bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing Friends or Family?  (Read 4118 times)

nshan

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Losing Friends or Family?
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:08:41 AM »

Has anyone else lost friends, family, etc. over your beliefs in God / specifically the main stuff on bible-truths?

It seems anyone I open up to that are my close friends (or so I thought) vary from being extremely indifferent or extremely hostile. I won't go into the details too much since I will probably be extremely one-sided towards myself.

I believe I am probably at fault since I am supposed to do this:
1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 

Looking back at Ray's papers emails etc. and studying the scriptures here and there I still get excited and want to share with others. But like 99% of the time they completely don't understand what I'm saying. Some think I'm completely crazy. This is the first I've seen anyone flip on me. Some people just want to act superior I guess. Though I think I see the same exact qualities in me so I shouldn't be a hypocrite.

Hope everyone else's day has been well. I know this is probably the least of things to talk about compared to what others are suffering here but just wanted to see anyone else's thoughts.
Psalm 17:8 - Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 27:13-14; Psalm 34:18-19;
Psalm 17:15 - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

octoberose

Re: Losing Friends or Family?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 04:48:09 AM »

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- Matthew 24:14

We know the real good news and I think it’s a shame when we don’t share it.   And yes , my relationship with people frequently changes when I tell them what I believe .  They are so invested in their Heaven / hell scenario . I’m sorry for the pain you’re feeling .

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 
Mat 10:35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 
Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 

Mat 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 
Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given

nshan

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- Matthew 24:14

We know the real good news and I think it’s a shame when we don’t share it.   And yes , my relationship with people frequently changes when I tell them what I believe .  They are so invested in their Heaven / hell scenario . I’m sorry for the pain you’re feeling .
No kidding. I even said God will save all etc. but it seems like he completely missed that part and said "I'm glad you got your ticket into heaven". Confused me because he was just putting words into my mouth. Long story short apparently he's "studied" the entire Bible but hasn't a clue on what he's saying (no scripture, not knowing different words, symbols, etc). He tried to justify his lack of knowledge with a degree, even tried to imply I was in a cult. Pretty stupid stuff honestly. And thank you, it hasn't hit me hard since I've had it happen before in different ways. But God hasn't left me without him, you guys, and a few others he places in my life.

Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Mat 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
This is spot on Dennis. What's funny is where I am currently living with another good friend if I laid on him everything I believe he'd probably become extremely angry or want me out. Here are some other scriptures I remember:

Job_5:13  He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.
Mat 11:25  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 
Mat 11:26  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 
Mat 11:27  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 
1Co_3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Psalm 17:8 - Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 17:15 - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Porter

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 12:36:45 PM »

I have lost many "friends" and family over the years, but that's only because I'm not a very likeable person. My wife doesn't know what to believe, and I understand that, so I don't push it with her too much. My second oldest daughter is the most receptive of these truths and always has the best questions. The rest of my sons and daughters generally remain silent when I share, but maybe because they don't really know what I'm talking about.

One thing that has deeply concerned me more than anything is the way I conduct myself around friends and family. It means nothing if I preach to them the truth if I then turn around and sin in some visible way. If I could show them Christ through my behavior, then maybe they too will appreciate the truth.

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 04:59:44 PM »

Hi Nsham I think many of us have experienced similar situations
as you have had. I have found out the hard way that many
don't want to talk about religion unless they ask. I can look at
them and be happy to know someday they will be in Gods
Kingdom.  :)

Casey

nshan

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 08:23:51 PM »

I have lost many "friends" and family over the years, but that's only because I'm not a very likeable person. My wife doesn't know what to believe, and I understand that, so I don't push it with her too much. My second oldest daughter is the most receptive of these truths and always has the best questions. The rest of my sons and daughters generally remain silent when I share, but maybe because they don't really know what I'm talking about.

One thing that has deeply concerned me more than anything is the way I conduct myself around friends and family. It means nothing if I preach to them the truth if I then turn around and sin in some visible way. If I could show them Christ through my behavior, then maybe they too will appreciate the truth.

I'm sure you're likeable, I mean you have a family -- I also think it just really depends if you're around decent or like-minded people. Sometimes people who were complete opposites were there for me for a time. Even if you weren't you have the literal ruler of the universe by your side which is funny to think about. Yeah I need to work on the behavior / conduct part too but that's pretty good that at least one person in your family is receptive. I guess now it's all about learning to do the right thing

Hi Nsham I think many of us have experienced similar situations
as you have had. I have found out the hard way that many
don't want to talk about religion unless they ask. I can look at
them and be happy to know someday they will be in Gods
Kingdom.  :)

Haha well said. Yeah unless they're religious most people will think you're crazy for even mentioning it I'm learning. I hope I'm in this for the long haul, but it is really reassuring we have a God that loves us and has a reason for all of this for everyone.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:28 AM »

Friend Nshan,

Reading your message I find the following.
"I hope I'm in this for the long haul, ...."

Please be assured that once God gives you an earnest of His spirit to guide you that you are in it for keeps.
Once God through Christ begins a work in us the Lord Jesus is in it for the long haul. Don't doubt it.
Along the journey there will of course be times with small improvements, but that is to develop patience in our hearts and allow time for us to adjust to new challenges. It also helps us to develop empathy for others who are stumbling and rising again so very many times. Hey, if it was easy we wouldn't need God's spirit to strengthen us, encourage us and keep us on the pathway to our reward.

I am confident that you know this already so my remarks are just a pat on the back.

Bob

nshan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »

Thank you for the encouragement and reminder Bob. You're right that I shouldn't doubt it.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »

God will bring them where they need to be and when they need to be there just like you and I.  Remember that Christ said that no man can come to him unless the Father draw [drag Gk] him and furthermore he said that we did not choose him but he chose us.

That being said we can't argue someone into a spiritual truth.  First time I came across Ray's teachings I thought him to be a heretic and then a few months later I read his tithing paper and I simply couldn't argue with what he presented even though I wanted to.

A few months after that I 'stumbled' back on the website and started reading thru the LOF series and over a period of time God opened my eyes to his truth.  I always said that I never learned a thing from Ray.....and that is true.  Ray was the vessel but I learned these truths from God thru Ray. 

Likewise in time your family members might start to ask you questions and at that point God might use you as the vessel.  God has a time and a plan for us all including your family members and friends and you can't change that specific plan and timing one iota so no use in trying.

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 02:42:46 PM »

Thanks Arion,
Well said and helpful.
Bob

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

Yes Arion, very helpful indeed as I am
currently going through family trials.

Thank you

Eph.6:24..Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus
Christ with love incorruptible.

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.