> General Discussions

Obeying Civil Authorities

(1/5) > >>

greenef:
Hi All
Did Ray write anything on this subject? I have yet to find anything on it, please help!
Thanks,
Frank

nshan:
Hey here's one email I found + verses:
https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,4645.msg35676.html#msg35676

Acts 5:29 - Obey God rather than men   [in the email above]
Romans 13 - Submission to authorities

I believe there are a few more emails or stuff in the Lake of Fire series but I can't find them now

Rocco:
I've been thinking about this issue quite a bit over the last few weeks with all the negative and harmful consequences of this lockdown, especially with what appears to be ever changing and conflicting actions we should take and the double standards applied to certain businesses. As everyone who wants to follow the Lord I have to check my natural instinct and prayerfully seek the Lords command on this or any issue. I read Romans 13 but still not clear ( or satisfied ) on when or how civil disobedience might be appropriate, then today it came to me how my emotions especially anger were directing my thoughts as I see the economic devastation. I believe the spirit of Christ reminded me of Joseph. Joseph with his pregnant wife Mary could have said to heck with that pagan foreign ruler Cesar Augustus I'm not traveling to Bethlehem for his stupid census, and we could still be waiting for a Messiah to this day. 

indianabob:

--- Quote from: Rocco on May 17, 2020, 10:02:05 PM ---I've been thinking about this issue quite a bit over the last few weeks with all the negative and harmful consequences of this lockdown, especially with what appears to be ever changing and conflicting actions we should take and the double standards applied to certain businesses. As everyone who wants to follow the Lord I have to check my natural instinct and prayerfully seek the Lords command on this or any issue. I read Romans 13 but still not clear ( or satisfied ) on when or how civil disobedience might be appropriate, then today it came to me how my emotions especially anger were directing my thoughts as I see the economic devastation. I believe the spirit of Christ reminded me of Joseph. Joseph with his pregnant wife Mary could have said to heck with that pagan foreign ruler Cesar Augustus I'm not traveling to Bethlehem for his stupid census, and we could still be waiting for a Messiah to this day.

--- End quote ---

Hi Rocco,
That is an interesting view of how Joseph may have felt personally about the risk for himself and Mary...but God had already set the time and date of Jesus' appearance on the earth and Joseph had no choice about it any more than Mary had a choice to be the mother of Jesus.
I suppose that we should follow the same approach and let God lead us rather than wondering if we can handle the tasks that God has in mind for each of us.

Regarding the virus and other similar events that are yet to come, have you noticed that the whole nation just obeyed the edict to shut down and remain in their homes? Not even questioning where their next meal would come from. Blindly obeying the talking heads on the main stream media.

I'm reminded of a passage that says "they will be marrying and giving in marriage" and that may apply here. The people of all the world's nation are mainly sheep being led by their respective governments and they just follow along with their lives according to habit and into the pit wherever they are directed. So when the beast power takes control in Jerusalem it seems to me that the great majority will just go along to get along, not knowing what is about to happen until it happens.
=
Only true believers will even recognize the end time events for what they are. Most will treat it like another natural catastrophe.

Just my personal view, Indiana Bob

octoberose:
 Thank you Indiana for that reply. 
 I struggle with all of this too but like you all  I'm reminded that fear and anger are not the response of Godly people.  But then I struggle-  what is wisdom in this situation ?
 In the U.S. ( note to self "this is not political " it is just history) the government is made by and for the people.   So, what then is our responsibility ? Is it to vote and shut-up?  Is it to be  a rational voice?  I'm certain it is not to yell and protest and throw things and say hateful things.  But having a rational discourse about science and rights seems like something we can do.  Well, this is all of God and it's very hard for me to think this is not what Christ spoke about , MAT.24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
MAT.24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
  It certainly feels like that to me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version