bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Saying 2  (Read 5122 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Just Saying 2
« on: April 20, 2020, 07:23:24 PM »

This is a big deal: https://youtu.be/wQuXDvA8l24

When I was a kid the refineries paid to take #6 oil away. Now the futures contracts are paying big money to take 'crude' away?

lareli

Re: Just Saying 2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 07:58:24 PM »

Back in January you voiced your concern about the Coronavirus. I wasn’t so sure there was any reason for concern at that time, but you were right.

If you say the status of oil is a big deal now, I’m inclined to pay attention. What do you suppose someone can do to prepare for what’s ahead?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »

I'm not sure but watch all the video. He talks about what to expect in the last five minutes.

You cannot just stop pumping oil without doing harm to most oil-wells.

So gas will be cheap for awhile but I expect $80 to $120 bbl oil within two years but probably sooner.

I wonder if this applies even though it's most likely talking about olive oil?

Rev 6:6  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »

Hi Dennis,
I still feel there was a lot of fear about the virus but now studies are showing it is probably much wider spread but symptom free. It seems the death rate may be close to the flu and not the 2 to 4 percent. Sweden so far seems to be doing fairly well with some less harsh measures. If this continues there will be great pain from lost jobs. It has the potential to crash the global economy.

Regarding the video of oil collapsing if he is right most of us will become homeless and starve to death. Who would have the money to buy million dollar an a once gold? Would not the person who had the gold to be sold be killed for it. There would be lawlessness under his thesis. Gold may help you for a small period perhaps but not running out to purchase. He does own a gold company.

Do think much will change, including deflation first then maybe inflation. However no one knows. God knows and if this fellow is correct in his predictions the only thing we truly have is our Lord.

Please correct me if my thinking is wrong.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 06:06:38 AM »

Everything you say could come true Doug. But maybe not. I'm just guessing like everyone else on the Internet.

What I did not hear is talk about the 'Petrodollar' which is very important IMO and prompted this topic.

"The petrodollar is any U.S. dollar paid to oil-exporting countries in exchange for oil. The dollar is the preeminent global currency. As a result, all international transactions, including oil, are priced in dollars. Oil-exporting nations must receive dollars for their exports, not their own currency." Google definition

The Federal Reserve is talking about creating even more Trillions of Dollars out of thin-air which would destroy any other currency. But the US dollar is currently getting stronger against other currencies because of the petrodollar and some other countries devaluing their currency by printing even more money.

We are the least filthy shirt in the laundry basket so to speak. But sooner or later it has to catch-up with us, IMO.

As you say Doug, we may be in a position of having no choice but to trust God to get us through this.

As far as the virus is concerned, refrigerated trailers are being used to store dead bodies around the world. That's never happened before where the dead pile-up so quickly, even if the annual count is not much higher than normal flu deaths. I realize at my age I may not be able to go out in public again for months or even years.

I struggled with posting this back in January. But I felt if I did not say something and some could have benefited from the post I had no choice but to bring it up and risk looking stupid. Same this time.

But sooner or later this is going to happen:

Rev 18:17  For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 

Porter

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »

But sooner or later this is going to happen:

Rev 18:17  For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
But, that's a good thing right?

Rev 18:20  Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Rev 19:2  For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

ZekeSr

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:16:33 AM »

Besides badly hurting the U.S. oil industry, Saudi Arabia and Russia really did shoot themselves in the foot by opening up the spickets full blast to produce a deliberate glut. One of their main objectives was to knock out the U.S. shale production which is more expensive to extract than the regular pumping of oil. The pressure on our producers was starting to work. But then… along came a virus that shut down most of the world. And the demand for oil plummeted. Perfect timing.

Mr. Maloney mentioned the Weimar hyperinflation which occurred in Germany after WWI. It’s value against the American dollar became no better than play money. It got to the point where, when I was a kid back in the 50’s, people still talked about a barber shop in town that had been wall-papered in German marks from the Weimar Republic. I never saw it, but it was even mentioned as a topic of interest by one of my teachers in school.

The Fed doesn’t even have to print the money anymore. They just dump it into the system electronically. Hyperinflation is virtually inevitable.

The total value of all the world’s money is about 90 trillion dollars.
The total of all the world’s debt is about 215 trillion dollars which is (debatably) offset by the value of the world’s developed real estate at 217 trillion.
But the derivatives market is the real boogie man. It’s a financial leverage system so convoluted, intertwined and manipulated that no one really knows the true amount. It’s estimated at 544 trillion on the low end and 1.2 quadrillion (yes, quadrillion) on the high end. It was the derivatives market the caused the 2008 debacle.

Doug

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:41 AM »

Hi Zeke,

Is it wrong to say if hyper inflation is inevitable then most of the worlds population will die from being homeless and having no food and heat? Back in the 50’s it was a time when many had livestock and or farmed. Today most do not and social security, pensions, savings are basically worthless or possibly gone. Governments are past bankrupt now. Even gold will at some point become worthless. It would be a total lawless society. Death if living in fear of virus, collapsing economies, etc. is not a bad alternative. However, we still do not know God’s intentions. It may not be our human reasoning and understanding.
Please tell me where my thinking is wrong.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 01:08:48 PM »

As you say Doug, we may be in a position of having no choice but to trust God to get us through this.

Excuse me guys, but when has this never been the case? Trust God ALWAYS. "Thy will be done". Keep the faith! :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:37:22 PM by Rene »

ZekeSr

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 01:10:09 PM »

Hi Zeke,

Is it wrong to say if hyper inflation is inevitable then most of the worlds population will die from being homeless and having no food and heat? Back in the 50’s it was a time when many had livestock and or farmed. Today most do not and social security, pensions, savings are basically worthless or possibly gone. Governments are past bankrupt now. Even gold will at some point become worthless. It would be a total lawless society. Death if living in fear of virus, collapsing economies, etc. is not a bad alternative. However, we still do not know God’s intentions. It may not be our human reasoning and understanding.
Please tell me where my thinking is wrong.

Hi Doug,

My own personal opinion is that hyperinflation is inevitable and most credible financial experts seem to be on the same page, at least the ones willing to speak up. However, I hesitate to speculate on how bad things could get. Only God knows the day and time of anything. One thing I have seen in my own lifetime is that you really-really don't know. For example: I think back to the Cuban missile crisis when I was 12 and how close we came to the brink... even closer than anyone knew at the time. It was only later that the hard details came out. WWI, the Great Depression, WWII, Aids, Ebola and SARS were all supposed to be the beginning of the end. But they weren't. I certainly see what looks like a downward spiral, but there can always be another pullback from the edge of that cliff. Who knows? We could have a long way to go yet (or not) as we wait for another push. HIS will will be done.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:14:08 PM by ZekeSr »

Doug

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »

Thanks for your reply. It would seem if or when we get hyperinflation at a minimum it will cause a lot of unemployment, devalue any money which will cause many adverse results. So was closing an economy for a virus that never came close to any of the models necessary? Would herd immunity not worked better with the elder and at risk shut in? Those working could still follow social distancing like so many of the so called essential services currently do? We may yet this fall have it reappear, better to get it over quicker to me. The economic fallout has the very real chance of killing far more.

The bottom line to me is we really do not know God’s plan. Take precautions, plan for the future and do not fear the future or a virus. In the end things will work out great for all.

Doug

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »

It just hit me I said we do not know God’s plan. Should have said in this matter. We are blessed that we do know God’s plan to save all mankind and all win.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 09:36:17 PM »

Bitcoin just halved (you can look it up). They say that makes Bitcoin even more attractive and helps eliminate Bitcoin inflation.

Many suggest block-chain currencies are the future. Block-chains are all about numbers.

Rev 13:17 
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Could be?

Iran is talking about using Bitcoin for oil payment. Especially with China.

The US is pulling Patriot missile systems out of Saudi Arabia while Saudi Arabia is cosying up with China.

None of this looks good for the 'petrodollar'.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »

Dennis.. how high can the debt go before something will have to change?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

Dennis.. how high can the debt go before something will have to change?

IMO, we passed that point at 23 trillion debt which does not count the Federal Reserve printing frenzy.  https://www.usdebtclock.org/

See what Mike Maloney has to say here: https://youtu.be/Xqq9cEJWZ_c

But we still have the petrodollar and as bad as it is in the US, most of the rest of the world is worse off.

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:11 PM »

The money we owe on our loans.

We are good up until the day the bond holder learns that we can't make payments and they come here to take possession of their property as promised in the bond agreement. That is when China and Germany and Brazil become our land lords and raise the rent as high as they please.

Of course we can refuse to move out and challenge them in court, but ...?

Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »

I agree Bob. The most important thing holding us together is trust/confidence in the dollar. If/when that goes all bets are off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.