bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Saying  (Read 19252 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Just Saying
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 11:50:52 PM »

Thank you for the info, I was able to pickup vitamin C and D yesterday..

Hope everyone is doing ok and ready to ride it out the storm in their Ark..
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »

/with the virus slowing the economy, gas prices are down to $1.50 per gallon in Indiana.
So the wife and I, who are bored with TV and cold weather, are taking a car tour around the city to watch the people panic and complain while they load up with Toilet paper and excess food they may never eat.
Is this just "the calm before the real storm?"

Porter

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »

Here's an unpopular opinion: Covid-19 is a hoax intended to spread fear and panic. No I can't prove that anymore than the powers that be can prove that it is real. Not saying don't be prepared, just saying when you see the world and it's governments acting irrationally, remember who the bible says is the god of this age.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Doug

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »

Seems if the elderly and those in poor health are the only ones really at much risk. Maybe just those folks should stay home if they feel the need. Every time a virus comes down the road there is not enough money to keep passing out to shut down the country. We accept tens of thousands of flu deaths per year.

Doug

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

People now look at government as their god. Every time something bad happens they expect the government to come in and fix it. Government is all too willing to keep everyone dependent on them.

So much simpler to go to God in prayer and then trust in His intentions and will.

Extol

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »

One of my favorite hymns:

Lyrics: Katharina Amalia Dorothea von Schlegel
Music: Jean Sibelius

Be still my soul the Lord is on thy side
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain
Leave to thy God to order and provide
In every change He faithful will remain
Be still my soul thy best, thy heavenly friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end

Be still my soul when dearest friends depart
And all is darkened in the vale of tears
Then shalt thou better know His love His heart
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears
Be still my soul the waves and winds shall know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below

Be still my soul the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord
When disappointment grief and fear are gone
Sorrow forgot love's purest joys restored
Be still my soul when change and tears are past
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRoiT53Wrrs

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2020, 05:59:20 PM »

That’s so beautiful Jessie,😢  Thank you and May God be with us all 💕

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »

Thanks Jesse that is beautiful and uplifting.

I remembered the toilet paper shortage in 1973 and found this article. Shows how easily people can be influenced to irrational behavior.

https://priceonomics.com/the-great-toilet-paper-scare-of-1973/
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »

And on a positive note. I saw this in a press briefing this am. Yahoo more money for TP!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/future-perfect/2020/3/17/21183627/trump-steve-mnuchin-checks-to-americans-cash
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »

On the same subject. A short ABC news clip. Looks like we're getting money in April, and again later if needed.

https://youtu.be/2lthF5veeJw

octoberose

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2020, 12:41:58 AM »

I need some more prayer !  My daughters husband works with a man who was exposed to covid 19 by another employee who died with Covid with no symptoms . They are in the Seattle area .   This is very concerning . Oh please God take this away from my family . Take this away from so many other families !

Rocco

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 01:47:21 AM »

One possibility is this thing gets really bad but by July or August it appears to be ending and the world breaths a sigh of relief and says "Peace & safety. 1 Thess 5:3

“I, the LORD, will punish the world for its evil
and the wicked for their sin.
I will crush the arrogance of the proud
and humble the pride of the mighty. Is. 13:11

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 11:12:29 AM »

I need some more prayer !  My daughters husband works with a man who was exposed to covid 19 by another employee who died with Covid with no symptoms . They are in the Seattle area .   This is very concerning . Oh please God take this away from my family . Take this away from so many other families !

It all depends on a persons age (for the most part). Very young people are getting it and have no idea they are carriers because they can have no symptoms.

You get a little older and you have symptoms from mild to uncomfortable. The older you get the more you have to be careful. People over 60 need to be the most careful.

Statistically your daughters husband is not going to die from it even if he gets sick assuming he's under 60. But even if he's in his 60's he has only an 8% chance of dying from it.

But you may need to stay away from your daughter and everyone else for awhile (depending on your age).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:14:58 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 12:51:23 PM »

I have a cold , at least I think it’s a cold. Time will tell so in the meantime I am staying put
in my house.

Our borders were closed with the USA this morning and people are freaking out, understandably so.

People will panic and be very angry if the government doesn’t come through with financial
assistance.

Everything is changing quickly .

Gal.6:9—and let us not be weary in well doing for in due season WE SHALL REAP
              if we faint not( do not lose heart).

The grace of Our Lord Jesus be with us brothers and sisters.

In Christ. Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

lareli

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »

We’ve been under shelter-in-place orders since Monday over here. And in news articles the governor keeps reminding us that he has the authority to implement martial law across the whole state.. most people have been sent home from their jobs for at least the next 3 weeks and we’re being told that our schools are most likely going to remain shut down for the rest of this school year..

I can’t recall anything like this happening ever. Can you guys? Has anything like this ever happened that had such a impact on the whole world? World War 2 is the last historical event that I can think of where it affected such a large part of the world and changed everyone’s lives so drastically..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:36:45 PM by lareli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 02:51:17 PM »

/with the virus slowing the economy, gas prices are down to $1.50 per gallon in Indiana.
So the wife and I, who are bored with TV and cold weather, are taking a car tour around the city to watch the people panic and complain while they load up with Toilet paper and excess food they may never eat.
Is this just "the calm before the real storm?"

Yes

Rocco

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 01:41:43 AM »

Just saw on Tucker Carlson Stanford University School of Medicine reporting 100% cure using hydroxychloroquine . Sounds questionable but the sources are reliable. The guy being interviewed by Tucker is Gregory Rigano, he seemed pretty excited about it. We'll see.

indianabob

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 03:09:32 AM »

Hi folks,
Regarding taking various drugs.
There are often risks with any drug, especially without clinical oversight.
One option that has helped me in the past was partial fasting with the intent of developing a fresh gut biology.
The organisms in the gut may support the immune system in many ways and fasting from all the bad foods that you like, and which do not ordinarily cause any trouble, can aid the effectiveness of your immune system.
=
In my own case, lots of plain fluids, tea, warm water, lemon for flavor and absolutely no sugar or carbs that mutate into sugar in the gut. No flour in any form (if you can live without it) no cake or pie or toast and jelly for breakfast etc.

The first meal of the day after no eating since last evening should be a simple raw or cooked fruit or vegetable in small quantities to start the gut flora back on a healthy growth program. It may take several days to reestablish a healthy gut flora. Also the longer you stay away from sugar the easier it gets. Sugar is poison to people who do not burn energy.
=
It is not easy to break a bad habit, but fasting is quite natural for most people if they will determine to do it.
So yes you will be hungry and maybe cursing the need for a fresh start after pampering your taste bud for years.
However, there is almost no risk of any side effects other than being hungry and needing some activity to take your mind off of the discomfort. Return to a healthy full diet after a few days, but avoid sugar. Your body can make all it needs.
=
So...who do you love the most? Your better health or your selfish taste buds.  :)

ZekeSr

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »

I just heard a gentleman on Glenn Beck state that the drug Hydroxychloroquine, a 50 year old generic malaria drug which is still on the market for that and several other diseases has so far gotten a 100% 6 day cure rate in the limited number (40) of people it has been used on. The president has been informed.

Mike

Wanda

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 05:06:04 PM »

I just heard a gentleman on Glenn Beck state that the drug Hydroxychloroquine, a 50 year old generic malaria drug which is still on the market for that and several other diseases has so far gotten a 100% 6 day cure rate in the limited number (40) of people it has been used on. The president has been informed.

Mike

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/hydroxychloroquine-malaria-drug-coronavirus-fda-1493293%3famp=1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.