bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judging  (Read 3592 times)

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Judging
« on: November 06, 2020, 12:36:39 PM »

In Mat 7: 1-2 Jesus says  Do not judge, that you may not be judged;  For with whatever judgement you judge, you will be judged;
and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured again to you.
Could this by why we have some of our trials.    ANY  COMMENTS on this?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Judging
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »

We are all subject to evil. And God has planned everything. So why should we judge what God has planned for each individual?

Isa 46:10 
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 

Ecclesiastes 1:12-18 (Concordant version)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:
it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

lareli

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »

1Cor 11:31
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

1 Cor 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Judge everything.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 02:18:07 PM »

Ray speaks about judging in the Rapture Paper.

Scroll down to

From Where Shall We Judge

Three paragraphs of a wealth of treasure.

In Christ 💕
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Doug

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »

When we talk about the likes of Hitler do we not judge him? What actually constitutes judgement of someone?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:53 PM »

G2919
κρίνω
krinō
Thayer Definition:
1) to separate, put asunder, to pick out, select, choose
2) to approve, esteem, to prefer
3) to be of opinion, deem, think, to be of opinion
4) to determine, resolve, decree
5) to judge
5a) to pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong
5a1) to be judged, i.e. summoned to trial that one’s case may be examined and judgment passed upon it
5b) to pronounce judgment, to subject to censure
5b1) of those who act the part of judges or arbiters in matters of common life, or pass judgment on the deeds and words of others
6) to rule, govern
6a) to preside over with the power of giving judicial decisions, because it was the prerogative of kings and rulers to pass judgment
7) to contend together, of warriors and combatants
7a) to dispute
7b) in a forensic sense
7b1) to go to law, have suit at law
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: perhaps a primitive word

Obviously, this is a big word with broad meaning.  I think the key to understanding here is the second part of that statement by the Lord.

"...and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured again to you."

I Corinthians  2:15 is a different, compound word, with the same root, and has a more precise meaning:

G350
ἀνακρίνω
anakrinō
Thayer Definition:
1) examine or judge
1a) to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinise, sift, question
1a1) specifically in a forensic sense of a judge to hold an investigation
1a2) to interrogate, examine the accused or witnesses
1b) to judge of, estimate, determine (the excellence or defects of any person or thing
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G303 and G2919

Casey, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean about "our trials".  We have lots of trials in common with many others.  "We" have more specific trials reserved just of "us", the "us" being those who hear and obey what Jesus is saying here.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »

There's judging someone and then there's discerning, perceiving or recognizing something evil that someone does. Two different things.

"You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"  https://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

Acknowledging an evil person and his actions is not the same thing as judging that person because we don't know what that person went thru to become evil.

Ray has a talk on judging but it needs to be cleaned up. I expect to start on it later today after I post a different revision this morning. Look for it within a week on our YouTube channel.

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 01:36:34 PM »

There is wisdom in the multitude of counsellors. Dave I agree with you,we have lots of trials
in common with many others and trials just for us. If I hear someone taking Gods name in
vain I recognize that this is evil, then I say or think they need to have there mouth washed
out with soap, or a good kick in the rear, am I judging them, then maybe I will be given a
trial or chastisement to help me to undestand not to pass judgment on them.
Thank you all for your input. Dennis I will be looking foward to your judging post. :)

CASEY

Doug

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 01:23:36 PM »

Thanks Dave and Dennis for your replies. Look forward to seeing Rays video on judging. Still struggling for better understanding.

Doug

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 07:40:03 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, Casey.  Yes, that makes good sense.  I think it fits well with this scripture:

Pro 16:18  Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »

YouTube video just posted: https://youtu.be/2EuEgIHFYnU

nshan

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 03:39:24 AM »

That was a good video. I think Ray talked about this too:

Deu 1:15  So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes. 
Deu 1:16  And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. 
Deu 1:17  Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it. 

Anything too hard for a person to judge is brought to Moses. Which I imagine is written for an example of the future:

Oba 1:21  And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.
1Co 6:1  Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 
1Co 6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 
1Co 6:3  Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

I think mercy plays a huge part in this:

Isa 16:5  And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness. 
Psa 101:1  A Psalm of David. I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. 
Hos 12:6  Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.
Jas 2:13  For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 

I'm not well-learned in this just yet but I guess since the house of God is being judged now I should learn to judge myself and not cast judgement on others.
Psalm 17:8 - Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 27:13-14; Psalm 34:18-19;
Psalm 17:15 - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.