bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How is Everyone Doing ?  (Read 8635 times)

waterfall77

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: How is Everyone Doing ?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 12:12:44 PM »

I'm thankful for this web site and all of you. Listening to all your comments gives strength  and comfort.

Heidi

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »

News from New Zealand.   We are on day 4 of lockdown.  This week I've stepped into new roles of being a teacher, counselor, cleaner, DIY tradesmen, gardener, cook, wife, mother, grandmother etc.  The list goes on! Praise God that I can be this for everyone in our immediate bubble.

Our business is classed as essential services, doing the rural mail run in our area.  However, both my husband and I were told to stay at home because he is over 70 and I have asthma.   

I am grateful that my two daughters can still work for our business.   

My heart goes out to everyone, especially those effected in poor countries who dont have the modern comforts we have.

Rhys, I pray for you and know that God will bring you through this tough trial you are experiencing.  Strength to you my brother in the Lord.

I am grateful for this site and sharing with you all the hope we have in Christ Jesus.  We are the lucky ones that know that God is in control and that we have the peace that surpasses understanding.   Imagine not having that....now that is more terrifying than the Covid-19 virus!

Love in Christ
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »

I had a US Mail delivery today that required I sign for it. I saw the mail truck drive up and started to walk out to meet the mail lady but she stopped me and told me she was signing for me because they are not allowed to have contact with anyone. I put on my gloves and retrieved the letter from my mailbox then sprayed it with disinfectant.

Most likely did not need the gloves or disinfectant but at my age and health problems I have to be extra careful. But I expect this to be mostly over when it gets hot and humid here in the Deep South (about another month).

indianabob

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 02:07:54 AM »

Hi Dennis,
Question.
Since as you say it gets hot and humid in your area why does that reduce risk?
These virus seem to thrive in the human body which is 98 degrees and quite humid in the lungs.
Any ideas? I would love to know more.
Bob

Heidi

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 04:13:34 AM »

Better to be safe than sorry Dennis.  We also have to wear gloves and masks delivering mail.  Glad to see its universal 😁
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

ZekeSr

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 08:43:36 AM »

Better to be safe than sorry Dennis.  We also have to wear gloves and masks delivering mail.  Glad to see its universal 😁

Unfortunately, I've noticed a disturbing trend. Discarded gloves are popping up all over the place, especially in parking lots outside of stores and on the city streets. My car was in the shop which is a mile and a half from my house. When I walked there to retrieve it, I decided to count gloves. In that mile and a half, I counted 15 gloves and one mask. Who are these people and what are they thinking? While I realize the need for these procedures, this is another case where I believe the business of certain entities keeping people in a constant panic does not help. It creates thoughtless disease spreading idiots.

Mike

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »

Hi Dennis,
Question.
Since as you say it gets hot and humid in your area why does that reduce risk?
These virus seem to thrive in the human body which is 98 degrees and quite humid in the lungs.
Any ideas? I would love to know more.
Bob

Reduce Coronavirus with High Temperature and Humidity   https://youtu.be/YZbMoCHyh1M

More Studies Show Warm, Humid Weather Could Slow The Spread   https://youtu.be/wtV3krGIuJk

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »

Doug

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 08:41:46 PM »

Interesting that in the Old Testament there are many references to hand washing, quarantine, and many hygienic examples. There is really nothing new under the sun. The flu typically starts to fad away around early to middle April so hopefully this will follow same coarse. It does seem odd that they have tested different treatments that show great results but doctors seem reluctant to use even when it is existing drug that is tolerated well.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 03:20:20 AM »

Good here. Not worried about the 'virus'. More concerned about what the Government is doing...

ZekeSr

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 09:21:11 AM »

I did the math according to this morning's official statics for the U.S. As of this morning (3/29), the death rate in the U.S. is 1.1%. We may be leading the world in the number of infected cases reported, but (unlike some sources would have us believe) NOT in the number per capita and NOT in the percentage of deaths. The actual numbers will not be known until this thing ends. That's the way it always is, but they appear to be trending down from the original projections. I'm not trying to lessen the seriousness of the epidemic, believe me. I'm 69.... my wife is 68 and still working at the local hospital. But a little hope can't hurt. And we're not getting that from very many sources. Pray for a cure, an early summer and those everywhere in the world who are already in need.

Mike   

zvezda

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 10:24:38 AM »

In 2003, SARS didn't die of natural causes, it was killed by extensive public health measures (quarantining, social distancing, everyone was wearing a mask when in public).
Can't depend on weather alone.

I really like what this professor said at the end of the video.
"This is science, we have to be humble, the moment we become arrogant, we'll lose."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU

indianabob

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »

zvezda, zeke
No politics here, but why if everyone was wearing masks in 2003, was there no shortage to complain about in that SARS epidemic?
Were hospitals better prepared? Were more masks available?
What was different?
Bob

ZekeSr

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 03:43:27 PM »

zvezda, zeke
No politics here, but why if everyone was wearing masks in 2003, was there no shortage to complain about in that SARS epidemic?
Were hospitals better prepared? Were more masks available?
What was different?
Bob

Hi Bob,

Quite frankly, everyone was not wearing a mask in 2003. Not here in the U.S. In fact, I don't remember anyone at all wearing a mask at that time.
However, (this is incomplete information) I do know that during the swine flu epidemic a little over a decade ago, tens of millions of masks were released from the government's stockpile. I could be wrong, but I think they went to medical facilities, not the public. And for whatever reason, they were never replenished.
I don't remember people walking around with masks then, either. 
With very little exception, and only on rare occasions with a single individual, have I ever seen a mask in public before this event.

MikeI

zvezda

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 04:24:46 PM »

Hi Bob, in 2003, the affected countries were mostly in Asia. People in those countries did wear masks. The professor in the video also mentioned it.

There was no shortage, I think the reasons are:
The spread of SARS was not as fast and easily as covid-19.
There were not too many international travelers at that time, so not too many imported cases for countries outside Asia.
Most importantly, there were no face mask hoarders.

No politics here too, but the face masks were already sold out in almost every store around the world in early Jan. You probably can guess who bought up all the masks and caused the shortage.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6145133960001
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:33:38 PM by zvezda »

Extol

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 08:47:41 PM »

But a little hope can't hurt.

Mike   

Hope is a wonderful thing. The hope we have is not mere wishful thinking (I hope I win the lottery!) but a confidence and expectation that our God will fulfill His promises.

Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You. Psalm 33:22

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 43:5

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
  Psalm 119:114

Regarding the present situation, permit me to offer this hope. We pray for deliverance from a virus, but thank God we shall be saved from something worse, the pride of life:

A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor.
Prov. 29:23

Woe to the crown of pride (Latin: coronae superbiae), to the drunkards of Ephraim, Whose glorious beauty is a fading flower. Isa. 28:1

The crown of pride (corona superbiae), the drunkards of Ephraim, Will be trampled underfoot.
Isa. 28:3

In that day the Lord of hosts will be For a crown of glory (corona gloriae) and a diadem of beauty To the remnant of His people.
Isa. 28:5

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life (Latin: coronam vitæ) which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way as to take the prize. Everyone who competes in the games trains with strict discipline. They do it for a crown (coronam) that is perishable, but we do it for a crown that is imperishable.
1 Cor. 9:25-26

Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness (corona justitiæ), which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Tim. 4:8

Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown (coronam). Rev. 3:11

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »

Amen Jessie, thank you for there beautiful words, they melt my heart.

Praise God , praise His holy name.

Come Lord Jesus
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 04:59:47 AM »

In new Zealand the numbers are getting less with 2 deaths. The lockdown is suppose to last another 12 days but may get extended. For me the isolation is not so good and getting me more depressed and my faith in God gets less. He knows the length of our days but why take my wife now. I am still quite angry with him and the situation I now find myself in. My surgery also delayed because of the virus but there is no virus in my town but hospital still won’t do anything l I think it’s wrong to let people wait for people that might get sick. If there was virus here then ok but no virus. I get physically better but will be worse for a while after surgery so prefer it done soon.

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »

Perhaps contact someone who knows and find out if the hospitals are mostly inactive, and if they are somewhat inactive start a movement? Start with the news media that carried your story. Could help thousands of people like yourself.

You can almost count on the lock-down being extended.

I can understand your injustice in my mind but not in my heart. I know things will be wonderful in the next life and this is necessary, but we are not in the next life now are we?

Doug

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »

Hi Rhys,
Sorry to hear your difficult circumstances. It makes no sense at all to close these hospitals and no sense to prolong the lockdown in New Zealand. You can be assured God is in charge, knows your needs and will see you through. Praying for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.