bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This is a nightmare  (Read 20840 times)

Nelson Boils

This is a nightmare
« on: August 18, 2019, 03:39:02 PM »

This is my worst nightmare.. absolutely worst.
This Lord has put me on the brink of being homeless.

Reached a dead end at my job,asked that His will be done,had no other choice but to try be self employed,left my job as per His will.It has been downhill since,that's why I have to constantly wrestle thoughts of being angry at Him.

I am so gutted.
Don't like this at all.

Prune Soleiado

Re: This is a nightmare
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 04:46:16 PM »

So sorry to hear that.
Remember (even if I must admit it’s hard to see it that way) you are being blessed by Our Father. If it wasn’t the case, then the world would open its arms widely for you. Being rejected by the world and its system is bulletproof God is taking care of you. You know His thoughts are not our thoughts. As weird as it might appear, God is leading you to a precise direction which goal will be cleared up by patience. Courage, please, take courage, I am suffering with you, for we are ONE IN CHRIST, I am suffering with you, and fighting with you, and overcoming with you.
You are being taught in Christ a lesson we, your brothers and sisters, will need to be taught by you. A spiritual gift from God.
Our Heavenly Father loves you and and so do I and I know exactly what you are going through: God’s Love is a burning fire. Keep His faith, keep Christ’s faith. We’ll keep it together. It will be okay, we have God, then absolutly nothing can destroy us.
1 Corinthians 12
« 4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good »

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »

I'm  empathetic to your sisuation, as I've personally experienced the same thing, but I have also experienced far worse. And yet, God always revealed it's purpose in my life and  was also there to help me through it. Nothing he does is ever without good purpose in our lives.
Once you come through this you'll see the why of it. In the mean time draw close to the Lord and rely and trust that he's not doing this to hurt you, but to prosper you.

I pray God's good will be done, and I hope you update us on the good outcome.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »

I hope you are feeling better Rolihlahia.

Luke 18:78

And shall not God avenge His own Elect which cry day and night unto Him
though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.
Nevertheless, when the son of man comes , shall He find faith on the earth?

It is good to be Blessed.
Cling to Jesus.❤️ He will see you through.

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 03:41:21 AM »

Luke 11:10-13  "for every one who is asking doth receive; and he who is  seeking doth find; and to him who is knocking it shall be  opened.  Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?"
If, then, ye, being evil, have known good gifts to be  giving to your children, how much more shall the Father who is  from heaven give the Holy Spirit to those asking Him!'

God will provide for you and look after all your needs.  I will pray for you to be able to stand and see how He provides for you.

Heidi

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Diana D

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 07:29:01 PM »

At this moment I am going through an extremely painful time. I feel the same, I am so gutted.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 12:30:39 AM »

Much love Diana.
It’s only a matter of time and we will be united as one big family.
Our God has Great Mercy, God Bless You.❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 02:40:45 AM »

Gal 6:2 "Carry one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

Carry
βαστάζετε (bastazete)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 941: Perhaps remotely derived from the base of basis; to lift, literally or figuratively.

Our Lord Himself was said to "bear" the physical infirmities of those whom He healed. (Matthew 8:17 : "He bare our sicknesses.")

And we ought -- we who are strong -- to bear the  infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves;
Romans:15:1

Heidi

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 12:03:22 PM »

Hello Diana and Rolihlahla,
I didn’t know the word you used « gutted » (I’m french), so I looked at its translation: empty.
It automatically directed my mind to the chapter 1 of Genesis:
« 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and EMPTY, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be LIGHT,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness ».
I’m going through the same kind of problem: I’m not sure if I will be able to keep the little house I’ve been renting for a year now, for I quitted my job three months ago and I don’t have the same financial resources the job allowed me then. But as I don’t have a job right now I couldn’t even think about finding another housing since real estate agencies ask for guarantees I can’t henceforth give, and I am alone, can’t count on nobody, even my terrestrial family.
Then I look at Genesis Chap1, and see the work God accomplishes on the earth He creates in Christ.
Emptiness is only a beginning, Darkness becomes Light with the all-power of Our Father.
I keep this in my heart. God promises so much good things to come. Hope guides us towards Light, Jesus is our shepherd, He is this assurance everything will be okay, even better than the state we were in before emptiness. We will be transformed by all this, and produce fruits, produce more love than ever. We are learning in order to be good judges later for the world. Tough lesson for pure righteousness. I thank you Father for your Justice and Holiness.

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »

Homelessness is a complex issue.  Luke 9:58  "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."  Our Lord will not put us through anything he isn't willing to go through himself. 

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 06:54:48 AM »

You’re right, homelessness is the status for whoever follows Christ since we are not citizens of this world but of Heaven. Abraham never owns a house, he only becomes the owner of a tomb in Hebron. And Israelites wander in the desert for 40 years. The only house we are promised to have is the one Jesus is preparing for us, but even then it is God’s house. We are only passengers in this world, rejoicing in this higher hope we’ll get a greater treasure than the ones on earth condemned to rust and decay.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 05:59:40 PM »

Great message Prune,
Thanks for sharing.

What about the message in this bible passage, how are we to understand it?

Bob

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 27“Look,” Peter replied, “we have left everything to follow You. What then will there be for us?” 28Jesus said to them,
“Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 05:57:23 AM »

Hello Bob,
The twelve tribes names (jacob/Israel sons) correspond IMHO to the traits we gain approaching Jesus and learning to know the true God, Our Father. I wrote a thread about it:
https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,17152.msg155979.html#msg155979

Matthew 19:28 makes me think about Revelation 3:21:
« Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. »

In Matthew v28 as in Revelation v21, there are aorist tense verbs. Ray taught us it reveals a process in progress, something that keeps on happening, for a time, for an age.

We are being victorious by judging our own flaws, being able to recognize them clearly (Paul in Romans says that sin must appears as « excessively » sin).
How do I worship my Father? In a way that pleases Him? How do I see His Holiness? What about mine? I would say that the twelve tribes of Israel are within us, the heart of our hearts, we are being our own judges, the grace of God guides us through Christ, opening our eyes, our mouths, our minds a little more each time.
In 1 Corinthians 6:2-3, Paul says:
« Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life »
We are to become later judges of this world, according to the will of God, but first we must learn to get rid of all of the flaws that are inside of us thus in our lives: Matthew 7:3 « Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? »
Tests give us more and more discernment so that we can please God and serve Him better. We should ask ourselves, in every step of our spiritual way, the question Paul asks in galatians 1:10:
« Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ » IMHO

indianabob

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »

Thanks for the interesting reply.
Lots to think about.
Regards, Bob

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »

Bob,
Ray Smith brought us so much good things for he was truly blessed by God.
I thank God for Ray’s wisdom. It changed my all life and perception of the world we live in.
What an honor to have been granted to find Bible Truths site.
All that I could see in Scriptures, I owe it to Ray’s teachings God put in his heart.
I always pray that what I should see in The Scriptures comes from God, not from my human heart, because it’s God I want to glorify, not myself.
Now I’m sure you’ll bring us some more bread to feed us in Christ. Can’t wait! 😁

Nelson Boils

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 08:53:32 AM »

I’ll speak out from my soul,which is wearied.
Is this a contest of strength? He is obviously stronger! Is this a matter of justice? Who can sue Him?
Then who can argue with Him when He doesn't give you the desires of your heart?

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:19 AM »

Hello Rolihlahla

Ray gave a marvelous answer to your question in this short video:
https://youtu.be/7UYCSC_5xnQ

May God’s Grace be with you in Christ

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 02:55:53 PM »

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »

Thanks Dennis
I regularly watch these videos « Are you afraid of God », I particularly like the comparison between the kittens and the immensity of space!

Nelson Boils

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 05:14:06 AM »

Hi,

Thanks to you all for the encouragement.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.