bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boing  (Read 3435 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
Boing
« on: December 25, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »

Hello family,
I heard Boing did a survey to see if people would be willing to fly on their new revised airplanes.

They said 40% said they would.    Would you? 😃

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
Re: Boing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »

A couple of things come to mind.

1) Considering Boing conducted the survey should I  trust the results? 
2) My mom used to say, "if everyone else is jumping off a cliff should you jump too"?🤔
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 06:22:39 PM »

Hello friends,

I understand that the questionable aircraft was doing just fine in Nations where the pilots knew how to override the
computer when the plane took a nose dive. Of course that limitation was not a good or proper, but both planes
that crashed were operated by companies having training problems and pilots that admittedly were lacking in training for the new aircraft.
It is somewhat like calling Uber for a taxi ride. You never know who your driver will be.
So my response is that I would fly within the United States and Canada.

Old Indiana Bob

Doug

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »

At one time use to do a lot of air travel and was totally relaxed, the safety record is excellent. Like Bob said had the pilots of the planes that crashed done what any competent pilot would do and disconnect autopilot and fly the plane all would have been fine. Boeing will be heavily inspected before these planes are allowed to fly. Actually in this country I too would have no hesitation getting even on the grounded planes.

Wanda

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »

Before the Lion Air crash, Boeing and regulators agreed that pilots didn’t need to be alerted to the new system, and training was minimal.  Here in the US pilots only got a 2 hour video tutorial on the Max, even though they requested flight simulator training because they didn't feel confident. They were met with opposition and  reprimanded.  As a result They  lost scheduled flights, and the pay that goes with it. In addition they were denied that neccessary training. Even now, few airlines have Max simulators ready for training.

I've discussed this with my son, who is a pilot and also an avionics safety manager, who worked for Lockheed for several years. He said until this situation is adequately resolved he wouldn't feel confident with anyone he loves flying in one of these jets, unless he personally knew the pilot had adequate simulator training.

When I think of rapidly free falling thousands of feet to my certain death,  because a pilot was denied adequate training, It concerns me. And when a pilot doesn't feel confident in his ability to keep me safe, that's even more concerning.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:47:51 PM »

Hi Wanda,

Thanks for the added information.
As always, it pays to ask for details.

Bob

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »

When I first saw this in the news about Boing wanting people to fly with them again, God put an image
in my mind of the Elect ,standing on the tarmac , dressed up in their vacation attire, straw hats, sunglasses, Hawaii shirts ,shorts and sundresses, white zinc across their noses and big smiles on their faces, surrounded by media but not really paying much attention to them. They were eagerly waiting
to get up in the air. It was a funny picture and we laughed and laughed.😂😂😂

To more serious business though, I was reading scripture this morning in the LOF pt.15

It is God( not man) which works in you BOTH TO WILL ( God causes us TO WILL) and TO DO
( God causes us to do) of His good pleasure to bring about His intentions. ( Phil 2:13)

And

Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow WE Will go into such a city, and continue there a year,
and buy and sell, and get gain; Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your
life? It is even a vapor which appears for a little time, and then vanishes away. For that ye ought
to say,” if the Lord will”, we shall live, and do this or that. ( James 4: 13-15)

Also ECC.31:3-8

And Ray teaches  in LOF pt. 15 about the two factors over which man has absolutely no control.
1– CIRCUMSTANCES and 2- God’s Will

I once flew in a helicopter with no doors over the Napthalli Coast and  also in an old bush plane
landing on the Great Slave Lake of the North West Territories with excitement and no fear even
before knowing God ,so I now know it was His will for me and not my glorious bravery that I ,as such a fearful person took pride in.

What a great lesson for me to learn.
If I get on a Boing , a train , a cruise ship or a dog sled in the Arctic, wether I live or die
on either,,,, It’s is always God’s Will. 

Who has resisted His will? EVERYONE
Who has resisted His purpose? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE

ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD

In Christ
Pamela 💕

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 02:49:06 PM »

If I get on a Boing , a train , a cruise ship or a dog sled in the Arctic, wether I live or die
on either,,,, It’s is always God’s Will. 

Very true Pamela,   I believe it is God's will I was given this knowledge of the potential dangers of flying on this jet.  Therefore I won't fly on one until this has been resolved, otherwise I could be putting God to the test. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Luke 4

9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here.

10 For it is written:
“‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully;

11 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’

12 Jesus answered,“It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:43:30 PM by Wanda »

Wanda

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 07:23:44 PM »

I've been thinking about my question and think it has more to do with not heeding God's warnings. At this time, It's obviously God's will that no one else die in another Max jet crash, as they are all grounded. Personally, I will continue to heed his warning until all pilots have adequate training, no matter what improvements Boing makes to the system.

Wanda

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 10:24:35 PM »

I wanted to add something that could shed light on where my thinking was on heeding God's warning

In the early 90's I woke with a strong thought or knowing I was going to be in a car accident that day. I had an important business appointment and couldn't cancel it because I had a strong feeling, so I mapped out a safer route to travel. It was longer and meant taking back roads and going slower speeds, which I thought gave me more control, even if it didn't alleviate my concerns.

I headed out and all was good until I came to the point where I would have to cross over a four lane devided highway with morning traffic. I sat there patiently looking in both directions until there were no cars in either direction, took a deep breath and preceeded to cross. Within a second I was hit by an oncoming car. The man who hit me was extremely shaken, he kept asking where I had come from, telling me he never saw me until he made impact. I told him I never saw him either. Our cars were sitting on the highway and still no cars were visable in either direction. Although he hit me going at least 40 mph, neither of us were hurt, but my car was totaled. When the man heard the rest of my story he was really shaken, and said it was like being a part of something supernatural.

I couldn't fully understand the magnitude of this yet, but I knew this had been a real warning from God and I hadn't listened. I believed I had control to prevent the accident by taking a safer route instead, but God showed me I did not. It was years later before would learn man has no free will, but it only took this one experience to teach me to listen to a warning from God.☺
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:58:30 PM by Wanda »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.