bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is a nightmare  (Read 20806 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: This is a nightmare
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 09:43:06 AM »

When I feel like this I read the book of Job.  Job suffered incredibly through no fault of his own.  Job suffered loss of family and kindred, loss of home and hearth, loss of his health and everything he held dear.   He was a spectacle of contention of an argument betwixt satan and God.  Job didn't understand what he was going through or why and yet he held on to his integrity and never accused God of injustice.

Job 1:21  And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Even his wife consoled him to 'curse God and die'.  And yet God caused Job to endure and remain faithful unto death as Job certainly thought he was well along that road.  And what was the end for him?

Job 42 12-17;
So the LORD blessed Job's latter days more than his first. He owned 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys. And he also had seven sons and three daughters. He named his first daughter Jemimah, his second Keziah, and his third Keren-happuch. No women as beautiful as Job’s daughters could be found in all the land, and their father granted them an inheritance among their brothers.  After this, Job lived 140 years and saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. And so Job died, old and full of years.

God will do for you and for us as he did for Job.  Not a promise of blessings of material things although that might be part of it while we are still in the flesh but rather a spiritual blessing of deep understanding of the ways of God and a knowing that it's all for a grand and glorious purpose even if most of that is still hidden right now.  Ray taught us in the LOF series that like John we would hear a voice behind us and many times after I've gone through something I've heard that voice, turned and looked and God gave me an understanding of what he was doing through the process even though at the time of the trial I felt alone and God felt millions of miles away.  It will be the same for you!!

ralph

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:51 PM »

I have been facing homelessness since my Wife and I met.   The house I am living in currently was facing foreclosure a couple of years ago.  The papers were drawn up and sent to our home.  It seemed like it was going to happen.  We have no car and no savings and nowhere to go and we were terrified as my Wife and I have a young child.  Then miraculously the mortgage was paid and the foreclosure stopped.  Now we are facing homelessness once again as the people that own the house we are living in want to kick us out.  My wife and I have moved a lot since we met.  The first time I lost my job and we were forced to move in with her parents.  Then her parents kicked us out of the upstairs apartment in their home to their basement. Then we were driven out of there to move into an apartment with my parents. We were then driven out of their and moved to Georgia into a house and the owner of that house had to sell so we moved into another house.  Then we were driven from there to the house I am in now and yet My wife and I still worry.  How many times does God have to deliver us before we trust him? I am talking to myself more than anyone else here.

Psalms 107

107 Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His [a]mercy endures forever.
2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
3 And gathered out of the lands,
From the east and from the west,
From the north and from the south.

4 They wandered in the wilderness in a desolate way;
They found no city to dwell in.
5 Hungry and thirsty,
Their soul fainted in them.
6 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He delivered them out of their distresses.
7 And He led them forth by the right way,
That they might go to a city for a dwelling place.
8 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
9 For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness.

10 Those who sat in darkness and in the shadow of death,
Bound in affliction and irons—
11 Because they rebelled against the words of God,
And [c]despised the counsel of the Most High,
12 Therefore He brought down their heart with labor;
They fell down, and there was none to help.
13 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He saved them out of their distresses.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
And broke their chains in pieces.
15 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
16 For He has broken the gates of bronze,
And cut the bars of iron in two.

17 Fools, because of their transgression,
And because of their iniquities, were afflicted.
18 Their soul abhorred all manner of food,
And they drew near to the gates of death.
19 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He saved them out of their distresses.
20 He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions.
21 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
22 Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving,
And declare His works with [d]rejoicing.

23 Those who go down to the sea in ships,
Who do business on great waters,
24 They see the works of the Lord,
And His wonders in the deep.
25 For He commands and raises the stormy wind,
Which lifts up the waves of the sea.
26 They mount up to the heavens,
They go down again to the depths;
Their soul melts because of trouble.
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man,
And [e]are at their wits’ end.
28 Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
29 He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
30 Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
31 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
32 Let them exalt Him also in the assembly of the people,
And praise Him in the company of the elders.

33 He turns rivers into a wilderness,
And the watersprings into dry ground;
34 A fruitful land into [f]barrenness,
For the wickedness of those who dwell in it.
35 He turns a wilderness into pools of water,
And dry land into watersprings.
36 There He makes the hungry dwell,
That they may establish a city for a dwelling place,
37 And sow fields and plant vineyards,
That they may yield a fruitful harvest.
38 He also blesses them, and they multiply greatly;
And He does not let their cattle decrease.

39 When they are diminished and brought low
Through oppression, affliction, and sorrow,
40 He pours contempt on princes,
And causes them to wander in the wilderness where there is no way;
41 Yet He sets the poor on high, far from affliction,
And makes their families like a flock.
42 The righteous see it and rejoice,
And all iniquity stops its mouth.

43 Whoever is wise will observe these things,
And they will understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 11:22:36 PM »

"Then I said, "For how long, Lord?" And he answered: "Until the cities lie ruined and without inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined and ravaged until the LORD has sent everyone far away and the land is utterly forsaken. And though a tenth remains in the land, it will again be laid waste. But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land." (Isaiah 6:11-13)

What a weird journey, isn't it?
I like this video where Ray talks about how strange life is (so true!), reminding us of all the sufferings he went through, keeping such brilliant sense of humour of his own.

"What is life all about" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCKPzKz0yU

Nelson Boils

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2020, 05:23:54 AM »

The circumstances make it seem like He is so far away from me, but I know He is here,right beside me.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:45 AM »

"Then I said, "For how long, Lord?" And he answered: "Until the cities lie ruined and without inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined and ravaged until the LORD has sent everyone far away and the land is utterly forsaken. And though a tenth remains in the land, it will again be laid waste. But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land." (Isaiah 6:11-13)

What a weird journey, isn't it?
I like this video where Ray talks about how strange life is (so true!), reminding us of all the sufferings he went through, keeping such brilliant sense of humour of his own.

"What is life all about" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCKPzKz0yU

Hearing Ray speak about all this medicatiot he was taking,reminds me of how I don't like much of the world's medicine.

Few years back,I was admitted in mental hospital and I was prisoner there.We was given medication on  a daily however,I would not take it,not openly,but pretend I was taking 'em only to spit them out when they where not looking.
They would line us up,give us all sorts of pills to take in front of the nurse.That stuff ain't good,at least according to me.

Then word got out that I am not taking my pills,not sure how they found out.
So the coming days the nurse told me I must take medication and they would make sure of that.While they line us up,they would tell me to open my mouth to ensure I swallowed them up,but even then,I hid the pills using my tongue and surprisingly,they where blind enough not to see the deception.Then I would spit them out when they were not looking thinking I took 'em,whilst all along they where still in my mouth.

It was like I was in a movie,I'd see how and what the med did to the other patients and I thought "No way am I taking that."

When I had served my sentence.The nurses where like "you see,we told you to take your pills,look at you now at how it has helped"....in my mind I would chuckle and think.."if only you knew."

indianabob

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »

Hi rolihlahla,

Your story although interesting sounds hard to believe.
However since I have aged to 84 years and had several ailments I have a more understanding view of things.  ::)
I have had several surgeries and other ailments wherein the "physicians" have given me various drugs to try to help me.
After taking them as prescribed and after checking with other authorities on the internet I have found other ways of treating my maladies that were as effective or more effective.
For example STOP doing things that cause the problem!
Of course I do realize that self medicating can be dangerous if one assumes that they have understanding and don't.
So I am not recommending others try to follow my example.
Doctors are just practicing on their patients and "hoping" that there will be a good result.
Hey why not...it worked on the last patient that we tried it on OR maybe two out of three.
Thanks for your story. I am pleased that you were able to survive the treatment that was forced upon you.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 07:40:27 PM »

Bob,
Ray Smith brought us so much good things for he was truly blessed by God.
I thank God for Ray’s wisdom. It changed my all life and perception of the world we live in.
What an honor to have been granted to find Bible Truths site.
All that I could see in Scriptures, I owe it to Ray’s teachings God put in his heart.
I always pray that what I should see in The Scriptures comes from God, not from my human heart, because it’s God I want to glorify, not myself.
Now I’m sure you’ll bring us some more bread to feed us in Christ. Can’t wait! 😁

So I ended up loosing everything,except my clothes and had to move out of the apartment I was living in.I moved out thinking I'm off to the streets but a fellow brother in South Africa opened his home to me and said I must come to them(him & his wife),which is in another state.Met another brother who allowed me to live in one of his houses that was unoccupied,for a while. The Lord also sent fellow brothers from as far as America to help:Now that was unexpected -The Lord bless them.

So then I eventually got a job,which forced me to move further away from those the Lord sent to help me.
..and now I am here, exactly where the Lord wants me.

Just like a movie - I too find it hard to believe.

Rocco

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »

Your trials remind me of the apostle Paul: 2 Cor 11: 26-27

I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.
I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.

He also said this in Romans 8 38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I live in Sacramento, CA where many of the streets are covered with tents and garbage from all the homeless (mostly drug and alcohol addicts) some have become violent and vile in there actions two of my kids work for small mom & pop businesses near downtown and have experienced some of the horror. We just had the first confirmed corona virus case in the nation with no identifiable traceable source. I work in Hospitals all over the state including San Francisco and I'm wondering how bad it will get. I think this nation and the world for that matter is in a death spiral. I guess you can blame me because I've been begging for the Lord to return and it looks like it might be sooner than we think.

looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.
But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 01:49:19 PM »

Hi rolihlahla,

Your story although interesting sounds hard to believe.
However since I have aged to 84 years and had several ailments I have a more understanding view of things.  ::)
I have had several surgeries and other ailments wherein the "physicians" have given me various drugs to try to help me.
After taking them as prescribed and after checking with other authorities on the internet I have found other ways of treating my maladies that were as effective or more effective.
For example STOP doing things that cause the problem!
Of course I do realize that self medicating can be dangerous if one assumes that they have understanding and don't.
So I am not recommending others try to follow my example.
Doctors are just practicing on their patients and "hoping" that there will be a good result.
Hey why not...it worked on the last patient that we tried it on OR maybe two out of three.
Thanks for your story. I am pleased that you were able to survive the treatment that was forced upon you.

So Gary Amirault died due to "some adverse reactions to some prescribed medication" is what a close friend said.

Is the Dr. at fault for his death?

indianabob

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »

Is the physician at fault for the death of a patient?
Probably not...because the physician was only "practicing" with the limited information available to him.

If a person agrees to the medication and signs a waiver of liability then the result is their own responsibility.

Same idea applies to religion.
If you believe what a religious sect tells you then your fate is in your own hands.  ::)

Kindly offered, Indiana Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2020, 02:46:49 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Gary Amirault died. We talked several times many years ago.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2020, 03:18:16 PM »

Emaii, May 3, 2006

HEALTH
Is God is full control over wether we have good or bad health?

Russ

Dear Russ
Of course,,,,,,,,, God is in control of everything.

God be with you
Ray

Praise God
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.