bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The called of God  (Read 2551 times)

Heidi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The called of God
« on: October 12, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »

My fellow brothers and sisters,
I sit here with a smirk on my face having read a piece from a book that was written in the 1800's no less  ;D

I am compelled by the Spirit to copy it because I know that we all experience this.  Moderators, I'm not teaching or linking any material.  I believe the thoughts relate to that what Ray also said in the past.

"The called of God has seen what others see not, and he walks accordingly ; and those who see not what he has seen must think him mad ; and his failures and inconsistencies, the fruits of his unbelief in the path of faith , only make him more unintelligible.

Nevertheless the Lord knoweth them that are His. And,
much as there is for self-humiliation in the path of such,
there are eyes which can see how these very changes, and even failures, only shew more clearly that the path trodden is one, not of sight or nature, but of faith .

All this will probably appear very absurd to those who think that a walk of faith begins or is carried on from some calculations of its effects on others, or of the credit it may bring.

That inward man, which hears God's call and walks with Him , is led often it knows not whither. Scarce understanding itself, often misunderstanding its appointed way, no wonder if others misunderstand it. 

But the Lord knoweth the path of His elect ; and when He hath tried them , they shall come forth as gold"

I am also misunderstood and sometimes I understand very little. Our walk is not clear cut, its full of hurdles and turns.  But one thing I am sure of is that I would rather be seen as a madman by the world as one who follows their ways.

I rejoice that God through every generation has showed his truths.
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The called of God
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:13:39 PM »

^^This.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.