AGAINST GODS PLAN OR INTENTION

It is God’s intention that men go against His will.So what may appear to be a failure
in God’s dealing with mankind is nothing of the kind. All that happens was intended to happen
and all that does not happen was not intended to happen. Here is wisdom.

In Christ
Pamela ❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 06:40:59 PM »

Thanks Pamela, how very true that is.

I ordered mine after you, so I'll probably get it later this week.

I thought about something more, so thanks for Bering with me while I go on about this, it's had a big impact and I can't stop myself.

This song popped into my head, "Take me back to the garden".

Take me back to the garden
Take me back and walk with me
For Your presence I am longing
Take me back!

Maybe there is a deeper spiritual meaning to the scripture.

Are we really fighting death or unconsciously,   fighting to get back to the garden and walk with God, as Adam once did? I'm pretty sure Adam must have missed those walks with God terribly at times, how could he not.

I've said this before,, I believe man knows there is a Creator even if it's on a subconscious level. Even my God hating son, who is angry at him at the same time he's denying his existence. How can you be angry at someone you don't believe in?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:14:02 PM by Wanda »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »

Rom: 8:19
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
22-23... For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in
the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation but we ourselves
who have the first fruits of the Spirit groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for the
adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
2Col.5:2-4
For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by
putting it on we may not be found naked.( like Adam and Eve in the garden)
For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened— not that we would be unclothed,
but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal, may be swallowed up
by life.

Rom.8:20-22
For the creature (creation) was made subject to vanity not willingly, but by reason of Him
who hath subjected the same in hope.Because the creature itself also shall be delivered
from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain until now.

Ray says
“ Make no mistake, death is an enemy, but it is being abolished (1Corth. 15:26)
by the one who has already has victory over it and although we will never experience death,
we will experience the act of dying.
But take courage—- all you will ever know— is LIFE.

Amen
Come Lord Jesus

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 10:40:53 PM »

You pulled it all together so perfectly Pamela.

Sometimes God shows us something we already know, from a different perspective, and  as a result it gives a thing new meaning.  Knowing and believing it is wonderful,  but being able to feel it is indescribable.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:44:51 PM by Wanda »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.