> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

Words Of Encouragement.

(1/2) > >>

Wanda:
A warm hello to all my brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope you are all doing well. It's been awhile but I'm always thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. My mom's condition has continued to decline as is to be expected. She doesn't really know me most days, or seem to notice much that's going on around her at this time. I spend most of my time trying to keep her engaged so she's not just sitting and being lost somewhere in her own mind.

I'm still studying as time permits, and leaning on God for the strength to hold up during this sad time. I'm sure what I'm going through is not as hard as it is for those who's parents are in nursing homes right now, because it's been over five months they haven't been allowed to visit their loved ones. I cry about this horrible situation, even though I know it's God's will. I'm feeling blessed for many reasons, in spite of everything that's going on. Everyone talks about our new norm, but my new norm began the day God opened my eyes and ears to his truth, and because he did, I've been given a peace that frees me of the fear and stress many in the world are experiencing right now, which allows me to focus on the time I have left with my mama. I know from experience, God is always with me through the good, but especially through the bad, and he always directs me to scriptures that perfectly bless me in my trials,  and they both comfort and strengthen me.

Jesus himself tells us in John 16:33  “In this world you will have tribulation [pressure, oppression, stress, adversity, affliction], but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

And the Apostle Paul tells of his experience in finding contentment in all situations.

Philippians 4: 12-13  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

My suffering and trials are nothing compared to those of Jesus or Paul, and yet I'm assured I too can obtain this same blessing of continent and strength as they both did. I am testifying to this truth from my own experiences, and no matter what I have to endure I will never do it alone. God continues to be with me every step of the way and I am blessed.

Doug:
Hi Wanda,

It is so hard seeing our parents go thru these things. It is a blessing being with your mom, the elderly in homes not seeing their loved ones is just a horrible situation. Someone told me that all relationships end in pain. Well it has occurred to me one relationship that will never end in pain is the one we have with our Lord. This gives us strength thru our afflictions and adversities.

Doug

Musterseed:
A big warm hello to you also Wanda. Kiss mama for me. She is so blessed to have you
and you her.. God Bless you my dear sister. ❤️

And may God be with us all as we wait for our Lord’ Amen

In Christ
Pamela

Rocco:
Good words Wanda
Thanks for sharing

indianabob:
Hi Wanda,

We have missed having you share your confidence in God with us. It is very helpful when you take the time to remind us of our so great salvation.
Thank you for all that you do for us and for your family.
Indiana Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version