bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unpredictable He is  (Read 3570 times)

Nelson Boils

Unpredictable He is
« on: September 21, 2019, 04:09:51 PM »

We are all far from understanding Who and What God really is, but there are at least a few things we can know for SURE about Him, and whatever we know for sure, if it is true, it will always be true seeing that God does not change.

Now then, I have taught most of the last 40 years of my life in vain according to the perceived results of my teaching.  Here are a couple of Truths regarding God that ALL Christians agree are true and that they believe, but just about everything else in their life, philosophy, theology, etc.,contradicts totally these basic truths.

[1] God is SOVEREIGN

[2] God is LOVE

[3] God is ALL-KNOWING

[4] God has a MASTER PLAN

Now then, what are the implications of those truths?  We need to meditate and think about these because most do NOT base their lives and their beliefs upon these truths.

We all want to know exactly what it is that God wants of us, how we should live, where, with whom, doing what work, for what end or purpose, etc.  Few of us are ever content to realize that we are right at this very moment EXACTLY where we are suppose to be, doing exactly what God has had foreknowledge of us doing from before the foundation of the world. Your entire PAST consisted of exactly what was determined you would go through up until this moment.  But what about tomorrow?  We all want to know what will be in our lives TOMORROW?  Unfortunately, this is not for us to know:  "Whereas ye know NOT what shall be on the morrow"  (James 4:14).

Not even James the great Apostle knew what each day would bring in his life.  Did the other Apostles all know what God had planned for their lives?

(CLV) Verily, verily, I am saying to you, When you were younger you girded yourself and walked where you would; yet whenever you may be growing decrepit, you will stretch out your hands, and another shall be girding you and carrying you WHERE YOU WOULD NOT" (John 21:18).

God does not tell us  exactly what He has planned for our lives. Yes, Jeremiah declared that the time would come that His people would cry out to God with all their heart and God would hear them, but even then, it is up to God, not you, to know when He will put it into your heart to cry out to Him, and up to Him as to how He will rescue you and save you. I know that this is not the kind of thing that people want to hear, but it is the Scriptural truth.

You can go to the Churches of this world, and they will tell you that you need to dream your dreams and if they are good ones, God will honor your every wish and cause you to be totally successful in whatever job, career, or endeavor you set your heart on.  And some even foolishly believe that they have caused their own dreams to come true.

If God gives you the desire to please Him, then God will not deceive or forsake you, and you will be the success that God desires you to be. But.....BUT, there is no guarantee that He will ever tell you what that will be, specifically.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.