bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVE POT  (Read 9100 times)

chuckusa

LOVE POT
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:53:19 PM »

Hello all,

I need help with something.

My daughters art teacher (and friend) has cancer. It seems as though the treatments aren't working and she is getting very discouraged, and seems to be giving up.

My daughter and I came up with an idea.....A LOVE POT!

We are going to make a small clay pot, and fill it with hundreds of small pieces of folded paper...each with words of love, encouragement, and many scripture verses.

We will tell her that when she feels alone, or low in spirit, to pull out one of the small notes of love in hopes that this may sustain her, and give her a reason to want to live. She is very depressed and feels like there is no point in even taking her treatments any longer.

She is a very sweet woman and we love her very much.

Here is how you can help.

Could everyone give a few of your favorite scriptures so we can include them in the pot? They do need to be fairly short as each note will only be a few inches square. Any words of encouragement, any poems, etc...would be great. Just something that is special to you and may help our friend feel loved.

This will be our first attempt at pottery, so I have no idea how it will come out!... :)  But we will do our best.

I will include a note telling her about this project and all of you who have helped in this.

Thank you brothers and sisters!!!

Love to all,
Chuck

ned

Re: LOVE POT
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 12:24:38 AM »

Chuck,
This is such a beautiful idea! You and your daughter are great!

Here are a few verses from me for you to pick and choose from:

Psa 38:15  For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Psa 4:3b The Lord listens when I pray to Him.

Tit 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.

Gal 5:5  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Rev 21:3b Now God's home is with men. He will live with them, and they will be his people.

Here are some personal words of encouragement:

God loves you.

Forever in our hearts.

Across the miles someone is thinking of you.

Peace and happiness will again be yours.

Good luck with the pottery.
Love,
Marie

MG

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:55:49 AM »

That is a wonderful gift Chuck. I will be praying for your friend.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen.

Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage

For he will hide me in his shelter
in the day of trouble

Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
is made perfect in weakness."

Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord.

In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure

But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him

Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:56:13 AM by MG »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »

1Th 2:20  For ye are our glory and our joy.

Mat 14:27  But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, Be of good cheer, I AM! Do not fear.

Rom 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jud 1:2  Mercy unto you and peace and love be multiplied.

2Jo 1:3  Grace, mercy, peace shall be with us, from God the Father, and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Eph 2:4  but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Luk 1:78  Because of the tender mercy of our God, Whereby the dayspring from on high shall visit us,

2Th 2:16  May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and in his grace gave us unfailing courage and a firm hope,

Jud 1:2  May mercy, peace, and love be yours in full measure.

orion77

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:57:55 AM »

Chuck, this is a good gift and idea.

(Isa 43:1)  But now so says Jehovah who formed you, O Jacob; and He who made you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I called you by your name; you are Mine.

(Psa 48:14)  For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even unto death.

(Isa 25:8)  He will swallow up death in victory! And the Lord Jehovah will wipe away tears from all faces. And He shall reprove the reproach of His people from all the earth; for Jehovah has spoken.

(Rom 8:38)  For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

(Rom 8:39)  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

My prayer is that God will uplift her spirit in this time of need.

God bless,

Gary

chuckusa

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »

Thanks everyone, wow! I have a lot of writing to do... :)

Thank you for helping!!!

Love,
Chuck

chuckusa

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 04:36:14 AM »

Thanks Bobby,

I just happened to think that my title to this thread is a little weird...I bet people were expecting something else. Maybe i should have said LOVE POTtery....hehe.

chuck

all4love

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 06:24:07 PM »

My favorite is of course my signature.

Jer 17:14  Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

chuckusa

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »

Thanks everyone. We are going to try to make this POTTERY... :)...this weekend.

Please add anything that you would like, I still need about a hundred  or so more...I've done all my favorites and thats why I am asking others for theirs. I know that like my family and I, so many of the members have been through trials and hardships and that certain verses may have sustained them through those times.

At my lowest points, I would often just read of the life of Jesus Christ, and how he dealt with the world, and I would try to act as he did.

My favorite was "Jesus wept"...because knowing he also felt great pain, allowed me to weep until I was exhausted...so that I could sleep, which was my only escape.

God bless, and thanks!
Chuck

keesha.b

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »

Psalm 23:4 (Got me through some rough times)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me; Your your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

God bless

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

My strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor. 12:9).

O Lord my God, I put my trust in You (Psalm 7:1).

Whether we live or die, we are the Lord's (Romans 14:8).

chuckusa

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:20 PM »

Thanks Keesha, and Sandyfla,

I'll add yours to the pot!

I am going to try AGAIN to make it this weekend. I ended up in the hospital myself, so we had to put it off. Its actually good because I had some time to read up on HOW to make pottery...I would assume that will help!!

Thanks to all,
Chuck

buddyjc

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:00:49 PM »

Psa 121:1  <A Song of degrees.> I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Psa 121:2  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Psa 121:3  He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

You may have started a new way to comfort those in the hospital.  What a ministry it could be.

Brian

chuckusa

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:09:37 PM »

Hi Brian,

I never really thought of that, but I suppose you are right. Many cancer patients lose hope. One reason is that some cancers progress slowly, and the treatments take lots of time. People forget about them...

We wanted to make something that would be a constant reminder to Joyce, that we still love her, and haven't forgotten her. I started a small ministry about 35 years ago called The Ninth Hour. I would buy small KJ scripture booklets and pass them out to friends, Sunday school classes, and small churches. We still do this today. I took 2000 printed in mandarin chinese to Taiwan last summer.

You know, the funny thing is...now, people seem so suspicious of us when we do this. They act like we are trying to pull some type of scam. I have always paid for all of this myself, even when I was  8 years old, I would mow lawns to pay for it. I never asked for one penny, or tried to sell them or anything like that.

I tried to start an internet prayer group a few years ago but was a huge flop. I was trying to encourage people to pray for OTHERS, rather than themselves...but I guess not too many people want to do that. Besides that, I couldn't raise $4,000 for a server... :-\  I took that to mean a "move on" from God.

I guess the world is getting colder. But thankfully, by the grace of God, I am getting WARMER... :) :) :)

I just say reach out ...any, and everyway you can. That is a good idea Brian, I wish I knew how to turn it in to a reality.

Love,
chuck

buddyjc

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »

Amen Chuck, Amen.

MG

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »

I hope your hospital visit was nothing serious Chuck.

Sending prayers your way too.

Hugs,
MG

chuckusa

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »

Hi MG,

It turned out to be nothing serious, or in other words, they couldn't figure it out... ??? I thought I had a stroke. I couldn't walk, or stay conscious, so I called paramedics in between falling all over the place. Scared the you know what out of me.

God lifted away his hand, and I fell apart. Thankfully, he put it back and I'm OK now...just a little wobbly when I get too tired, but getting better every day.
You know how people say they make vows and promises to God when something like this happens? Well, I DIT IT TOO!

It was when I was doing all that I realized..."chuck, if you have to make all these promises to GOD, then that means you KNOW about this stuff...so you should be doing it ANYWAY!".

It was a wake up call, I was becoming too prideful and thinking I was in control again, so he showed me how stupid I was.

Thank you for the prayers, I can always use that!

Much love and thanks,
Chuck

MG

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 03:02:05 AM »

I will continue to pray for you Chuck.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Did you start any new medication that could have caused that? I don't like the fact that they couldn't find a cause. I was really dizzy and faint not too long ago and it turned out to be faulty glasses that I was wearing. I took the glasses off and I was healed, lol.

Take good care of yourself and follow-up with the doctor if you don't feel better soon.

Hugs,
MG

chuckusa

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 03:31:26 AM »

HUGS back MG....Thanks,
Chuck

snorky

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

Well, if you are still doing the love pot, please add to it (if they aren't in there already)

Ps. 23:1 the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (that is my favorite of all time)

Heb. 13:6 the Lord is my helper, and I will nt fear what man shall do unto me

1Cor13:13 Abideth faith, hope, love, these three, nut the greatest of these is love

Love to you and to whom the pot is for

snorky
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 15 queries.