bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take my yoke  (Read 15847 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Take my yoke
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 01:14:40 AM »

A gentle breeze...I liked that Pamela.

Jesus' yoke is breezy because we don't do the work, but rather benefit from the comfort of a loving arm on our shoulder encouraging us every step along the way to salvation.

Indiana Bob

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »

In the original Greek, the word for "yoke" is zygos(from the root of zeugnumi, meaning to join, especially by a "yoke").  It is found in 6 places in the New Testament(Matthew 11:29,30: Acts 15:10; Galatians 5:1; 1 Timothy 6:1; Revelation 6:5).  Interestingly, the word zygote-used in the terminology of reproductive science-derives from this Greek word.  It is defined as "a diploid cell resulting from the FUSION OF TWO haploid gametes; A FERTILIZED OVUM."

Now, think about that for a moment: a "fertilized ovum" = a "fertilized egg" = the beginning of the life of a new individual person.  In other words, "two (individual) haploid gametes" are joined so intimately that they become one.  Thus, we find in this word "yoke" a direct link to the essence of marriage as defined by Jesus Christ himself: "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife and they twain shall be one flesh.  Wherefore they are NO MORE TWAIN, BUT ONE FLESH.  What therefore GOD HATH JOINED TOGETHER let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:5-6)

In the late 4th century, Jerome translated the entire Bible(Hebrew OT = Greek NT) into Latin- commonly referred to as the Vulgate(meaning "commonly used") edition.  It is interesting to note that Jerome used the word jugum to translate the Greek word zygos.  The word jugum is not only the Latin equivalent of "a yoke" (used with cattle) but it carries also the spiritual connection with marriage.  Our English word "conjugal" (as in "conjugal(ie-sexual, spousal) relations") derives from the Latin prefix "con-" (= "together") + Latin jugum(="yoke")

So, when Jesus says "take my yoke upon you,"  He is actually inviting us into a relationship of total intimacy with Him-a marriage, if you will-in which He and His Bride are united as one (body & spirit!) for the express purpose of bearing fruit for the glory of God, "Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the Body of Christ, that you should be MARRIED TO ANOTHER, even to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should BRING FORTH FRUIT UNTO GOD" (Romans 7:4)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »

Yes, I remember Ray speaking about the sexual intimacy between husband and wife
being and I quote Ray “ inside each other” . Can’t remember which audio though.
But
It’s also the highly spiritual connection. Jesus wants a pure bride, spotless.

Thank you friendofJC awesome .

In Christ
Pamela

PS. Is this like a prearranged marriage.? Just curious.😁

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »

Isa.61;10-11
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God for He has clothed me
with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks Himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress and as a bride
adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the earth brings forth its SPROUTS , and as a garden causes what is sown in it
to SPROUT up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to SPROUT  up
 before all the nations.

The earth brings forth, the garden causes. ( Gen.1:11-12)

I checked out embryogenesis and it led me to blastomeres ( blastos) which is Greek for
SPROUT.
When 8 blastomeres have formed they begin to develop in an integrated way and coordinate
their response  to physiological signals and environmental cues. 🤔

Also led to cells and their surrounding matrix.
It’s so fascinating how you can take a word and it leads to never ending information.

I usually use Merriam Webster dictionary but sometimes I just google and it takes me all over the place. Anyway . I heard Ray say in one of his studies that there are heavenly counterparts to
everything on earth. I’m not sure but does this mean of the physical and the spiritual.

This reminds me of when as young girls we used to have crushes on boys and taunt each other
with this saying
“ First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes mommy with the baby carriage.😁

I read Rays e- mails to the forum yesterday. Even though he sleeps , he has left words and
advise to encourage and lift us up. He suffered so much but he described his pain as terrific
which I thought was odd or a mistake but I know there is a holiness to pain when you are yoked
together in it. He spoke of himself and his wife in pain together, not able to do much but sat
together and laughed together. They were there for each other in love.

God is Love
In Christ Pamela💕

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.