bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A thought draped in linen  (Read 9353 times)

Prune Soleiado

A thought draped in linen
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:45:05 PM »

In order to make a fine linen, you have to let the linen flax macerate on the soil after you have cut it, so it’s subjected to the weather. Thus linen fibers will be easier to be extracted and isolated.Then fibers are crushed and scraped in order to separate them from the straw and from each other. Afterwards you « comb » them, to finally obtain soft and unraveled fibers.
Next, you gather them to form a long « ribbon » which will be stretched and twisted to reinforce its solidity.
After that, the ribbon becomes a Wick that you shall weave so you can produce linen clothes. And to make the finest linen, use hot water so the spinning will be more flexible and soft. Then follows the fibers twisting (again) to obtain thin and homogenous threads.Linen is very resistant, insulating in winter, breathable in summer.

Linen in the Bible has a Paramount role. Whether in the Old or The New testaments, it represents in the same time death, life, purity, holiness. Only the High Priest and his sons In the O.T. could wear linen only, no purple. For purple, when you take a close look at it, is a sort of  humanity’s representation, with its flaws of course, like perversity, the thirst for wealth. Check the prostitute or the crying  merchants in Revelation, even Lazarus.
When linen is mixed with purple, it announces no good, imho. After all, purple was originally made out of shellfish. Animal.

Linen is used by Jesus when He washes Peter’s feet. His body is covered in linen sheet after He’s been crucified. The man Ezekiel saw in his visions is clothed with linen, even the tabernacle is edified with linen curtains and clothes. And what about fine linen bright and clean given to the Lamb’s bride in Revelation 19:8. It is the finest and expensive linen you would find.
Because, in the Bible, there are « different »  linen.
The one used by Our Lord and Savior when washing His Disciples feet is the one that was at that time used by workers and especially servants people. The one used by Lazarus and the merchants comes from Egypt (Bussos, in ancient greek). And the linen wore by this Young man, in Mark 14, that ends up running away naked, is the linen people used to wear when going to sleep, but it’s also the same linen used in Matthew 27:59 : Jesus burial cloth. After all, death is only a sleep.

I forgot Matthew 12:20 (or Isaiah 42:3 if you prefer): the smoldering Wick. Candle wicks can be made of linen. The wick’s role is to fuel a flame and support combustion. Linen as a plant (Exodus 9:31), or a technical material, or a cloth.
A wedding cloth. Isn’t the king of Matthew 22 refering to linen when he sends the speechless man out into the darkness ?
Not wearing linen ! I Wonder.
Linen seems to follow our steps on this path that is Jesus Christ.
First, linen mixed with other fabrics when we walk in the darkness. Then the fabric we are given to purify our hearts. The sheet we are covered with when dying to this world. And after that, the finest and brightest cloth we dress at the King’s banquet.
Aren’t we tracing between our old heart and our new spirit a linen line ?

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: A thought draped in linen
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »

Interesting concept Michele, and not something I ever thought of until now.

Every detail here, to me any way, signifies some heavenly Divine thing in God's word Where it is said of fine linen that it is the righteousness of the saints:--

The time of the wedding of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. Then to her was granted that she should be clothed in fine linen, clean and bright; for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints Rev. 19:7, 8

The reason this fine linen is representative of the righteousness of the saints is because all who are in truth from the Divine put on the Lord's righteousness; for their garments are white and shining from the light that is from the Lord, and therefore truth itself is represented in heaven by what is shining white.  It is for this reason also that they who are taken up into heaven out of a state of renewal appear clad in shining white, because they then put off that which is of their own limited righteousness, and put on that which is of the Lord's righteousness,  which is pure, holy and perfect in the eyes of God.  From the process of preparing the flax to producing the linen is deeply spiritual in relation to our process in becoming in his perfect image.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:28:37 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:12:16 AM »

Yes, the preparation of linen flax reflects very well tribulations. Anyway, all is of God, so I am not surprised to note it is related to the spiritual. Life in Christ opens so much horizons. This new way of seeing the world around me amazes me every day.
God Our Father is marvelous, and absolutly everything bears witness to His Glory!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 12:46:02 PM »

Rev.6:11::: then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer,
until the number of their fellow servents and their brothers should be complete,
who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

There is another fabric woven into our lives.

Rev.6:12
When He opened the sixth seal ,I looked and behold, there was a great earthquake
and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood.

Sackcloth... Webster Dictionary

Noun,,,,a very coarse rough fabric woven from flax or hemp, hopsack,burlap, gunny.

Sackcloth and ashes....penitent,contrite, regretful,remorseful,ashamed, guilt ridden,chastised.

Isaiah 15:3
In the streets they wear sackcloth; on the housetops and in the squares,everyone wails and melts in tears.

Isaiah 50:3
I clothe the heavens with blackness and make sackcloth their covering.

Rev. 3:4
Yet , you have still a few names in Sardis,people who have not soiled their garments,
and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.

Rev.3:5...The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments and I will never
blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess His name before my Father and before His angels.

I am going to ask Jesus to help me go through my closet and get rid of that itchy, irritating
sackcloth. 😁
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »

Excellent! Thank you for this enlightment.
I will too ask Jesus to make some arrangement and sorting in my closet, the simplier the better ;)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »

Thank you Pamela, I love this!❤

I went through my closets a few years ago, and all that remains is soft natural fibers, that bring comfort.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:22 PM »

Pamela, reading your reply the word until stood out for me and I couldn't help but hear Ray saying, :"look at all the words"

Rev.6:11::: then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer,
until the number of their fellow servents and their brothers should be complete,
who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

We will all be clothed in a white robe, some have to rest a little longer UNTIL all our brothers and sisters have been graced with the truth. 

He who is, was and will be in every generation......come Lord Jesus, come.  Bring my other brothers and sisters out of Babylon, so that our number can be complete

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.