bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Judgement In This Age?  (Read 73972 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Judgement In This Age?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 03:04:36 AM »

I have spent a lot of time - a lot of useless time - supposing how things could have been different in my life or the lives of my children .  I’ll  day dream and get caught up in a fantasy land of the turn I took or didn’t take, the decisions I made I wish I could take back, the words I wish I could take back. It’s taken a long time for me to stop myself and say ,” Stop trying to second guess God! Stop arguing with Him over the darkness and head into the light ! Ask forgiveness when needed and go on !     This for me is God’s judgements now in this life .

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 03:46:11 AM »

Ray said that, by the Grace of God, we know Something that dead people can't know. This secret that is Christ in us:
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I HAVE LEARNED the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."(Philippians 4:12)
"The glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Colossians 1:27)
It helps us Walking in the vissicitudes of this present life of apprenticeship. We have to accept Walking on the narrow way, in the heart of the earth, in the darkness, as hard as it is, we have this secret, this hope in our hearts. Because we beg for wisdom and love and holiness, even though we remain bogged down in a tortuous world.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matt 7:7) We know and Believe this Word of God.
"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
So we keep on Walking in the darkness, but guided by Christ, our Light, our life, our Lord, our Love. Wishing to be alone with Him, no one around to separate us from Him. But are we not to testify to the same tortuous world about the depth and the width of God's Love? It makes me think of Paul in Philippians 1:"19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me."
Romans 7:13"in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become UTTERLY sinful." And right before this Paul says in Romans 7:9 "when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died." We learn. We grow up in spirit in the middle of the night.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:53:37 AM by Prune Soleiado »

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 07:30:35 PM »

In John  8:12 we read, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I believe that we used to walk in darkness, but no more because we now have the light of life.  Darkness stops for us, those who are in Christ.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 09:25:09 PM »

We wouldn't need a light if we were not surrounded by the darkness of this world, we would know in advance and see all the obstacles that await us on our way.
The difference is that we Don't belong no more to this darkness, we belong to Our Father of Light. We Don't want to hide in this darkness, we want to be revealed in Christ.
My eyes are opened for God allows me by His Grace to keep on Learning about His Love for all of us. But I still can't uncover all the shadows that remain about the future, about my true self as God's child, I Don't have this certainty to walk in a total full Light, for my heart yet darkens a big part of those truths. The race is not finished, I have this feeling I am really far from its end.
But I want to feel and realize every step of the processing if it can help others around me to question and Wonder about my God and Father. Like: "How come she smiles when I would cry out loud and give up if I was in her position?". Like Job's wife couseling him to give up his faith rather than keep on glorifying God. Who do I want to please?
God be gloryfied, whatever happens. Because what's important is not what is happening to me but how I react to the bad and even the good circumstances. Humility, Patience, Love...sometimes I miss it completely and panic on board of my small boat, or I sometimes almost go short of swellin of pride for knowing so little about God's Plan.
Jesus is hope, this Light is hope, because even though we Don't how we can keep on Walking, as by God's Grace our feet are "fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace" (Ephesians 6;15), we know for sure how the Journey will end: God will be all in all, and this enlighten the darkest nights in which from time to time my heart can be tempted to plunge. I Don't want to fall asleep, anyway, if possible, I couldn't, because the light of Jesus dazzles me, illuminates the night around me, then changes me entirely, no point of return, by God's Grace and God's omnipotence. He keeps on saving us. Amen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:33:27 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Heidi

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:46 PM »

I agree with:
« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:25:09 PM »
ReplyQuote
We wouldn't need a light if we were not surrounded by the darkness of this world, we would know in advance and see all the obstacles that await us on our way.
The difference is that we Don't belong no more to this darkness, we belong to Our Father of Light. We Don't want to hide in this darkness, we want to be revealed in Christ

Although we are still in this world we are not part of this world.
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »

Habakkuk's prayer in chap 3:
"God came from Teman,
    the Holy One from Mount Paran.
His glory covered the heavens
    and his praise filled the earth.
His splendor was like the SUNRISE;
    RAYS FLASHED from his hand,
    where his power was hidden.
Plague went before him;
    pestilence followed his steps.
He stood, and shook the earth;
    he looked, and made the nations tremble.
The ancient mountains crumbled
    and the age-old hills collapsed—
    but he marches on forever."
Beautiful!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »

2Co.4:6
For God who said” let light shine out of darkness has shone in our hearts to
give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Gen.1:3
And God said. Let there be light” and there was light”

Gen.1: 4
And God saw that the light was good, and God separated the light
from the darkness.

Matt.4:16
The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great  light, and for those dwelling in the region
and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.

Matt 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach saying” repent for the kingdom of heaven (s)
is at hand.

Matt 4:19
and He said to them” follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

Matt. 4:20
Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.

Jesus is our shining , bright, brilliant light in this cold dark world.

They Kingdom Come, Thy Will BE DONE. AMEN

In Christ, Pamela,,,,, Love to all ❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 10:12:00 PM »

And if we pay close attention to all the words, then we can realize how loudly His Light shines. It comforts, and strenghtens, and gladdens. That's what I understand when God invites us to rejoice all the time. It's not about being a smiling clown in the street, like false believers do.
It's about understanding, by grace, the infinite richness of His Word, finding in it the light that will guide us in every step of our lives in Christ. Finding the treasure in it, we bury it deep into our hearts. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."(Matt 6:21) and "what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart" (Matt 15:18). In Isaiah 55:11 God says "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." May we all accomplish God's desire by the light of His Word, as Lights of this darken world that's getting darker each day. May we glorify Our Father in Christ being lamps put on their stands. "For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open." (Mark 4:22)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:14:19 PM by Prune Soleiado »

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 11:01:34 PM »

By the way, I was thinking about this: you, all the contributors on this forum, you are a real testimony of God's Grace in those dark times. because I am a baby, I know the true God for only four years. But I can see lots of you knowing Him since a real long time, and still you show the deepest love for Our Father in Christ, rock steady you are! How encouraging this steadiness, how reassuring.
Wanda, I go back to your first question for this thread: How do we know a judgement is from God?
May I dare to give you my proper thought about it ?
I would say: when, in the middle of the storm, you have a strong feeling of being safe despite the danger. You can utterly suffer, but this insurance that everything will come to an end, everything will be fine remains, almost naturally (almost, for it's a grace of God).
Jesus sleeps calmly in the middle of the storm. And somehow, you all do the same, I can see it. You are the letter, the testimony that helps me keeping my eyes opened. You are the light that prevents me from falling on obstacles. I read testimonies of the deepest of sufferings, pains, fears. But still, the love for Jesus is never denied and confidence in His love remains. You all are this one prophecy, the kingdom of God, and it elevates me.
How do we know a judgement is from God? Maybe because we can learn from it? Learn righteousness, not vengeance. Learn to love, not to mock. And boy I learn a lot with you all BT family members!
How do we know a judgement is from God? When suddenly in the middle of the blackest night we are able to see the sun raising, shining  warming, and be thankful to God about it, about the warmth and the light but also admitting that without the blackest night(without the judgement..) AND by the grace of Our Father we wouldn't have realize/learn anything. God is indeed gloryfied here.

Heidi

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 01:44:45 AM »

Prune, God has blessed you with beautiful poetic wordplay.   Reading your post made the hair on my arms stand up. 

"How do we know a judgement is from God? When suddenly in the middle of the blackest night we are able to see the sun raising, shining  warming, and be thankful to God about it"

Heidi

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »

Thank you Heidi.
English is not my mother language, but "God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace to reveal his Son in me" (Gal 1:15-16) created all the circumstances so that I can communicate with you all. Talking a foreign language forces me to pay attention to the words in order not to say things people could miscomprehend. I feel like Balaam's donkey (Numberds 22:21-39) whose ability to talk was only given by God. True.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »

I have spent a lot of time - a lot of useless time - supposing how things could have been different in my life or the lives of my children .  I’ll  day dream and get caught up in a fantasy land of the turn I took or didn’t take, the decisions I made I wish I could take back, the words I wish I could take back. It’s taken a long time for me to stop myself and say ,” Stop trying to second guess God! Stop arguing with Him over the darkness and head into the light ! Ask forgiveness when needed and go on !     This for me is God’s judgements now in this life .

Octoberose -

Your comment made me think of the deciples  who denied  and even abandoned Jesus in his hour of need.  I cannot fathom the regrets they must have suffered as a result. 

An important point, none of these men could have done anything different in this situation, because it was God's will they deny the son so  prophecy would be fullfield.   Each one of us are taking the exact path God has willed in our lives, therefore, it is as Octoberose said, a waste of time spent on regret, when we can simply ask for forgiveness and move on, closer to the light,  where our hope and promise resides.

In Matt 18:21-22  Peter asked "Lord, how many times is my brother to sin against me and I am to forgive him? Up to 7 times?  Peter probably thought he was being generous, because the religious leaders were teaching forgiveness only 3 times. Jesus told Peter,  .  Not only 7 times, but 77 times. Love does not keep track of, or arbitrarily set a limit to how many times we can be forgiven. We are forgiven as many times is necessary to overcome.

If Peter didn't understand the point Jesus was making at the time, I'm sure he did after his own experience with being forgiven, just as we can understand when we ourselves are forgiven for any number of transgressions. God's love upon us will move us to repentence .

As scripture tells us,  keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8  Earnestly means with sincere and intense conviction,  so it's not some kind of wishy washy love, that we often see displayed in the world , but the kind  that's real and has deep meaning and purpose. The kind of love that overcomes, and the more we overcome the more the light grows within us,  until it illuminates our path. A path  that leads us  ever closer to the God of love who is the true light of the world.  We were lost but now we are found. May we all continue to shine brighter and brighter with the light of his love within us. Amen!

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »

When my son was about seven years old, he and his buddy got into a strangers tractor
to go for a ride. He knew he was not allowed to do such things ( talking to strangers)but to little boys it was too tempting to say no. He felt guilt afterward and told me about it and I kinda
let him off the hook for at least telling me but assured him he would get a trimmin, (that’s
Newfoundland for spanking ) later on . Three days later ,,Matthew stuck his head in around the
the door of the kitchen and said “ mom, i’m ready for my trimmin”. I was hoping he had
forgotten about it but I had to go through with it. Sigh 😔. Anyway , with tears in my eyes , I
put him over my knee and smacked him three times on the bum. He jumped up and said “ ok
mom, I won’t do that again”, and he didn’t.Then he ran out to play, as happy as a Lark. I now know when I need a trimmin .
Ok Lord, I won’t do that again and afterward I go outside and play in my garden.

In Christ, Pamela

I love all of you very much.💕

Wanda

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »

By the way, I was thinking about this: you, all the contributors on this forum, you are a real testimony of God's Grace in those dark times. because I am a baby, I know the true God for only four years. But I can see lots of you knowing Him since a real long time, and still you show the deepest love for Our Father in Christ, rock steady you are! How encouraging this steadiness, how reassuring.
Wanda, I go back to your first question for this thread: How do we know a judgement is from God?
May I dare to give you my proper thought about it ?
I would say: when, in the middle of the storm, you have a strong feeling of being safe despite the danger. You can utterly suffer, but this insurance that everything will come to an end, everything will be fine remains, almost naturally (almost, for it's a grace of God).
Jesus sleeps calmly in the middle of the storm. And somehow, you all do the same, I can see it. You are the letter, the testimony that helps me keeping my eyes opened. You are the light that prevents me from falling on obstacles. I read testimonies of the deepest of sufferings, pains, fears. But still, the love for Jesus is never denied and confidence in His love remains. You all are this one prophecy, the kingdom of God, and it elevates me.
How do we know a judgement is from God? Maybe because we can learn from it? Learn righteousness, not vengeance. Learn to love, not to mock. And boy I learn a lot with you all BT family members!
How do we know a judgement is from God? When suddenly in the middle of the blackest night we are able to see the sun raising, shining  warming, and be thankful to God about it, about the warmth and the light but also admitting that without the blackest night(without the judgement..) AND by the grace of Our Father we wouldn't have realize/learn anything. God is indeed gloryfied here.

Very well said Michele ☺
I have personally experienced that sense of calm in the middle of one of lifes storms. I love all of your proper thoughts dear sister ❤
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »

When my son was about seven years old, he and his buddy got into a strangers tractor
to go for a ride. He knew he was not allowed to do such things ( talking to strangers)but to little boys it was too tempting to say no. He felt guilt afterward and told me about it and I kinda
let him off the hook for at least telling me but assured him he would get a trimmin, (that’s
Newfoundland for spanking ) later on . Three days later ,,Matthew stuck his head in around the
the door of the kitchen and said “ mom, i’m ready for my trimmin”. I was hoping he had
forgotten about it but I had to go through with it. Sigh 😔. Anyway , with tears in my eyes , I
put him over my knee and smacked him three times on the bum. He jumped up and said “ ok
mom, I won’t do that again”, and he didn’t.Then he ran out to play, as happy as a Lark. I now know when I need a trimmin .
Ok Lord, I won’t do that again and afterward I go outside and play in my garden.

In Christ, Pamela

I love all of you very much.💕

Awww that's such a sweet story and I can understand your tearing up having to follow through with giving your little guy his trimmin. 

Love you sis 💕

Stephan

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »

I often think about those very things. After over 40 years inside the Whore of Babylon, and coming out only within the last five years, I can now "see" the beast within me. It has been frightening yet liberating. The elect have the awesome privilege to allow the Father to purge the dross off those precious metals, AND burn that wood, hay, and stubble. It's painful but necessary.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »

Hello Stephan
Glad to hear you came out of Babylon. You said” the Elect have the awesome privilege to
ALLOW the Father to purge them.”
To me
This word ALLOW  denies God’s Sovereignty. God is the Potter, we are the clay.

Phil. 2:13
For it is God which works in you , both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

John 15:16
You have not chosen me but I have chosen you.

I think we should get away from using that word allow.
Anyone else have a thought about this?

In Christ
Pamela.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2019, 10:34:55 AM »

Only God Our father ALLOWS things as you reminded it so rightfully Pamela (Philippians 2 :13) .
I agree with you Stephan, it’s painfull but less painfull when you know « that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose » (Romans 8 :28).
God’s thoughts are not our thoughts and I think that’s the most Paramount part of the judgement : accept that what we desire, even unconsciously,  doesn’t correspond to what God desires. Never.
Why is it fisrt the elects that are being judged rather than everyone altogether ? Because God’s House has been taught the Truth first, by the great power of His Spirit, throught Jesus Christ, so that it can be a testimony  for the world to see, people around us, family, neighbours, people we cross in the street, we come throught shamefull moments, hard times which people around us can assist to, whistling, feeling ashamed for us, or sad maybe. But they ALSO see us HAPPY, CONFIDENT. It’s only at these moments that the Glory of God is revealed. That’s why, don’t be ashamed or sad of being judged, which is being a human that’s becoming a child of God in all His holiness, it’s hard but let it be known throught joy and faith for the future of your neighbour, your daughter and son, your colleague... for it will help them to change and access to repentance in a more easier way later.
Our minister : being a real shame in the eyes of the world for later they will remember we trusted in Our God to save us from these tricky circumstances and it will help them to change completely and accept their heart to be replaced by God LATER.
We don’t want people to suffer, to be ill, to die, for God doesn’t want it FIRSTLY. We want them to live in Christ the way we are living now.
Being changed, the process of having a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 11 :19-20), is the only way for us to serve God’s marvellous plan : people sees, and feels, and remembers. Let’s not hide our suffering. BUT what would really weigh in the balance is JOY. What is important for our testimony is to rejoice in our sufferings, and not fearing anything, and thank only GOD for EVERYTHING, that is FAITH.
That’s the only way for people to learn : JOY in our sufferings. Pain is not enough. Rejoicing, which is faith, while suffering is the key. But we don’t have to pretend, we only have to count on God’s word, meditating on it, remember it at all times, knowing now the Truth of HIS WORD. Matthew 6 : 16 : « When you fast, do not look somber ».
God sends us to people according to His perfect plan, we meet them because God wills us to meet them, so later they will remember. That’s why it’s so important to be attached to Christ, so we can act and talk exactly the way God
wants us to,
like Jesus who tells us in John 12 :49 « For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded to say all that I have Spoken ».
Anyway, accept yourself, even with flaws of your own, we all have flaws, we all are ashamed of so many things about us when we face God’s Holiness.
But God has already forgiven us throught Jesus' sacrifice on the cross IF we follow His most important commandment which is LOVE.
Accept yourselves. Accept it when you try to be better in the eyes of our Father but you can't succeed, try later, try hard.
God is WORKING on us, and throught us He is working on people around us. We are His INSTRUMENT for His Glory. We are the horns, we are the lyres, God plays His own marvellous symphony throught us.
We already know His Glory, let the world hear and learn about it, according to the schedule and circumstances God has decided throught our lives in Christ.
We don’t run the ship, God does, throught Christ in us. God be GLORIFIED, in absolutly every circumstances.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:48:32 PM by Prune Soleiado »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2019, 11:52:23 AM »

Pamela:

Ray never liked that word "allow", and neither do I. God is the great cause of everything, either directly OR indirectly.

Dean

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2019, 12:32:05 PM »

How well (and circumcised) said Dean! I'm a journalist and never been able to summarize things, not brilliant enough, (or maybe just an "emotionalizish" woman ;))
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.