bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do ?  (Read 4465 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
What would you do ?
« on: July 09, 2020, 02:04:44 AM »

Let's just say that anarchy is coming to America. Let's just say that we are closer to tribulation than we may have thought.  Do you defend yourself ? Do you protect your family with force if the police aren't coming to help you ? They are pounding down the door.  They carjacked you on the street.  What would You do? And why ?

Rocco

Re: What would you do ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 04:58:12 AM »

Good questions, I've been thinking about this for months. I spend a lot of time in Oakland, San Francisco and even my hometown of Sacramento is really becoming lawless. I drove to my oldest son's house in southern California for the 4th of July weekend and debated in my mind about bringing my handgun knowing I would have to drive through LA. I decided not to bring it and was reminded just today that Unless the Lord builds the house or guards the city anything we do is in vain. I tried to find the quote from Ray when he was responding to a critical question about using force to defend yourself home or family but I couldn't find it. If I remember correctly he said that these are rare and unexpected events that the Lord will give us the wisdom and strength we need in the moment.
 I just opened an email from my father in law who lives in a small town just north of San Antonio, TX. He served two tours in Vietnam and has never shown any interest in guns and as far as I know never kept any in his home. This is the last paragraph of the email

When I was a kid, teenager, had a shot gun, hunted rabbits at the house on the edge of town. Almost shot Jim in the Leg. After the military, I had no interest in hunting or killing anything, and have never had any interest in a firearm. But, I have been confronted twice in parking lots by Leftist about being pro-life and wearing a Vets for Trump T-shirt. I welcome a debate, but all they do is scream, yell epithets, FU.. With the Communist/Marxist/Progressives becoming more violent in the street, Our little town has a contingency plan to counter rioting, burning, and looting, volunteers will probably be needed to support the small police department, it is probably time now to lock and load. This is the USA? This not about Trump, Blacks, this is desire to turn the country into Venezuela, Cuba...

Love to all,

Miller’s

Sounds like he has had a change of attitude. Thanks Octoberose for bringing this up. I'm really interested in what BT folks have to say

Rocky

ZekeSr

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »

I don’t know if I read it or heard Ray say it. But I do remember him mentioning something on more than one occasion. I do remember him talking about Mat 5:39 
But I say to you, do not resist evil. But whoever shall strike you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Ray said something to the effect that Jesus said if someone strikes YOU, but did not mention if someone strikes a loved one. Not that he meant it was necessarily an implication, but there are grey areas precise to the moment. Also, I believe he expressed how we can never truly predict how we will act until a situation arises. And he cited Peter’s actions as a prime example.
I know this is far from a cut-and-dried answer, and If I am not remembering this accurately, someone please correct me.

Mike

Doug

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »

My nephew is a police Sargent in a large county outside of Baltimore. He said his department no longer has their backs. They respond slower and over look certain crimes only intervening when necessary. Concerned about losing ammunity and having law suites served against police. Some cities are now investigating the police during the riots. In Virginia the state legislature is considering making assault of police as a misdomener. Politicians are defunding police department budgets. It sure looks as if the anarchy is winning.

Mike, that is what I remembered Ray saying as well. After I read that sold my gun and even in these times have no plans on buying a gun. Comfortable with leaving in God’s hands. Not going to do but there are non lethal ways to help protect such as pepper spray gun.

Are we in the beginning of the end of this age? Not sure but things have changed so rapidly it is breathtaking. Remember the days even when in my 20’s that did not lock my door all the time.

Doug

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »

If it's the Lord's will, move away from any population centers and either into the "sticks", or into a community that has a strong police presence. I have noticed an increase in patrols in my small town subdivision, and am grateful.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »

good morning folks,
I have an associated thought.
If you need to use lethal force...does that affect your salvation in any way?
Bob

ZekeSr

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 04:06:33 PM »

good morning folks,
I have an associated thought.
If you need to use lethal force...does that affect your salvation in any way?
Bob

If God knows the end from the beginning, then I would suppose it to already be an integral part of your salvation.

Mike

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 04:27:26 PM »

I'd do one thing that everybody will do.  I would do what the content and character of my heart at the moment dictates.  For out of the HEART springs... 

I'd also at least hope to do one thing that not everybody will do.  I would not tell anybody that does not need to know. 

I have no allies in and of the world.  None?  No, not one.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:52:41 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »

If the situation was so simple as.. “a man is going to kill my family unless I kill him first” then I think the right thing/the good thing would be to kill him.

That’s if your question was “what would be the right thing to do”

But your question is “what would you do” and no one can say for certain what they would do until they’ve done it. Lest we be like Peter declaring that he would die before denying Christ.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 12:28:56 AM »

Hi,
I was referring to people who at least believe that they are operating out of an indwelling spirit of God.
At the time Peter made his choice, caused choice, he was not yet having the holy spirit which came at Pentecost Yes, no?
I have always believed that Peter's example was given to us to teach a lesson about human weakness and later lessons were given to teach how the 12 conducted themselves under the influence of God's spirit.

Comments are welcome, Bob

zander

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »

Here in the UK, many of us are watching intently on what is happening in the US.  It does indeed seem that the country is on the brink of civil war.  Look, I am someon who believes that the entire political system is Satanic and run by evil spirits who only want power.  I have no horses in this race but they will do everything they can to deny a re-election of Trump and I can see uprisings happening later this year.

Ultimately, with government tyranny seemingly on the horizon, how do you resist?  DO you allow people to forcibly remove you from society for not taking a vaccination for example?  Another thread on here talks of following government orders  - but if govt orders are telling you to poison yourself and others - are you really going to do it?

The world has changed in the blink of an eye since March.  I am now thinking about how to survive.  And I am not the only one, trust me.

lareli

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 08:56:01 PM »

Hi,
I was referring to people who at least believe that they are operating out of an indwelling spirit of God.
At the time Peter made his choice, caused choice, he was not yet having the holy spirit which came at Pentecost Yes, no?
I have always believed that Peter's example was given to us to teach a lesson about human weakness and later lessons were given to teach how the 12 conducted themselves under the influence of God's spirit.

Comments are welcome, Bob

Bob we are all referring to people ‘who at least’ believe they are operating out of an indwelling of Gods spirit. Obviously. I can’t tell exactly what you’re implying perhaps you can clarify..

To answer your first question though..

What if not using lethal force to stop someone from killing your family affected your salvation.. has the spirit of God never used lethal force to protect His people?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »

Here in the UK, many of us are watching intently on what is happening in the US.  It does indeed seem that the country is on the brink of civil war.  Look, I am someon who believes that the entire political system is Satanic and run by evil spirits who only want power.  I have no horses in this race but they will do everything they can to deny a re-election of Trump and I can see uprisings happening later this year.

Ultimately, with government tyranny seemingly on the horizon, how do you resist?  DO you allow people to forcibly remove you from society for not taking a vaccination for example?  Another thread on here talks of following government orders  - but if govt orders are telling you to poison yourself and others - are you really going to do it?

The world has changed in the blink of an eye since March.  I am now thinking about how to survive.  And I am not the only one, trust me.

We have a rule here about NO Politics  - Everyone please adhere this rule.

Porter

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 08:05:53 AM »

octoberose, I was strongly under the impression that the Saints of God are in tribulation now, and have been since Jesus walked the earth in the flesh. According to Ray, tribulation ends at the re-appearing of Christ, while at the same time, wrath begins at the re-appearing of Christ.

https://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm

One other major point: Clearly this verse and others show that Christ returns " after the tribulation of those days." "But in those days, after the tribulation... shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His Elect..." (Mark 13:24 & 27). 

And Jesus is said to come in wrath:

"...hide us from the face of Him that sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great day of His wrath is come..." (Rev. 6:16-17)

"And the seventh angel sounded... [the seventh trump is the last trump, I Cor. 15:52] ...and Thy wrath is come..." (Rev. 11:18)

The days of "great tribulation" end at Christ's presence, and the day of "His wrath" begins at His presence. They are two separate and different events, and different judgments on different people for different purposes. If you have not seen or do not understand the absolute differences in Scripture between tribulation and affliction versus wrath and indignation, then be sure to read my ten-page section dealing with it in detail, in my paper "Exposing the Secret Rapture Theory."

Tribulation is almost exclusively administered to God's people. And just to remove any and all doubts concerning this, we will now cite every Scripture on tribulation in the entire Bible:

As to what I'd do in a situation like you've described? I haven't a clue, aside from praying for mercy for all those involved.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Porter

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 08:10:53 AM »

Bob and lareli, isn't everyone saved eventually? It is judgment that stands between us and salvation am I right? What ever we do, right or wrong, we will be judged, everyone in their own order. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:16:11 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 02:16:32 AM »

hi Porter,

I may not be understanding as well as others about judgment, but here is my grasp of the situation.
Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins. The sins of all people.
That being the case then judgment does not stand between us and salvation.
Salvation through God's grace is a given when one believes in it by having our eyes opened by a gift of God.
The purpose of "judgment" is to "evaluate" our conduct in life and reward us accordingly.
1 Cor 3:11-16

Porter

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 10:18:16 AM »

You aint wrong Bob and we are in agreement with what judgment means. To me Jesus is the Judgment, seeing how no one comes to God except through Jesus.

Gen 3:24  He drove man out, and east of the garden of Eden He stationed cherubim with a flaming, whirling sword to guard the way to the tree of life.

Remember when Ray explained how Jesus and the Elect make up the lake of fire? Well, when it's time for the world to be judged, they are gonna have to go through Jesus and Elect that guards the way to life. Flaming sword, tree of life, lake of fire, tribulation and judgment, it's all One.

So yes, Jesus died for everyone, but there still remains the process of judgment, repentance and cleansing. Even the demons believe, but they have no works of the spirit.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:22:02 AM by Porter »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »

But judgement in this life is not a walk-in-the-park: https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »

I plan on avoiding trouble at all costs, but if it comes seeking me out then i do plan on defending myself with lethal force.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.