bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obeying Civil Authorities  (Read 6621 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Obeying Civil Authorities
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 04:59:34 PM »

So God is allowing them to degenerate also as a punishment on wrong behavior.

Kind of, but God directs all things. Example:

Ecclesiastes 1:13 (CLV)

I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Also see this thread started a few days ago: https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,17340.0.html

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »

Here's a little more that dawned on me this morning.  Magistrates, kings, rulers (and society in general) may give honors for other things to people who do any or all of the things listed as deeds of the flesh in spite of that.  But Magistrates, kings, rulers (and society in general) do not give honors FOR the doing of those things.  I've seen serial adulterers receive honors...but I've never seen anyone honored FOR ADULTERY!

When we start seeing Award Shows with titles like "Murderer of the Year" then maybe we can say with certainty that Magistrates, kings, rulers (and society in general) are not terrors to evil.  The worst we can say right now is that they are ineffective too often, and ultimately unable to change hearts. 

It might be tolerated, ignored, and/or snickered at.  But it is never honored.  What is "looked up to" are traits of the fruit of the Spirit.  The whole of creation is even now groaning for the unveiling of the manifest sons of God.  Are they aching for the likes of me to show up?  Or are they "groaning" because they see me coming?  Are they fed up with counterfeit "sons of god" and self-proclaimed substitutes?  I pity those without faith, because that's the best they can "hope" for.  Any wise among them has already rejected them, even at the cost of rejecting faith altogether. 

But, He came to seek and to save the Lost.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 10:30:44 PM »

I read 2 Tim 2:4 a time ago, and I got real peace in my heart in that it placed me in a different role to the world. 

"4No one going as a soldier entangles himself with the affairs of life, that he may please him who has enlisted him as a soldier."

The New International version states "4No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs"

We have been enlightened by the truth and should no longer be concerned with what is happening in the world.  Everything is happening exactly the way it is meant to.

Col 3:7 "You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world."

And also, Ephesians 2:2 "2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient."

We need to walk in newness of life and pray for a renewal of our minds too regarding the leaders/affairs of this world.  Jesus is our Sovereign leader. 

Isiah 9:6 For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

How wonderful His provisions for us who have to walk in this life until we either die or He comes again!

Col 2:26-17 "16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ" - the substance is in Christ. The reality is found in Christ.

Matt 11:28 "28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"

Love
Heidi

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2020, 08:50:20 AM »

Evening,

Depends on how you see things and where you live , i have allready a year and 1/2 ago  been through something like this Virus , not on the same scale yet it was a virus brought in from Australia and would have major detail for us 250  people at camp,  we contained the virus  to 9 people so i have lived in it and we were able to be safe 6 months before 40 young lads were at the  same place as we were and 20 went down  so the camp was shut down  they did not have the how to handle the issue.

so our Jacinda Ardern our MP  and helpers have done a fantastic job in doing what they have  sorry i do not go along with the herd mentality or  of a flock of sheep just following order,s my some minister of state  if you track our record of how we have fared youll soon see this woman got it right, and for get the politic,s out of it  she did what we did to keep every one safe , remember 400 million died with other detail going back many years  plaque,s and other Virus,s  this one has been around for 1000,s of years. so whats new, and it wont be going away,

yes we had a  few idiots as normal and bad mouthing  yet funny as they complained yet did nothing to help  wonder why.

I am so very pleased Jacinda  is a woman and did what she needed to. only a fool would not back her up.
and i would gladly stand by her,

...noeleena...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 08:53:29 AM by noeleena »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.