bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Did Jesus think His Father had left Him?  (Read 53025 times)

Nelson Boils

Re: Why Did Jesus think His Father had left Him?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »

Thanks for the responses.

Yesterday I was angry at Him,very angry,then today He inspired me to pray to for forgiveness regarding my attitude towards Him.
I am currently going through a tough time,and I constantly have to wrestle the thought of feeling like He abandonS me.I get happy,then frustrated as to why,then I thank Him for taking me throug such a testing time as it will produce spiritual strength,then I get frustrated...and happy then frustrated..and and and...a constant wrestle.

What is frustrating (or scary)at times about Him,is that He is so unpredictable (His ways).You move one mountain,as you still celebrating the victory..then BOOM!! Another bigger mountain to test one's faith arrives.

29  “Come,” said Jesus. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus.

30  But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31  Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and took hold of Peter. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”

I try not to pay attention to the wind, circumstances, as it gets me frustrated.

Heidi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 07:42:56 PM »

Wanda, you said: "but we should not  confuse this to mean the Father got pleasure from his sons immerse suffering. And we should also not forget, Jesus willingly  laid down his life to save All, for who we are yet to be."

I totally agree and thank you for pointing that out so that no misunderstanding happens.  It was necessary and Jesus did do it willingly.   He knew when he said, "it is done" what was to happen. 

Wow, even that makes me love Him more!  What an awesome Saviour.  Imagine if we were to know the hour and date and time? 

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

You move one mountain,as you still celebrating the victory..then BOOM!! Another bigger mountain to test one's faith arrives.

I agree with the above statement.  The art for me now is seeing and experiencing the times of blessings and peace.

He does restore your resolve to not give up and to get back up for the next round.  This is how we learn to grow and overcome.

May it never stop.  That is my biggest fear, that He stops disciplining me by teaching.  May his grace continue in all our lives.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »

What is frustrating (or scary)at times about Him,is that He is so unpredictable (His ways).You move one mountain,as you still celebrating the victory..then BOOM!! Another bigger mountain to test one's faith arrives.

I'm sure everyone reading these words can identify with you. If we have learned anything from Gods truth, it's that we will all walk through fire in this physical life.

Every situation is different, but there is one thing that helps me get through times like this, is to mentally make note of every single blessing I've been given. Even the little ones I might tend to cast aside.

Do I have shelter, food, my health a means to pay for my needs, not my wants. I started thanking God every day for what he has provided for me this day. I think of my brothers in Christ, from biblical times, and how many of them suffered in ways we cannot imagine, to do God's will. Let's really concider how our Christ Jesus suffered his intire short life, with an end being so horrific,  A suffering almost to hard to speak of it hurts so much.  Considering things outside of ourselves, that can bring some real perspective to our lives is always in my opinion helpful. 

Our victory is that God chose us for a very important work in his kingdom, how amazing is that? He's training spiritual  warriors for the great work ahead.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:35:22 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 09:20:38 PM »

Rolihlahla,
We must be Walking in the same part of the desert at this moment, because firstlly some days before you posted this thread I was asking the same question to God « Why did Jesus told this ???? » and then here it is, you asked the same question that was twisting my brain ! Truely, we all are part of the same body : Christ’s body !
Secondly, tonight ( because it’s actrually 1 a.m here in France) I couldn’t sleep, and felt like reading the book of Revelation.
So I take the Bible and open it anywhere on Revelation. I fall on Chapter 12.
The spouse, described as clothed with the sun, the moon Under her feet, a crown of Twelve stars on her head. I said to myself : what a glory, isn’t it ?
Then boom : her great pain giving Birth, and furthermore : the dragon waiting to devour the child she’s about to deliver.
But : what a child ! Who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter, and above all, this son finds itself to be with God : what a Glory, isn’t it ?
And then boom ! the woman lands into the wilderness. But : God didn’t abandon her : He prepared a place there for her, and she is taken care of. Special divine place :
What a Glory, isn’t it ?
Well… « War broke out in Heaven »……. But the dragon looses the war against Michael and his angels and « Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah ». Heaven :1, Dragon :0. What a Glory, isn’t it ?
Boom n°4  I’m afraid : The dragon pursues the male child’s mother. But can’t catch her. She was given the two wings of a great eagle and she fled where the serpent could not reach her. What a Glory, isn’t it ?
Yes, another boom : « Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. »
Not this time, serpent : The earth intervenes in the battle and helps the woman by swallowing all the waters the dragon had spewed out of his mouth !
Isn’t it Glorious ?
Last boom, right before the end of chapter 12. Enraged dragon decides to make war against the rest of the woman’s offspring « those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus », with the deceiving  beasts. But there comes the Lamb with the 144,000 singing a new song, and « no lie was found in their mouths ; they are blameless ». GLORIOUS !
Ray taught us that the book of Revelation is a constant reminder of the tribulations God’s elects shall come through. And the way I see it is like you said : Victory, then boom another bigger mountain arrives. It comes quickly. Like a thief, really. What we have to do ? Be prepared. Remember that God warns us in His Word. Watch while the others are asleep. It is part of the process, we learn to stay awake, more and more, taking Lesson from the last test we went through, and growing even stronger each time by the grace of Our Almighty God. Well, what a Glory, isn’t it ?....... 😉

Wanda

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »

WOW Michele!

My heart is soaring. God is so very good.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 10:21:43 PM »

;)) When I finished writing, I told God: what words do you put into my mouth, Father! And I laughed!
God be glorified!

Wanda

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »

;)) When I finished writing, I told God: what words do you put into my mouth, Father! And I laughed!
God be glorified!

The spirit and love of our Lord is blessing us richly of late. It's enough to make a person want to sing praises to his glory.  I know that feeling Michele, when the words flow like water, with the speed of lightening.⚡ It always makes me laugh.  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »

Here's another thought to throw into the mix.

Even after His resurrection, the disciples seemed sure that NOW, He would set up His Kingdom on Earth and reestablish the physical throne of David.  But that is not the Kingdom He established/is establishing.  The crowds that had shouted Hosanna had turned in large measure to "Crucify Him" and "Give us Barabbas" when it seemed their hopes for worldly "salvation" were dashed.  "My God, My God!  Why hast Thou forsaken me?" indeed, in their minds and hearts.  David the Psalmist (apparently?) felt that God had forsaken him.  But he continues the Psalm with prophetic faith.  It's even possible that David himself, given the content of the rest of the Psalm was "quoting" the faithlessness of his contemporaries and "readers/hearers".

But who was listening when Jesus reminded them of the promise of Messiah by quoting David?  Certainly not those who were listening then.  Jesus continued in faith as well, until He gave up His Spirit and Committed it to the Father.  Who believes His faith?

Sometimes people think they have it easier understanding the prophecies of Messiah 2000 years later after the facts and fulfillment in His life and sacrifice...and, of course, after having it explained to us so well by theologians and preachers.  I don't think that's true.  Hosanna remains only skin deep.  Crucify Him and Give us Barabbas goes to the bone.         
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:38:12 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »

Dave.You killed it!!!

"And some of those who were near by, hearing it, said, This man is crying to Elijah."

They even heard Him,but didn't know that He was quoting a psalm to them.

Wanda

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2019, 03:50:19 PM »

Thank you Dave. For me, this is a profound message of faith Jesus has given us.

We are Barabbas.  He represents all of mankind. We have truly become "the sons of the Father because of what Jesus did on our behalf. We have been released from the penalty of eternal death, just as Barabbas was freed from his certain death.at the hands of the Romans. 

Wanda

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »

It was necessary and Jesus did do it willingly.   He knew when he said, "it is done" what was to happen. 

Wow, even that makes me love Him more!  What an awesome Saviour.  Imagine if we were to know the hour and date and time? 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.