> Off Topic Discussions

What would you do ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

indianabob:
good morning folks,
I have an associated thought.
If you need to use lethal force...does that affect your salvation in any way?
Bob

ZekeSr:

--- Quote from: indianabob on July 09, 2020, 12:57:42 PM ---good morning folks,
I have an associated thought.
If you need to use lethal force...does that affect your salvation in any way?
Bob

--- End quote ---

If God knows the end from the beginning, then I would suppose it to already be an integral part of your salvation.

Mike

Dave in Tenn:
I'd do one thing that everybody will do.  I would do what the content and character of my heart at the moment dictates.  For out of the HEART springs... 

I'd also at least hope to do one thing that not everybody will do.  I would not tell anybody that does not need to know. 

I have no allies in and of the world.  None?  No, not one.

lareli:
If the situation was so simple as.. “a man is going to kill my family unless I kill him first” then I think the right thing/the good thing would be to kill him.

That’s if your question was “what would be the right thing to do”

But your question is “what would you do” and no one can say for certain what they would do until they’ve done it. Lest we be like Peter declaring that he would die before denying Christ.

indianabob:
Hi,
I was referring to people who at least believe that they are operating out of an indwelling spirit of God.
At the time Peter made his choice, caused choice, he was not yet having the holy spirit which came at Pentecost Yes, no?
I have always believed that Peter's example was given to us to teach a lesson about human weakness and later lessons were given to teach how the 12 conducted themselves under the influence of God's spirit.

Comments are welcome, Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version