bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deut 33:1-3 ten thousand of His Saints  (Read 5391 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Deut 33:1-3 ten thousand of His Saints
« on: September 16, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »

KJV
And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 
Deu 33:2  And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; He shined forth from mount Paran, and He came with ten thousands of saints: from His right hand went a fiery law for them. 
Deu 33:3  Yea, He loved(NKJV says loves) the people; all His saints are in Thy hand: and they sat down at Thy feet; everyone shall receive of Thy words. 

When Moses delivers his final blessings, it starts off with these verses; are these verses in the past tense? in that the ten thousands of His saints were with Jesus as the cloud hovered over Israel and led them in the wilderness? or were these saints with Him when the commandments were written on the tablet?  Verse 3 sounds like the past tense, i.e. they sat (NKJV says sit) down at Thy feet; but then it seems to switch to present/future, i.e. everyone shall receive (NKJV says receives)?

Diane

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Deut 33:1-3 ten thousand of His Saints
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »

Hi Diane,

I've never found a scripture where angels are called saints, so I'm inclined to believe the KJV is a poor translation.

Some other translations.

Concordant translation of Deuteronomy 33

2 when he said:Yahweh came from Sinai, and He arose from Seir for them. He shone from Mount Paran, and He arrived with some from myriads of the holy ones. At His right are warriors who are His.

NIV translation

“The Lord came from Sinai
    and dawned over them from Seir;
    he shone forth from Mount Paran.
He came with[a] myriads of holy ones
    from the south, from his mountain slopes.

ESV translates Saints as holy ones as well.

Word: YCW

Pronounce: ko'-desh

Strong: H6944

Orig: from 6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstract, sanctity:--consecrated (thing), dedicated (thing), hallowed (thing), holiness, (X most) holy (X day, portion, thing), saint, sanctuary. H6942

Use: TWOT-1990a Noun Masculine

Angels are also called "holy ones" by the psalmist.

Let the heavens praise Your wonders, O LORD, Your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones . . . In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; He is more awesome than all who surround Him (Psalm 89:5,7).
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 04:04:55 PM »

Does this help?

Rev. 5:11-12
Then I looked and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice
of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands saying with a loud voice” worth is the Lamb who was slain ,to receive power and wealth,and wisdom and honour and blessing.

1Thes. 3:13
ESV
So that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father
, at the coming of our Lord, Jesus,with all His saints.

2Thes 1:10
and when He comes on that day , to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at
among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.

In Christ Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 11:26:39 AM »

Wanda & Pamela, thanks for your responses but I'm still not getting it.  Had God already appeared with a myraid of holy ones or saints etc. to Moses? and was Moses just confirming that God is real and what he saw to the Israelites before giving the blessings?

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »

Okay Diane, maybe this will help.
Keeping this simple, the way  I'm seeing it,
the appearance of those holy ones in such great numbers added to the grandeur and solemnity of Moses giving of the holy law to the people of Israel, This is indicative of the language used throughout scripture, to express the power and glory of God, past and future.  It's something the people were familiar with in relation to God and the scope of his mightiness both in heaven and on earth,

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 04:54:12 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »

Diane:

If you go to blueletterbible.org and research Deuteronomy 33:2, you will discover that the two uses of "came", and also the words "rose" and "shined" should be used in the present tense, and not the past tense. In other words, they should read as "comes', "rises" and "shines".

Remember.. all verses are mainly for the benefit of God's Elect.

Dean

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 09:45:21 PM »

Hi Diane
In keeping with Deans post .God’s timing is always perfect.
Last night I read the transcript from HOW HARD IS GETTING SAVED, from the Nashville
conference. Ray teaches how God opened up the scriptures to Peter.

Matt.25:40
In as much as you have done it to the least of these, my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.

ANYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!
That’s what He taught them etc,etc,,,',,,,,,,,,,, This is a wonderful teaching as they all are of course
and relates to Deans comment about the Elect.

I believe a match for Deut.33-3 is

The Blessing of the Chosen People Deut.7:7-9

7- It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the Lord set His love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but it is because the Lord loves you
and is keeping the oath that He swore to your Fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh, king of
Egypt.Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and
steadfast love with those who love Him and keeps His commandments, to a thousand generations.

Also
1Co.10:11
And all these things happened to them as examples, and it is written for our instruction
on whom the ends of the world has come.
And, Rom.4:23-24
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.