bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conference meeting via Zoom  (Read 4120 times)

Rocco

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Conference meeting via Zoom
« on: April 23, 2020, 02:25:11 AM »

Is there any interest in scheduling a Conference Call using Zoom? They have a free app and would allow up to 100 participants at a time. I watched my granddaughter use Zoom for a virtual classroom with her teacher and classmates and thought it was pretty cool. If there is enough interest and with approval from Dennis ( Dennis or his choice would moderate) this could be fun. Feed back please

Rocky
Sacramento, CA

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Conference meeting via Zoom
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »

I don't have a problem with it but I will most likely not participate.

Just make sure you have the latest version of Zoom. They have recent security issues.

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »

Hello Rocco,
Could it work from France? I am interested in this zoom conference but am afraid it wouldn’t work from this coin of the world? You surely know better I guess...😅

Rocco

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »

I'll have to look into it. I just heard about Zoom in the past few weeks, it's gotten some bad press because of its owned by the Chinese, but so is about 90% of everything else we use. There are also some issues with security and hacking. I'll register an account and you can too and we'll give a try. I'll get back ASAP
Thx

Rocco

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »

Zoom is worldwide, seems similar to skype. Free to sign up using your email & date of birth. Once you get an account we can pick a time and try it out. Let me know via email rhyde2020@gmail.com when you get it set up. The meetings are 40 minutes max for 3 to 100 people. But just 2 people there is no time limit. Is France just one timezone? You can let me know which town in France via email. I'm in Sacramento, California. (US Pacific time) I'm setting up a world-clock app on my laptop as well.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 11:37:17 PM »

I've been working 7 days a week, towards 70 hours total, so it's not likely I'd be able to attend.  However, I'd like to be aware of a time just in case.  Up to you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rocco

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 03:43:25 AM »

depending on who/where would like to join I'll try to accommodate with the best time. east coast is 3 hrs ahead and France is 9 hrs. I'm thinking 11am pacific time 2pm eastern and 8pm in France. If that works we can try for this Sunday May 3rd. You will need to register with Zoom and email me with that same email address and I can set it up. 3 or more participants is 40 minute max for conference. 

All who are interested please register with Zoom and email me at rhyde2020@gmail.com

Rocco

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:08 AM »

Had our first Zoom meeting today. Just two of us + the Lord. Prune from France and me in California. Talked for almost 2 hrs Started at 11am my time and 8pm in France. Because there was only two people on the call we had unlimited time with 3 or more its 40 min time limit on the free service. I was impressed with the quality of the sound and video. By the way you do  not have to be on video if you prefer or even speak you can mute both speaker and video and just listen. We plan on meeting again next Sunday the 10th 11am pacific time if anyone would like join email me at rhyde2020@gmail.com and I will send you the password to join a few minutes before start time. If you will please include you name and location ( first name and city) also download zoom app.

Rocky

Extol

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 12:35:31 AM »

Thanks for the update, I was just logging on to ask how it went. I am not a technology "fan" so didn't want to participate, but I was still interested in the proceedings. Perhaps I can figure out how to do it next time. :)

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »

I prayed that it would go well.  Glad to see it did!

Prune Soleiado

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »

What a great joy it is to have been able to talk via zoom with one of my brother from this BT Family 🙏 I don’t get any occasion to talk about our Father in Christ where I live, so this zoom conference is a blessing, I thank God in the name of Jesus for putting in Rocky’s heart this wonderful idea! Let’s gather together next Sunday, as few as we are,  in this difficult period of time, turning ourselves toward Our Father in Christ.
(PS: Rocky, I hope my french accent wasn’t too much of a problem 🤣)

“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” – Matthew 18:20

Rocco

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 01:04:34 AM »

I really enjoyed the time too. The technology today is incredible. I had no problem understanding you and for someone who speaks so many languages as you do I hope my Cal-Tex version of English was not a problem for you. Looking forward to next Sunday and hope others will join as well.

Brother In Christ
Rocky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.