bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello anybody There?  (Read 9846 times)

ZekeSr

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hello anybody There?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 02:11:26 PM »

In Australia you are required by law to vote failure to vote has a fine of $30 to $80. Double conflict right? How does his verse apply?
Mat 17:27

Mat 22:17  Therefore tell us; what do you think? Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar or not?
Mat 22:18  But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why do you tempt Me, hypocrites? 
Mat 22:19  Show Me the tribute money. And they brought a denarius to Him. 
Mat 22:20  And He said to them, Whose image and inscription is this? 

Mat 22:21 They said to Him, Caesar's. Then He said to them, Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things which are God's. 

Voting is certainly different from tribute, but since it is required, in my opinion I think Mat 22:21 still applies.

Mike

octoberose

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 03:03:37 AM »

I've never felt Ray's analogy with being an ambassador for Christ went along with the subject of voting or not voting. I have no idea what the rules of ambassadorship were in the first century, but I know a little of what they are now.  An ambassador represents his country to a another country for sure, but they also do not have to follow the laws of the country they find themselves in (though they can be kicked out of the country for bad conduct).  We, however, live as physical beings in a country and we have to obey the lawful, moral laws of our country and we quite literally pay for the goings on of our country. The UK ambassador to the US does not pay income tax to the US!   I do not for one minute think that I will thwart the will of Almighty God with my vote.  When He makes his will known  that is His will and I will humble myself to it.  But God has chosen to reveal His will by the results of a vote in the country in which I live and I will be a part of it, until my faith tells me to do otherwise.  As it stands now, I can not faithfully Not vote .
 I do not need to vote for a Savior.  I have One.  But Paul declared himself a Roman citizen and used it to his advantage.  I don't think you can read that and say, as has been said, that Paul just wanted to make sure the procedure for whipping him would be procedurally correct . Now, if Paul had denounced his Roman citizenship - which he did not- then that would add to the argument of separating himself from his country. Yes, Paul counted everything else as dung . But every achievement and position in this life is Nothing compared to knowing the Living God.
 If you don't think speaking up for any reason for any issue is a part of being a Christ follower, then don't do it.  I believe differently. 

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »

Act 5:39

But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God!”

Wow, what an amazing scripture......thanks for sharing.

Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Heidi

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 09:26:38 PM »

We are about to have our election in NZ, so the question is to vote or not to vote?

Romans 13:1-7
Submission to Authorities

(Also, 1 Peter 2:13-20)

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid {5737}; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom.
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Heidi

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 11:22:05 PM »

If you vote, it’s Gods will and if you don’t vote that also is Gods will.

Ray quote “ I will repeat this until I am blue in the face, and perchance somebody out there will say,
“Ah yes, now I get it.”

Every question I ask,,, the answer is All is of God.

That is wisdom Pamela, thanks.

Heidi

lareli

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 02:59:43 PM »

“Give us a king that he may rule over us..” 1 Sam 8:6

Obeying authority is one thing, desiring/choosing/electing authority is another. Desiring that another man should rule over me? Not just that but deciding for my neighbors that a man should rule over them? Not sure about any of that.. voting feels like I’m uniting myself to a body of other people and that feels gross.

Edit: feels like I’m uniting myself to a body of people for the purpose of imposing our will over another body of people.. That’s what feels gross. Or rude at the very least.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:46:07 PM by lareli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

octoberose

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 02:41:36 AM »

Ok , then I will be one of the people who choose for you .  You’re welcome .

octoberose

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 03:01:16 AM »

That didn’t come across very nice .  I’ll try again .  Do you choose anything at all for other people ?  A teacher chooses quite a lot for their students , someone else chooses the curriculum , the guys in industry decide what you will buy , what is available and what color it’s in . My son in law sources the beef for a major grocery chain . His decisions affect your table .  I’ve known commanding generals that decide on how the defense of this country is implemented .  Etc, etc , etc , And yes , all under the direction and Hand of their creator .  We are a part of each other’s experience .  Some in big ways , some in little bitty ways .
 I really am trying to love my neighbor as myself in this regard so people won’t needlessly suffer . But truly I fear we are at a crisis point and God is  bringing this age to an end before too long .

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »

I really am trying to love my neighbor as myself in this regard so people won’t needlessly suffer . But truly I fear we are at a crisis point and God is  bringing this age to an end before too long .

As far as loving your neighbor you may want to listen to this again: https://youtu.be/PT7CANf88VY

lareli

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »

Ok , then I will be one of the people who choose for you .  You’re welcome .

You will be only one of many who band together as one voice to impose your will on your neighbors.. as others band together to do the same to you. You will do as the Lord has decided you will do. And I will do as the Lord has decided I will do and that is to be a witness in these times, and not to take a side in the civil war that is taking place.

Families are hating (murdering) each other, lifelong friends are hating (murdering) each other.. parents against children, brothers against brothers.. members of the same house

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

lareli

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »

Yea, the time cometh that whosoever killeth you will think they doeth God service

Heidi

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 07:05:40 PM »

Excerpt from Ray's paper on Love:

"A couple of things, I have a very important note here: There are two kinds of love, for two kinds of people. LOVE is what God is!

It is a love that has the welfare of all others at heart, regardless of how evil they are or how badly they may treat us. It is the kind of love that the good Samaritan showed for the man who was wounded by the side of the road, when he was befalled by robbers. They beat the living daylights out of him. You know the Levite came by, the Priest came by and they said, 'that’s to bad, look at that, he’s bleeding to death' and went on their way. 

Then a Samaritan came by. He used a Samaritan because they despised the Samaritans. The Samaritans were of the northern tribe of Israelites. So the good Samaritan came by and he tended to him. He bound up his wounds; carried him to the village; put him under the hospices of somebody there. He had someone take care of him, nurse him back to health and here is money and 'I’ll be back in a week or two and I’ll stop by to see if you need more money and I’ll give you more money.'

Now that is agapao love. That’s not phileo love, that’s not brotherly love, that’s agapao love."

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:39 PM »

Thankyou Heidi
I listened to this audio last night. It is most excellent and deep.
Especially the part when we step out of Sunday School.
It reminds me of Guilty of All paper. Can we look to the end
and understand that we will love what we all will come to be?
Yes,  only by the grace of God and faith.
I know it sure doesn’t look like it now, this world is
a pigpen full of beasts, but the process of change is
Our Gods amazing strange works that will lead us
and all mankind to salvation. He will make it happen, yes indeed.
I wonder if Paul got a glimpse of the end🤔 and that’s why he got a thorn.🤔
I don’t want a thorn 😬 I don’t need a glimpse Lord. I think I got it
and the Lord says “ I’ll tell you when you got it”.  I remember Ray teaching
us that.
May God fill us with all His love, both  agapao and philio .
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so.
In Christ, Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Heidi

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 04:26:13 PM »

Hi Pamela,

I believe Paul got more than just a glimpse of what is in store for us  :D  I remember Ray once saying that he believes because Paul believed.   I meditated on it for a while and think that what Ray said is spot on.

Here we have a guy that was so zealous for God.  Like Iareli said.  Killing in the name of God and believing he was doing God work.  And then a complete 180 degree turn around!

Something happened to him......Something life changing and life altering.  His thorn in the flesh I believe kept him humble.

Love to all
Heidi
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:54:07 PM by Heidi »

Rocco

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 01:37:25 AM »

Its nice to read these recent posts about loving our enemies especially since it affirms what the Lord has been doing in my own walk. One Lord One Spirit. Jesus said "offences MUST happen" so most humans in every generation will remain Beasts until being changed through the lake of fire judgments. What helps me love ( agapao ) these disgusting foul-mouth hypocritical corrupt haters of Christ is that they only exist because our Father has ordained it to be so and these people are us our kin our blood, humanity. These beast MUST BE and I'm glad they exist so I no longer have to be one myself. So next time you want to hate one of these creeps you might want to walk up and thank them instead.
In Christ's spirit
Rocky
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.