bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever watched a movie that you thought was symbolic to your life?  (Read 2807 times)

Nelson Boils

Ever watched a movie that you thought was symbolic to your life?
« on: February 27, 2020, 07:12:17 PM »

I watched a movie called Escape plan 1,lead actors Sylvester Stallone & Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Stallone lands himself in prison, where he is treated badly and goes through the stresses of trying to get out of that environment.Eventually he ends up escaping and being a free man.

Fastforward,I think 6 or so months after watching that movie,I find myself in a prison like environment,very stressful at times.
I'm now asking God to bless my escape plan.
Never,in my entire life,have I been surrounded nor have I seen so many gays all in one place at the same time.Man!This is a work environment,so I am stuck there for the moment.

Then one of them comes and wants to start a conversation.Dont like this at all & naturally,feel uncomfortable.Amongst other things this one of the lawlessness at this company.

I'm also now living at this place,commune type of environment,sharing a house with rowdy people who make noise and get drunk.

Don't want to go to work,but I have to. Don't want to come home,but I have to.

But I remember Lot.The Lord knows how to save the righteous.

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Ever watched a movie that you thought was symbolic to your life?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »

Rolihlahla

Your situation reminds me of one of my mama's many sayings. "You're between a rock and a hard place".

In Exodus 33, when Moses was in the wilderness, he was also between a rock and a hard place, but God hid him in the cleft of the rock and covered him with his hand.

Although God isn't hiding you from a real threat of danger, he is there with you. I find it so much easier to get through these trials of life knowing God as I do now,  he's become as real as any cleft in a rock I could hide in.

Isaiah 51:1

1 “Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;

Jesus is always your cleft in a rock and your strenghth to endure.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: Ever watched a movie that you thought was symbolic to your life?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »

I woke this morning with this memory from my youth, and feel it might be helpful in some way.

When I was 16, I was working two summer jobs, one to help my family and the other to save for a car. One of the jobs was at a restaurant working nights,  in an area with shops, a couple pubs and a theater. When the pubs closed on the weekends the people would come in to eat.  My first weekend working, after the pubs closed,  the entire place filled up with gay men. I was mortified I had never seen so many gay people in my life and my first thought was to run out of the place to get away from this evil that occupied every table and chair.  I couldn't imagine getting close enough to any one of these men to take an order,  or serve their food.  I had been taught from a very young age to fear evil and hate the sinner,   but we know as followers of Christ, we are to turn away from evil and hate the sin, not the sinner.

I was in the same situation  you are, I couldn't quit my job,  so I made the decision to do what my employer hired me to do and went to take orders. Not one of these men were rude or disrespectful in any way.  Neither were they loud, messy or obnoxious. They tipped better than most as well. The gay didn't rub off on me, and being kind in my service to them didn't affect me in any negative way, in fact it made me question the truth of what I'd been taught. I don't feel I did anything God would not approve of,  by being kind and respectful to other sinners.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:27:31 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.