bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do u think are some of the hardest questions 2 answer related to our faith?  (Read 8401 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love

Hi Wanda
Ray taught in Getting Saved, the hardest thing you will ever do ,that,

Yes, Faith is a noun but belief / believe is a verb and they mean the same
thing.
Saved by grace through faith. Our faith, no,,, the faith OF Jesus.
Ray said anyone can say they believe IN Jesus but the sons of God
will have the faith OF Jesus. Big difference in those little words, “in and of”
😁💕
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

Hi Wanda,
If I may add just a little.
It is the faith OF Jesus who obeyed even unto death and whose righteousness we depend upon that saves us.

The faith that God gives each one of us is to trust, believe and have faith in what Jesus did.
When Jesus died on the stake he said, "it is finished".
So the salvation of all people has already been provided for-for all time.
The faith that humans may have is given by God to each in their own time, some now and most later.

Please comment, Indiana Bob

=
Wanda, I would argue that we mustn't, for the same of clarity, say we "believe in Jesus.".  Nor is that the "necessary faith".  We are saved by Grace...through faith. He is the Savior of all men, especially those that believe.  To me that matches up with the Gospel of John.  To believe in Jesus is one thing.  But the power/authority to become the Sons of God goes to those that believe on His name.

And they shall call his name "Jesus", for He shall save His people from their sins.  His very name means "God savior/saves".  He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the world.  Believing this is central to believing ON HIS NAME.  Those that believe on His name are especially saved.

He shall be called Immanuel, meaning "God with us". 

People these days don't put as much thought into the meanings of names.  But it's a prominent part of scripture, OT and New, that certain names are defined.  His was.  That's at least one major way one can believe on a name.  It is not just an arrangement of letters and syllables.

Thanks Dave,

Yes, I do understand we're saved by grace through faith, which is only possible through God and not by anything we do. I also believe Jesus is the savior of All men. My thinking was of the sons of God who believe on his name. I suppose my question would be, would not God given faith be necessary as one of the sons of God,  to believe on his name?

I also understand the importance and great power of that name in God's plan for the salvation of all.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Acts 4:12
 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

John 5:43  I have come to you in My Father’s name…

John 17:6 “I have manifested Your name…

John 17:11 Holy Father, you have given me your name…

John 17:26  And I have declared to them Your name…

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace

Thanks Pam and Bob.

In my struggle to explain this, I confused things by putting the emphasis on faith. I agree with Pamela, belief does mean faith.  And yes Bob, each is saved in his own order, as is promised by the sacrifice of our Lord. He is the savior of ALL men.

Those who are continually believing on his name. Trusting, obeying and doing his will are those that will be begotten, not of blood, neither of the will of the flesh, neither of the will of a man, but of God. These will be saved first. Otherwise, I don't see how we can understand that believing in his  name is all it takes to be saved. If that were true getting saved would be easy peasy and not as hard as Ray taught it was. 

JOHN 1

12 But to all who did receive him who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:54:37 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

octoberose

The first question , as you have said , is why a loving God allows unspeakable evil.  I can only imagine that  the Light of God is so brilliant that it will wash away so completely any darkness we have ever experienced .And who knows that God , before the beginning  of Time, even for a nanosecond  saw in His wisdom that evil was possible and turned away from it to be Love . And to be like God we had to see it too.
  And the second question we hear all the time is if God is going to save us all, then what is the use of trying to live a “ good” life? What is the point ?  This one perplexes me greatly . Did they only love God because of the threat of Hell ? Did they really not want to know Him or be like Him or serve Him ?  The response to this question reveals the heart .

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

"The first question , as you have said , is why a loving God allows unspeakable evil."

Ecc 1:13 CLV
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:
it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Isa 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:50:38 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace

And who knows that God , before the beginning  of Time, even for a nanosecond  saw in His wisdom that evil was possible and turned away from it to be Love . And to be like God we had to see it too.

I love this comment❤

And the second question we hear all the time is if God is going to save us all, then what is the use of trying to live a “ good” life? What is the point ?  This one perplexes me greatly . Did they only love God because of the threat of Hell ? Did they really not want to know Him or be like Him or serve Him ?  The response to this question reveals the heart

When I first started going door to door as a Jehovah's Witnesse, I was filled with so much excitement to tell people there was no such place as a burning hellfire of endless torture. That excitement was very short lived though, because what should have been received as the best news you could ever hear, as a Christion who believed in such a place, only angered them.

I had a long time to process this kind of reaction, and realized believing in such a sick and horrible doctrin hardens peoples hearts. Believing in the free will doctrin, as they do, makes them feel superior because they chose salvation, and those going to hell made their choice too.

There are some, who do genuinely exhibit Godly love and just accept this is neccessary in his plan for mankind, but want to try  and save people from making the wrong choice.

The perplexing thing to me, as one who grew up with the hellfire doctrin, and could never connect this God of love to such an evil and unloving act of punishment, is how they justify or explain away such an evil act by a loving God,  when they vehemently deny God even created or uses evil. They defend him of having any connection to it, but then accuse him of committing one of the most evil acts anyone can even imagine.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:25:59 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

loveroftruth

What meat that I am feasting on here.. thank you everyone!

My response to "Why God allows innocent children to suffer is?":

HE has given ADULTS a free choice (not free will), and when adults make irresponsible, wrong, & selfish choices, then they, being responsible for the child's safety, they are the guilty one's for not protecting that child/those children better. The blood is on the hands of the adult whom was given charge over the child, it is that adult whom must answer to God... (ex: when a leader and members of a militia are more interested in using their federal monies that were given to them to feed their children, then they turn around and use that money on buying more weapons for war, while the children starve to death, will be held accountable for those children's deaths);(or when a woman murders the baby inside of her womb/abortion...she must be held accountable.) Had God not given these adults 'free choice', then the adults could try to turn their bad choices against God ,by saying that they were 'made to chose' to do what they did to the innocent children, then they would never repent … hopefully, this will make anyone repent and change their lives for the better. Plus, if we did not know how terrible evil is, then we would not know how good God is... :o

Also, 
Susan (Lover of truth)

Our mission in life is to learn how to love everyone. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.