bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lest they should believe and be saved  (Read 3838 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
lest they should believe and be saved
« on: July 05, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »

The bible tells us God blinds, hardens and does not give the truth "lest they should believe and be saved."

I've wanted to make a list of scriptures that show this for some time from the Old and New Testaments. Here is a start. Perhaps some of you can add to the list?

Mar 8:17  And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? 
Mar 8:18  Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? 

Joh 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 

Luk 8:10  And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luk_8:12  Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

ZekeSr

Re: lest they should believe and be saved
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »

Exo 10:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:
Exo 10:2  And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the LORD.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »

Rom.11:7- What then? Israel failed to obtain it, but the rest were hardened.

Rom.11.8- as it is written, God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see
                 and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.

2 Corth. 3:14– But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant
                       that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.

Rom.11:25— Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery
                    brothers. A partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles
                    has come in.

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

loveroftruth

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »

2Timothy 2:20

But in a great house, there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth, AND SOME ARE VESSELS OF HONOR AND SOME ARE VESSELS TO DISHONOR...

(at least the is the end result of those whose hearts have been hardened...)

Susan
Susan (Lover of truth)

Our mission in life is to learn how to love everyone. :)

ZekeSr

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 09:33:43 AM »

Isa 29:10  For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11  And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:17  Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?
Isa 29:18  And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »

Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

ZekeSr

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 08:51:29 AM »

Php 1:27  ..... stand fast in one spirit and one soul, striving together in the faith of the gospel, 
Php 1:28  and not being terrified in anything by those who oppose, which to them truly is a proof of destruction, but to you of salvation, and this from God; 

ZekeSr

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »

Mat 13:34  Jesus used stories when he spoke to the people. In fact, he did not tell them anything without using stories.
Mat 13:35  So God's promise came true, just as the prophet had said, "I will use stories to speak my message and to explain things that have been hidden since the creation of the world."
Mat 13:36  After Jesus left the crowd and went inside, his disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the story about the weeds in the wheat field."

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.