> General Discussions

Forgiveness

(1/4) > >>

Doug:
Just in the news about the women police officer going into what she thought was her apartment but instead went into a neighbors apartment and shot him thinking him to be an intruder.

At trial the victims brother asked to hug the police officer and gave her a bible and said he forgave her. Found it very inspiring. The women was very moved by this gentleman's act.

Doug

Dennis Vogel:
Yes, but she got 10 years in jail as I recall Doug.

octoberose:
Yes, she got ten years but that doesn't diminish her victims brother both forgiving her and declaring God as the reason he can forgive.  Sometimes the news isn't all terrible. 

Doug:
It was actually the judge who gave her the bible not the victims brother. Yes, the point is that the brother of the victim forgave and hugged her out of his faith. She was still responsible and showed remorse which I think factored into a light sentence of 10 years given the nature of the crime.

Dave in Tenn:
The Lord knows the heart. 

I heard a similar, but much deeper story on an NPR non-news program recently.  The father of a brutally murdered adult daughter publicly forgave her killer, then eventually began a correspondence and "friendship" with him that continues to this day.  It's heartening to see small glimpses of Gospel even in this wicked age. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version