bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree of Life  (Read 3284 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Tree of Life
« on: October 17, 2020, 12:30:06 AM »

I looked up Tree of Life in our search engine and found this.  It's an old thread from Kat-

http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html -------------------

But don’t be deceived, Jesus Christ IS the "tree of life" in the Garden, and NO ONE can partake of that tree of life except he first pass the through the "FLAMING SWORD" that points in all directions and guards the tree of life. Remember, "Our God is a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).
--------------------------------------------------------

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

"Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a CROWN OF LIFE" (Rev. 2:10). "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE [eternal, immortal life]" (Rev. 2:7), "He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11), "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give POWER OVER THE NATIONS" (Rev. 2;26), "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [righteousness] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life [Christ is the book of life] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Rev. 3:5), "Him that overcomes will I make a PILLAR [a main and vital support in the very government of Almighty God] IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD…" (Rev. 3:12), "To him that overcomes will I grant to SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE, even as I also overcame [see John 16:33], and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev. 3:21).
-----------------------------------------------------------

This is me again-   I've been trying to contemplate these verses.  I can't even imagine  Jesus Himself standing there and the flames  guarding Him, and no one could get to Him. And then I wonder if Rev. 2:7 where it talks about eating of the Tree of Life is an allusion to eating the body of Jesus at communion.  Maybe so? And then the tree of knowledge of good and evil is an actual tree ?  I know, I should get this but I never have spent much time on it.   I'm thinking if I can't understand Genesis then I surely can't understand Revelation . Could we spend some time talking about this for anyone interested?   

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: Tree of Life
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »

Good morning Octoberose
I pray you are well. I just finished another study on this yesterday, I have spent much time on
this teaching from the LOF pt.8, (Where is the church Jesus built?)

It contains the teaching,( Gods Final Prophecy, to, for, and about the church of God.)

Also, (Revelation is to and for the seven churches.)

The words that Jesus spoke were spirit—-( John 6:63)
Jesus taught the multitudes in parables only—-(Matt. 13:34)

Quote from Ray,,,” All parables have a spiritual lesson. Not one of Jesus parables
was to be taken literally.
But to understand spiritual parables, and words of spirit, one must have the spirit.

Jesus is everything.

Rev.1:7–He that has an ear, let him hear what THE SPIRIT says. ( caps Rays)

This is a most profound teaching . I hope you get very fat on all the good food in this LOF 8
buffet.😁

Love in Christ , Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:36:57 PM »

This is me again-   I've been trying to contemplate these verses.  I can't even imagine  Jesus Himself standing there and the flames  guarding Him, and no one could get to Him. And then I wonder if Rev. 2:7 where it talks about eating of the Tree of Life is an allusion to eating the body of Jesus at communion.  Maybe so? And then the tree of knowledge of good and evil is an actual tree ?  I know, I should get this but I never have spent much time on it.   I'm thinking if I can't understand Genesis then I surely can't understand Revelation . Could we spend some time talking about this for anyone interested?

Dan 12:9  And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 

Rev 22:10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 

If it's time, we'll understand. If not, the words remain sealed, no matter how hard we try.

And then the tree of knowledge of good and evil is an actual tree ?

Gen 2:9  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. 

Gen 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 

The result of taking of the tree is the knowledge of good and evil and I don't think anything physical can do that. And there is nothing physical we can do to live for ever (or "lived to the age" - Young's).

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 

And something somewhat related: "NOTHING Physical Saves Spiritually!" https://bible-truths.com/email6.htm#nothing

lareli

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »

Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Don’t know if it helps your study but I always connect this verse whenever thinking about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.