bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: monetization  (Read 43173 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: monetization
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »

Two thumbs up, Dennis    :)

One of the last times I commented on a YouTube video was from a Babylonian preaching about "hell, fire, and brimstone". I left comments saying there was no hell, and that this was the most blasphemous, sinful teaching from wicked, sinful man. I received about 60 or more replies (though I did get 2 thumbs up)!  Ha.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »

Two thumbs up, Dennis    :)

One of the last times I commented on a YouTube video was from a Babylonian preaching about "hell, fire, and brimstone". I left comments saying there was no hell, and that this was the most blasphemous, sinful teaching from wicked, sinful man. I received about 60 or more replies (though I did get 2 thumbs up)!  Ha.

If people have time I would like to see all of us 'like' and reply or comment on our various YouTube videos.

YouTube does not care if it's a thumbs-up or down. Either will increase our ranking on YouTube and drive more traffic to the site.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »

But we've added 130+ new YouTube subscribers thanks to the ads.

That's positive news. I've been reading the comments, which were far nastier than I was anticipating. I suppose that's the result of limiting myself to this forum, where things are monitored.  Although I never comment anywhere but here, I'll go outside of my comfort zone and make an effort to comment on the YT videos.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 09:47:00 AM »

But we've added 130+ new YouTube subscribers thanks to the ads.

That's positive news. I've been reading the comments, which were far nastier than I was anticipating. I suppose that's the result of limiting myself to this forum, where things are monitored.  Although I never comment anywhere but here, I'll go outside of my comfort zone and make an effort to comment on the YT videos.

It all helps. We never know how our actions will affect someone. One comment that makes sense could be a turning point. But we know God is directing everything which includes our actions.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »

Here are some numbers I thought you might find interesting.

Percentage of Views on different devices:

Mobile phone       62.4%
Tablet                 36.6%
TV                        0.3%
Computer              0.5%

Most people watch our YouTube videos on their smartphone while the percentage of people like myself who watch on a computer or TV is tiny.

I'm happy with YouTube so far. It's more efficient and most likely we'll not go back to advertising on Google's search engine.

The new 'tithing' YouTube video has 1,832,600 impressions (total number of people that have been exposed to the ad), and out of that 24,383 people clicked on the ad. This works out to 1.33% which is somewhat high. The average is usually closer to 1%.

So far there are 184 comments. Most of which are negative. But that's normal and a small percentage of the total clicks, so we don't really have any idea of how many people have been helped.

The YouTube 'tithing' campaign is on hold until I find out the amount of money we've spent so far gets current. So don't look for the number of clicks to increase much for awhile.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »

FYI: I just created a Patreon account for bible truths to supplement our PayPal account: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=28467987

YouTube rolled out an entirely new system for advertising about 6 months ago and I've been learning my way around it.

The new Tithing video has about 24,000 clicks so far thanks to our YouTube ads:  https://youtu.be/thGGwSDYxbQ.  That's a lot of potential for people not to be giving to these TV preachers, but instead taking better care of their families.

The new Noah's flood video had over 30,000 clicks in three days thanks to our YouTube ads:  https://youtu.be/Fie4lGQ_9kU 

And we've added almost 400 new YouTube subscribers in a little more than a week!

I put a link to Patreon in half-dozen YouTube video descriptions so far. We'll see what happens.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »

And we've added almost 400 new YouTube subscribers in a little more than a week!

Really great news Dennis.☺
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.