bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Credit Scores  (Read 7784 times)

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Social Credit Scores
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2023, 12:43:27 AM »

I agree with Jesse (Extol) too. I see nothing wrong with discussing the worldly events. Some worldly event could be a fulfillment of prophecy. Ray wrote a great deal of worldly events and history in his towers paper to explain how the 911 event fulfill the prophecy. He also said many prophecies are dual or even multi-layered. So I take it that there are physical fulfillment as well as spiritual fulfillment.

In the last few weeks I've seen several YouTube videos about governments moving to digital currencies in the near future.

The Federal Reserve has announced it will launch the service FedNow in July, many think this is the start of CDBCs.

All this digital age thingy relies on power, it will cause chaos if the power goes out.

Also,
The Federal Reserve
The European Central Bank
The Bank of England
The Bank of Canada
The Bank of Japan
The Swiss National Bank
Have announced a joint liquidity operation.

Interesting times...

Porter

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2023, 02:52:04 AM »

With all due respect we are told to watch and pray:

Luk 21:35  For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Luk 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
What exactly are we to be watching for and praying for? The answer is within the passage you quoted, and is made clear by a second witness.

2Th 1:4  Therefore we ourselves boast about you among God's churches--about your endurance and faith in all the persecutions and afflictions you endure.

2Th 1:5  It is a clear evidence of God's righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God's kingdom, for which you also are suffering,

2Th 1:6  since it is righteous for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you,

2Th 1:11  And in view of this, we always pray for you that our God will consider you worthy of His calling, and will, by His power, fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith,

What exactly is it that we will be escaping if we do watch and pray? Could it be the wrath of God in the form of the lake of fire/second death/great white throne judgment? Didn't Ray teach that the Elect's judgment comes in the form of tribulation? And that the earth's judgment comes in the form of wrath?

Peter knew This was a parable.

Luk 12:37  Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Luk 12:38  And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

Luk 12:39  And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

Luk 12:40  Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Luk 12:41  Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

And then Peter knew the meaning.

1Pe 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18  And if the righteous is saved with difficulty, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?

1Pe 4:19  So those who suffer according to God's will should, in doing good, entrust themselves to a faithful Creator.

Ray also taught from the Scripture that Jesus comes to each individual believer in every generation “quickly” in their lifetime. If we are not paying attention (perhaps because we were looking for Jesus among the clouds in the sky), we could miss it. But if you're suffering tribulation, and you recognize that tribulation as “God's manifest token of righteous judgment”, maybe you're on the right track.

Unless you Dennis have some other idea as to what Jesus meant in the passage you quoted, I'm all ears. You didn't really explain, so I'm left to speculate, and I'd hate to misunderstand you.

I don't actually care if anyone wants to talk about world events, as long as we are allowed to talk about spiritual matters in what is said to be a safe place to do that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:41:00 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 11:27:04 AM »

I suspect not all of this is literal? But we are to watch and take action:

Mat 24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 
Mat 24:16  Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 
Mat 24:17  Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 
Mat 24:18  Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 
Mat 24:19  And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 
Mat 24:20  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 
Mat 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 

Porter

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2023, 01:10:45 AM »

Cool, thanks Dennis.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2023, 12:24:38 AM »

I agree with Jesse (Extol) too. I see nothing wrong with discussing the worldly events. Some worldly event could be a fulfillment of prophecy. Ray wrote a great deal of worldly events and history in his towers paper to explain how the 911 event fulfill the prophecy. He also said many prophecies are dual or even multi-layered. So I take it that there are physical fulfillment as well as spiritual fulfillment.

I think so too. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2023, 08:37:11 PM »

I suggest you watch this: https://youtu.be/vrv1_rOtlAQ

I have not watched all of it yet so there may be politics.

indianabob

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 11:48:51 AM »

The author seems logical, but at the end you have to buy the book to learn what to do.
I understand that the economy may go badly for many of us, but I don't have enough reserve to
make a difference either way. I live on Soc Sec. and have my house paid for except for taxes and
insurance, so if Soc. Sec. is cut off I will be in the poor house.
=
If Medicare is cut off I will live only as long as God protects me.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 05:40:04 PM »

You don't have to buy a book Bob. They told you - Buy gold or silver to protect your money.

I saw a video where they said SS will be reduced by 20% in about 10 years.

indianabob

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 10:59:59 PM »

H Dennis,
Yeah I got that part, but if I have a few 1 oz. gold coins worth about $2000.00 each and they protect me from paper currency becoming worthless that's fine. So how does that help me to buy food or pay other expenses after the banks close due to insolvency and my bank card is cancelled.
Especially after the government checks stop coming and everybody knows it cause they are in the same trouble?
=
How does the store I buy from make change for a $2,000.00 coin? How would the average college graduate know what a particular gold coin was worth?
And once they learn that I have gold and the dollar is worthless, how do I protect myself from robbery?

I thing there is a lot more to this potential problem than most folks realize.
Bob
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:30:50 PM by indianabob »

octoberose

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2023, 12:43:49 AM »

Don’t forget humanism.  I would think that’s one of the things we come out of too.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2023, 02:47:01 PM »

H Dennis,
Yeah I got that part, but if I have a few 1 oz. gold coins worth about $2000.00 each and they protect me from paper currency becoming worthless that's fine. So how does that help me to buy food or pay other expenses after the banks close due to insolvency and my bank card is cancelled.
Especially after the government checks stop coming and everybody knows it cause they are in the same trouble?
=
How does the store I buy from make change for a $2,000.00 coin? How would the average college graduate know what a particular gold coin was worth?
And once they learn that I have gold and the dollar is worthless, how do I protect myself from robbery?

Bob

This site will tell you what gold is currently worth: https://silverprice.org/ I heard but cannot tell you from experience that pawn shops pay a fair price for gold and silver.

I don't know how to protect yourself from intruders. I have the same problem.

I see some Christians insinuate you should fight/perhaps shoot someone. But we are told to turn the other cheek and give up our cloak if someone wants to rob you. But here we are told to sell our cloak and buy a sword:

Luk 22:36  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment [cloak], and buy one.

Can anyone explain this better please?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2023, 03:03:50 PM »

I have not yet watched this video Bob but the title suggests gold and silver should be going up in value: "BRICS Nations Announce Plan for JOINT CURRENCY backed by GOLD"

https://youtu.be/XiZFXEW6u8U

ralph

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2023, 04:22:50 PM »

H Dennis,
=

Bob

This site will tell you what gold is currently worth: https://silverprice.org/ I heard but cannot tell you from experience that pawn shops pay a fair price for gold and silver.

I don't know how to protect yourself from intruders. I have the same problem.

I see some Christians insinuate you should fight/perhaps shoot someone. But we are told to turn the other cheek and give up our cloak if someone wants to rob you. But here we are told to sell our cloak and buy a sword:

Luk 22:36  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment [cloak], and buy one.

Can anyone explain this better please?

But Jesus also said this:

Matthew 26:52
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

We have to look at the spiritual lessons within these scriptures.  They are paramount.

John 6:63
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2023, 08:05:52 PM »

I thought that it may mean a spiritual sword. But the scriptures do not contradict. Thanks.

zvezda

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2023, 08:20:50 PM »

I don't think it's a spiritual sword, look at v38, the disciples showed Jesus two physical swords and then Jesus said it's enough.

Luke 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Meaning they didn't need to buy any more swords.

And then look at v37, 49 and 50, that's probably the reason why Jesus told them to buy a sword.

Luke 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus said it's because He's about to fulfill the Scriptures.

And then the crowd arrived, Judas was going to betray Him.

Luke 22:49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

The disciples asked Jesus if they should use the sword.

Luke 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

They used the same sword that they showed Jesus earlier to cut off the servant of the high priest's ear.

So it's all about fulfilling the Scriptures.

Jesus predicted they would need a sword, not for the purpose of using force or self-defense, but for fulfilling the Scriptures. Just like He predicted someone at the table was about to betray Him (v21), and Peter would deny Him three times (v34).

Just my two cents' worth, I could be wrong though.

zvezda

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2023, 08:27:42 PM »

I have not yet watched this video Bob but the title suggests gold and silver should be going up in value: "BRICS Nations Announce Plan for JOINT CURRENCY backed by GOLD"

https://youtu.be/XiZFXEW6u8U

If you look at each BRICS nation, who is their biggest trading partner?
As of 2022 -
US is China's and India's top #1 trading partner
US is also Brazil's and South Africa's top #2 trading partner

Not sure how the BRICS nations can create the secondary economy and ditch US dollar, we will see...

Having said that, America is still going down regardless, all because of her sins. I always think America is currently going through the second half of Deuteronomy 28 (starting from v15).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.