bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 24  (Read 3038 times)

zander

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Isaiah 24
« on: June 14, 2020, 07:32:27 AM »

My apologies first.

I know this passage has been covered before but I haven't found the answers to the questions I have about it.

Does this passage denote "the end of the world"?

Now, I don't mean end of the world as in, the world is going to disappear.  What I mean, is, does this planet basically burn up?  10 years ago, I would have read this passage and thought, this seems like hundreds of years away.  Right now, I am reading it and thinking actually, over the past few years, this wouldn't surprise me if it was talking about a nuclear war.  The US and Russia are at loggerheads.  You have other nations fighting it out.  Nuclear war for me, would fit right in to what this passage talks about.

And so this then got me asking: Do you think this is the moment when Jesus comes again? 

My other question is: Someone on this forum a long while back said Jesus would appear and we would see him.  But I am confused.  If Jesus is no longer physical how do we "see him"?  Even if he comes as a bright light - that is still physically seeing him, isn't it?

To be honest, I have questions as long as my arm about the scriptures, even after Ray's comprehensive teachings.  I just couldn't possibly ask them all in a forum.  So I have been selective.  Any help on this would be welcome.
Many Thanks & appreciations.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Isaiah 24
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »

My other question is: Someone on this forum a long while back said Jesus would appear and we would see him.  But I am confused.  If Jesus is no longer physical how do we "see him"?  Even if he comes as a bright light - that is still physically seeing him, isn't it?

Jesus was a spirit, became lower than the angels, died and had his glory returned to him.

Heb 1:4  Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 

Heb 2:9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 

Joh 17:1  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 

Joh 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 

We can see angels, so we will be able to see Jesus. 

Gen 19:1  And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

Dan 9:21  Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

Joel

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »

This is the first thought that came to mind;

Revelation 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him: and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Joel

Porter

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:15:38 PM »

Many are called, few are chosen. It's all one. Isaiah is like the Revelation of the Old Testament. That passage in Isaiah sounds like judgment with an emphasis on the many called.

Here Ray explains the three realms in which humanity dwells.

https://bible-truths.com/lake13.html
 SEA, EARTH, AND HEAVEN

There are three realms spoken of in Revelation: sea, earth, and heaven:

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the SEA and upon the EARTH lifted up his hand to HEAVEN, and swore by Him that lives for ever and ever, [for the eons of the eons] , who created HEAVEN, and the things that therein are, and the EARTH, and the things that therein are, and the SEA, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer [no longer a time of delay] " (Rev. 10:5-6).

The angels [messengers] of God communicate things from heaven to both the earth and the sea:

"And the voice which I heard from heaven spoke unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the ANGEL which stands upon the sea and upon the earth" (Rev. 10: 8) .

There are three realms of humanity and three realms of spiritual understanding. The lowest of all is the sea. Those with at least some spiritual understanding are those who dwell in the earth. And those who have the very mind of Christ are those who dwell in heaven. ALL REALMS will give honor and glory to God:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, [need I explain that 'fish' do not have the mental capacity to comprehend what is being taught here-these are MEN, MANKIND, HUMANITY] and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and upon the Lamb for the eons of the eons" (Rev. 5:13).

Is this not saying the identical thing that Paul teaches in Phil. 2:10-11:

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, of things [them] in heaven, and things [them] in earth, and things [them] under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

More proof:

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and [inhabitants] of the sea! ..." (Rev. 12:12).

Next notice that:

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast into the earth , he persecuted the WOMAN [the Church] which brought forth the man child [the manifest sons of God] " (Rev. 12:13).

Where is the Church? Does she dwell in the spiritual realms of heaven? No. Is she located in the sea? No. She dwells in the earth. She is higher than the sea, but lower than heaven; she dwells in the earth. These are the three realms spoken of in Revelation. If we can't get our thinking above the symbols themselves, we will never ever understand the book of Revelation.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:20:06 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »

We must remember that the old testament has been written for our admonition. 

"And all these things as types did happen to those persons,  and they were written for our admonition, to whom the end of  the ages did come, 1 Corinthians:10:11"

Second witness: "for, as many things as were written before, for our  instruction were written before, that through the endurance,  and the exhortation of the Writings, we might have the hope.
Romans:15:4"

God is not leaving us in the dark with what needs to happen in the last days.  "but a certain fearful looking for of judgment, and fiery  zeal, about to devour the opposers;
Hebrews:10:27"  The KJV says a certain fearful expectation

Isaiah 24 has to do with judgement.  With Israel breaking the covenants with God. 

Heidi

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

zander

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:11:06 AM »

Thank you for your input guys.  I appreciate it.  I am still unsure about the answers to some of the questions I have but to be honest, we probably all are to some extent.  I shall continue to try and learn.

Porter

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 01:40:50 AM »

My personal opinion is that no one knows when or how the world will end. Not sure why, but I don't think it will end by nuclear war. Of course I could be wrong.

Jesus at any moment can appear, and I personally do not believe He ever left, but that He simply disappeared or became invisible again.

Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Joh 14:17  He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesn't see Him or know Him. But you do know Him, because He remains with you and will be in you.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.