bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Locked  (Read 3741 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Post Locked
« on: October 10, 2020, 01:39:53 AM »

I’m at a loss why the posts below are locked . Could the moderators explain ?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Post Locked
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »

I'll try, briefly.  They were locked after either a post or a link which was deemed to have violated the rules was removed.  The threads were locked "temporarily" and remained locked when our collective experience and judgement determined that further discussion was likely to produce more of the same.

I'd like to make it clear that in neither case was it a "punishment" or even an admonition to the OP's or necessarily to any other contributor to the threads.  Everybody who needed to be contacted, was.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 03:36:15 AM »

It’s upsetting to see that speech for a Godly purpose is curtailed on the forum .  We look like the world .

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 02:11:04 PM »

As a practical matter, if "we" had determined that the OP (original post) had violated the rules of the forum, the entire thread would be removed.  As you have seen, they aren't. 

I know very much what "the world" looks like.  The "world" looks an awful lot like my facebook feed.  :)   As best as we can, the rules and our "enforcement" are designed so that we DON'T look like the world (and the worldly church). 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »

I’m still at a loss why the discussion was stopped . If it was from the authors of the discussion then just say that .

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »

Octoberose,

I hope you feel better now that you have aired your grievance.  Just a reminder of a Forum Rule:

"If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment, and will get your post deleted.

Learn to use the private mail function."

Thank you for your cooperation.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »

When the BT forums first started I experimented with a board that let people say anything they wanted. It soon got out of hand and turned into a free-for-all.

Several years ago a handful members decided to start their own BT forum and it did not take long for it to also get out of control and ugly. I don't think it lasted six months.

Even now there are random posts on the Internet about L. Ray Smith by people that understand a little of what Ray teaches but are still steeped in the 'church'. They insist the world is 6,000 years old and belittle Ray's creation videos, etc. If they try that on this forum we would ask them to take a few months off and study before posting again (except for asking questions). We all started somewhere.

We've learned these rules the hard way. I hope you understand.

1Co 1:10  Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »

The post was publicly locked . I asked for a public explanation . I don’t think that’s a divisive or unreasonable request . I truly don’t understand what was offensive about the subject and why it was locked . I’ve been here for 11 years -  I’m not exactly known as a trouble maker.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 11:18:51 PM »

"Publicly" locked is a feature of the software.  We don't hang that little icon there.  They were simply locked. 

I've explained already why they were locked in the first place.  I've also explained why it was decided to leave them locked.  In addition, I've explained those decisions had nothing to do with the OP (original post) but with the direction the threads were taking, or it was "by experience" judged that they would be taking.  Every point raised--for good or ill--remains visible.  Perfectly fine (by the standards of the rules) replies followed, and more might have followed if everybody got their 2-cents in.  But "not perfectly fine" replies (by the standard of the rules) DID follow and had to be removed or altered.  This I also explained.  By "experience" we know that when it starts, it never ends well without intervention.

I understand that you don't understand.  But I can't explain it better without repeating myself.  Since I've done that with this post, I won't be explaining it again.

Many more people READ threads than reply to them.  I feel that I serve THEM.  And remember--those threads are still there!

If any member would like to take further issue, then please do as Rene has reminded and PM the moderator of your choice.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:24:51 AM by Dave in Tenn »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 11:29:23 PM »

Now...at great risk, I'm going to lock this thread about locked threads.  In a few days, it will be removed.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 11:29:31 AM »

The post was publicly locked . I asked for a public explanation . I don’t think that’s a divisive or unreasonable request . I truly don’t understand what was offensive about the subject and why it was locked . I’ve been here for 11 years -  I’m not exactly known as a trouble maker.

I want you to know I did not have you in mind - You have been here a long time and have had your share of trials.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.