bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How is Everyone Doing ?  (Read 8641 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
How is Everyone Doing ?
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:34:44 AM »

I just wanted to check in and see how the BT family is during our time of  distancing ourselves from others . I’m praying that God is giving you Peace .  I have to admit at times peace wavers  for me , but I’m blessed in so many ways .  My husband worked from home even before this happened.  We have enough food , our home is warm , and I read to my grandchildren  most days over Alexa . But we can’t go see them and my oldest daughters family lives outside of Seattle .
This feels like a pestilence from Revelations -  weather it is or not , it is in the hands of God .
  Praying you all are safe and well. ❣️

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: How is Everyone Doing ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 05:45:59 AM »

For me is quite tough going as had car accident in December and my wife died. I am still injured and waiting for another operation which is getting delayed now because of the virus. The court case against the other driver is also delayed now. Any negative news makes it hard on my mental condition. I feel like everything got much harder after the accident. I have no peace and full of uncertainty about the future. Is difficult also when I need people in my life but now get told I need to stay away. Just hoping everything gets better soon.

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:29:35 AM »

We are here for you Rhys. Maybe not in person but we are aware of your situation and praying for you.

waterfall77

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:10:12 PM »

We're in Michigan and we're  starting a stay at home order. My husband works at a grocery store so he can still work, I'm very thankful for that.  I pray that staying home for many states will help with stopping this virus. Or slow it down.

Tim Krantz

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »

I had 3operations to get bloodflow thru my artery in my leg. I found out on #2 I don't do well on morphine and had 2 stents put in. After the operation my artery collapsed within 48hrs. Surgeon blamed me for not taking Plavix. My wife and I convinced I was taking meds on time. He said if I was indeed taking plavix on time, I was in the 10% "lucky ones" that Plavix don't work  on. So #3 was scheduled (baloon) to re-open artery and I thnk it was successful, follow up next month. Now I'm one of the at risk citizens(7o yrs old, almost 50 yrs as a type 1 diabetic) so I don't go anywhere crowded. Good thing I love being around my wife of 46 yrs. Prayers for all in tougher straits than I.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 08:01:20 PM »

I have a cold, so my husband is picking up groceries. God really is a miracle worker.😁

May God be with you all .

In Christ Pamela

God Bless you Rhys, you are always in my prayers. ❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 07:53:42 AM »

Having you all, especially Rhys, in our thoughts and prayers.
We are a special family of believers and support one another as best we can.
Thanks for all the support. Bob

Joel

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 01:56:48 PM »

Me and my house are doing ok so far, thank the LORD. Praying for one another is the best remedy always especially during these trying times. Our 46 year old daughter insisted that we do the online grocery ordering and side door pickup thing so my wife did that and it went pretty well. Even shopping on line doesn't mean you get everything you ordered, such as paper towels and toilet tissue.

In all things give thanks unto GOD the Father and our LORD and savior Jesus Christ.

Joel

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »

In these recent uncertain and troubling times. I am reminded of what relying on God in all things really means. It can transform how you perceive and react to situations.  I've had plenty of practice with social distancing over the past few years, while caring for my mama who will soon be 92.  This situation has not altered my life in a negative way, as it has many others.

I feel blessed to have this time with my beautiful mama, and the ability to shop online for many things, as well as the grocery pick up service which is a great option.

I'm mostly feeling grateful for God's mercy and grace in my life, and the many blessings I've been given, especially my BT family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 12:56:59 AM »

Wanda,

Your sincere encouragement is appreciated.
Even in tough times we have the assurance that in the end we win and the prize is amazing.
please give Mother a hug from me, bob

= = =

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery (secret); We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 
1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 
1Co 15:56  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 
1Co 15:57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »

Hello BT Family

I don't have enough strong and profound words in my heart to tell you how much I love all of you and how much I care. My prayers goes especially to Tim and Rhys whose pain touch me deep in my soul.
But in my heart I have a strong and profound faith so I'll let God's Word speaks for me.
I have gathered all of the last one or two verses in NT. I guess it has already been done before but the point IS I believe these words truely and I am telling you all these words right now and everyday past present future in my prayers, thoughts, words, heart.
Read it, brothers and sisters, and then know what I truely want to say to you all.
Much love in Christ to you, BT Family !
Michelle.

Revelation 22:21 : The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25 : To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

3 John 1:14 : I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face. Peace to you. The friends here send their greetings. Greet the friends there by name.

2 John 1:13 : The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.

1 John 5:21 : Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

2 Peter 3:18 : But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

1 Peter 5:14 : Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

James 5:20 : remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

Hebrews 13:25 : Grace be with you all.

Philemon 1:25 : The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your you.

Titus 3:15 : Everyone with me sends you greetings. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all.

2 Timothy 4:22 : The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.

1 Timothy 6:20-21 : Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have departed from the faith. Grace be with you all.

2 Thessalonians 3:18 : The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

1 Thessalonians 5:28 : The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Colossians 4:18 : I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

Philippians 4:23 : The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Ephesians 6:23-24 : Peace to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

Galatians 6:18 : The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, brothers and sisters. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:12-14 : Greet one another with a holy kiss. All God's people here send their greetings. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

1 Corinthians 16:23-24 : The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Romans 16:27 : to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Acts 28:31 : to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

John 21:25 : Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Luke 24:51-52 : While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

Mark 16:19-20 : After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Matthew 28:19-20 : Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. 

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 09:25:19 PM »

1 John 4:14

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the son
to be THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.

1 Tim.2:4

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God Our Savior, who
WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED and to come unto the knowledge
of the truth.

Quote from Ray,, “ the trumpet of Isaiah 58:1 is being sounded on Bible- truths .com

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 09:14:53 AM »

Things currently are not as locked down as what I've seen on the news in more populated areas.  I have little concern for myself, but working at home is not an option and people are coming and going here at work all day so I don't want to bring anything home (including more worry) to my mother. Certain changes at work are stressful but they would be in the absence of Covid-19 too.  Anyway, that's mostly why I've been absent more than usual.

All this will pass, and the Lord is preparing a place for every last stinking one of us   Here or there, whether we live or die,, we're with Him.  Let's love one another while we're here.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »

It can be overwhelming and my heart goes out to those who are in dire difficulties because of job losses, social isolation and the economy.  Remembering those in prayer who are on the front lines and those that have to work and put themselves at risk.

Reading and rereading Psalm 91 brings me a lot of comfort. 

God is in control and this virus, to me, is a huge test of faith in that we are to rely on Him and trust Him in ALL  cirumstances.  I'm sure these circumstances are really challenging a lot of people in their faith. 

Praying for all saints that we will soon see some light and to hold fast and for His guidance; that our faith not be just lip service.

Rhys, I don't mean to sound glib but time does heal; I lost my husband 2 years ago today and have been in a semi isolation during that time as no close family or friends to visit me on a regular basis; He did give me one great friend who kept in contact with me, long distance, once a week.  Thank God for the faith and friend He gave me as it kept me out of depression even tho it made me do a lot of self reflection of my life/character etc; it also made me speak to Him more often and read His word be it the bible, Ray's material etc.  Rhys that/His strength is in you!! 

May God's blessings be on you all. 

Diane

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 12:25:01 PM »

My daughter got laid off yesterday and has only five days to get out of her home so her
landlord can move in .She has a husband who doesn’t work and two seven year old twins.
The government package won’t be available for ten days apparently and she is experiencing
much anxiety as many are. Joblessness abounds. People are panicking, and this virus is spreading
like wildfire. Many are not adhering to the stay at home rules so they have begun arresting people.
I watched in horror as a leading Premier of a big province stated regarding the hoarding of food.
And I quote “ there is a special place in hell for those who do such things” .
After reading again this morning the Origins of eternal punishment, I have a better understanding of Christian
doctrine in the bigger scheme of things . It’s evil and disgusting blasphemy.

From Rays teaching

God has sternly warned in Deut.12:30-31

We at BT are blessed to know that

There is always salvation on the other side of judgement.
God is good and God is wise, and God is powerful and God is Love,
and God is enlarging His family with billions of sons and daughters
who will truly be for the first time in history, purged and purified and
finally molded into the desire of Gods heart from the beginning of time
when He declared “ let us be making humanity ,,,,, in our image.
                                                                                    L Ray Smlth
Come Lord Jesus

In Christ
Pamela

Nelson Boils

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »

Meanwhile in South Africa,the country goes on a lockdown beginning of tomorrow.

Tough times lie ahead as winter is also around the corner.

What will happen will happen according to His.

Peace to you all according to His will.

octoberose

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 01:37:49 AM »

I was so glad to hear from so many! Don't you just wish in a time like this we could all be together? We would put our arms around Rhys and Tim, and have big dinners and study together and laugh  (while social distancing of course ).  And one day we'll do just that ( without the distancing ).
  This all feels to me like a pestilence we've been told to look out for, and I feel like we will be seeing more of this. 
  I'm trying to make the most of this time.   It's not what I would have wanted, but it does present an opportunity for quiet, for study, for doing the things we need to do at home, for health, for kindness and for thinking of others before ourselves.  I feel unsettled but not unrooted .
 May God continue to be with you all, because the days are getting shorter.  Be well.

Porter

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:12 AM »

All this will pass, and the Lord is preparing a place for every last stinking one of us   Here or there, whether we live or die,, we're with Him.  Let's love one another while we're here.
That's what I'm talking about Dave. My wife has been a bit worried lately because the whole world is telling us to be scared, so I told her about how Jesus comforted those that were crying because their child had died, then Jesus telling them the child was only asleep and not dead, and then commanding her to come alive again. I think telling my wife about that helped. Jesus will make us whole again, not just physically, but especially spiritually.

Covid-19 may be real, but I think it's getting blown way out of proportion. More people die from the common flu (among other illnesses) than they do from this new over hyped virus. The person that modeled the virus and then predicted that the virus would kill 500k people in the UK is now changing his tune to say the new estimate is less than 20k people dead in the UK from covid-19. However, main stream media is still using the old data from the previous model, wonder why.

Don't know how reliable dailywire.com is, but for what it's worth, check this out. https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiologist-behind-highly-cited-coronavirus-model-admits-he-was-wrong-drastically-revises-model

Sadly, the person behind the covid-19 model is already crediting the quarantine efforts to his new less drastic model. This quarantine will set a new precedent for future biological emergencies. 

Just like with the flu, our elderly and those that are immunocompromised are probably more susceptible to this. So as always keep them safe.

BTW, I'm doing ok octoberose, thanks for asking. Lets all remember each other in prayer. God be with us all.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:16:03 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.