bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my enemy all of my famly members?  (Read 3298 times)

loveroftruth

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Is my enemy all of my famly members?
« on: May 26, 2020, 02:13:31 PM »

Good Morning brethren.  After learning of these new truths back in @2005 ( years ago), I have tried to live out all of these changes needed to be in alignment with the Word. It has of course, been a struggle, to say the least, in many areas. However, the one area that has continued to be a struggle for me is my 'family'.

In looking closely at my 'family'/blood relatives, some are believers that are of the religious type and tend to be tolerant of my new-found religious changes, yet they don't believe in them, while others can be very verbally rude to me at times; then I have some family members whom are unbelievers/pagans - who use me? and come around only when they need something from me.  Of course, there are none who actually believe as I do (all that's written in BT's other than my ex, and I do not care to spend quality time with him, since he has yet to repent of what caused us to divorce after 24 yrs of marriage...so I can't fully trust him)… But, in their eyes, they 'love' me; but in my eyes, I feel that I have been used and verbally abused by them.  The weird thing is, is that the pagans seem to be more spiritually-minded than the religious ones. Then again, the one person who does know these BT's, does not live like an elect person ought to live, so there is no fellowship there...

it's hard for me to write off family, even when they are using me... I forgive them each time. But I am just tired of being disrespected.

I find it very difficult to separate myself from all of them (as many are very needy in many ways and they depend on me in many ways).  How do I separate myself with those who I am spiritually unequally yoked with?  As they want to come around me at times that only benefits them/ulterior motives...?  Y

et, I am lonely for relationships that are based on real biblical truths and real Godly love...and I do not fully trust anyone whom is living less that the whole truth...I know that "to whom much is given, much is expected"; and it is quite 'much' for me to live a life of knowing these truths but not having anyone face to face to relate or share them with... :(

clear as mud, lol??  Any input?
thank you,
Susan
Susan (Lover of truth)

Our mission in life is to learn how to love everyone. :)

Rocco

Re: Is my enemy all of my famly members?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »

My situation is similar though maybe not as frustrating. I have 2 of 3 of my adult children living with me and my wife along with a 7 yr old granddaughter. We really have some explosive arguments at times especially when my daughter hits the booze. Now with this lockdown we are together most of the time and it can add to the tension. I lose it sometimes because the sin that so easily besets me is wrathful anger. I not only want the finished product of perfection in Christ NOW I demand it in my family. As Ray would say thats "Wrong Paleface" . The shame I feel after an explosion is deep and the repentance is real but the fear of re-occurrence is real too. The Lord will gently remind me of my past and his patience with me. My daughter is so much like me and how I was with the beer drinking and other things I sense in the spirit that this is the Lords way of having me show the same grace and long suffering he has and is showing to me. I'ts hard emotional and even depressing at times but necessary. Ray said our life is like a giant oak tree it starts so small and grow very slow. This verse helps:
 Phl 1:6

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

FYI I host a zoom meeting every Sunday 11am PST if you would like to join. So far it been Prune from France and myself but its a real blessing to talk face to face even through cyberspace.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »

As Ray said in this paper, this is not ONLY about marriage, but there's good stuff in here for your situation(s).

https://bible-truths.com/yoked.htm

The second I would recommend is this one:

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,3719.0.html

No doubt there is some overlap in how you might deal with these various situations and relationships.  I'm not sure I would just simply "classify" any individual as an "enemy" as opposed to a "neighbor" or some other designation.  Neighbors can be enemies at times...even loved ones can be enemies at times.  That doesn't mean they are only and always acting as enemies.  So parsing the various commandments may not always be straight-forward and mistakes can (and likely will) be made.  Love covers a multitude of sins.

I have a rather small circle of "close associates".  None of them believe as I do, but most are believers.  They are tolerant to my face (and I have no reason to think they are otherwise behind my back), but they just. don't. get. it.  And I just. don't. press. it.  I don't blame them.  Though I despise their doctrine, I once believed it.  I don't really "wish" on anybody the changes that have to come before they can vomit that out, if it weren't for the reward of peace which follows.  Anyway, they are honest, compassionate, and caring in their day to day public lives.  Their good qualities put mine to shame, and I struggle with more "bad qualities" than they do, for the most part.  Jesus came to seek and to save that (those) which (that) is (are) lost.

Anyway, I love them all and am convinced they love me as well.  That much is just not hard.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 04:33:28 PM »

It seems that the life circumstances I find myself in are meant to try me, to test me, even grind me to "powder" till there's hardly anything left. It gets tiring, sometimes I completely lose hope as I fail constantly in my heart and mind. It's then I remember, I stand or fall to and because of God. Then I wonder, am I being broken, or being grounded to powder?

Your post Susan, reminds me of 'the parable of the weeds'.

Mat 13:24  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26  But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Our spiritual enemy is the devil, as our warfare is spiritual.

Mat 13:36  Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat 13:37  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat 13:39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Is the following verse the one you are referring to Susan?

Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

If Jesus only ever taught in parables, then Mat. 10:36 shouldn't be literal. Unless this is one of those times it is actually literal. I mean, who doesn't or hasn't fought and squabbled with their family?

2Ti 2:20  But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

2Ti 2:20 sounds like 'the parable of the weeds' is possibly a witness for Mat 10:36. Just food for thought, I could be wrong and welcome correction.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Joel

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 01:23:58 PM »

The way I see it Jesus answered your question in these verses;

Luke 12:49-53 Amplified Bible
  I have come to cast fire (judgement) on the earth; and how I wish that it were already kindled!
I have a baptism [of great suffering] with which to be baptized, and how [greatly] I am distressed until it is accomplished!
  Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division [between believers and unbelievers];
For from now on five in one household will be divided [over me], three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Joel

loveroftruth

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »

Wow brothers. I read each and every link and scripture that you offered here. It has helped me tons... and it helped me to put my relationships into perspective much better, as each scenario fits my situation perfectly. Such treasures here...THANKYOU. :)  ALL of your points are very valid and helpful. You guys are all amazing. It's very refreshing to have brothers in Christ who are actually walking the walk, not just talking the talk... :D  thank you again.  Blessings!!
Susan (Lover of truth)

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 10:39:39 PM »

Hi Susan,

Like many others of us I have tried to share my understanding with the hope of benefiting my friends or relatives.
I can tell you from personal experience that it never works. If someone is called of God in this age they will be after you constantly to learn and share and perhaps debate difficult issues.
Please just give up teaching your beloved family and live your life as an example of an imperfect person doing your best to cope with the challenges of life that we all face.
=
You should of course be ready to give an answer for the faith that keeps you living an example, for any that ask of you. That brief question though does not call for a teaching lesson of all that you have spent years learning under the guidance of God's spirit.
=
Here below is what Jesus had to say about your special calling.

=
Who Is the Greatest?
Mar 9:33  And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way? 
Mar 9:34  But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. 
Mar 9:35  And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all. 
Mar 9:36  And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, 
Mar 9:37  Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. 
=
Anyone Not Against Us Is for Us
Mar 9:38  And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 
Mar 9:39  But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 
Mar 9:40  For he that is not against us is on our part. 
Mar 9:41  For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward. 

see also Luke 9:50

God has called us into a difficult work in preparation for the next age.
If God wanted to put that kind of burden on others that you know, God would have made it obvious.
The information we share is available to anyone who has been motivated by God to seek it out.

Hoping that my comments help a little. Indiana Bob

loveroftruth

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:47:15 AM »

Hi IndianaBob. Yes, absolutely your insight has helped me to go through today with meat to chew on,  ;D  You are so right, we are called to live the example, to understand that this life is a huge trial to live the most loving that we possibly can.  Others will not understand us, that is for sure. I like how you reminded me to not overdo it when asked just one simple question (I KNOW that the spirit told you to tell me that, b/c I actually got to share a tiny bit with my stepdaughter the other day, and the spirit had to shut my mouth from acting like a fanatic, lol.) 

I just struggle with the scripture that states that we are to not associate with unbeliever's… which MOST of my family are... :'(f when they want to spend time with me...in my home, where it is quite obvious that I am a God worshipper...)

It is exciting to know that we have a much higher calling than just making it through the struggles of this world. Hopefully, we here at BT will be able to help rule and reign righteousness in the world in the future  :D :D :D

You have much wisdom, my friend. 

THANKS AGAIN!  :)

Susan
Susan (Lover of truth)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.