bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traits  (Read 2664 times)

casey

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Traits
« on: November 11, 2020, 12:57:55 PM »

In Gal 5:22 We are told the fruit of the spirit is love,joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Would anyone care to share if you are making any progress
in any of these traits?

Casey

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Traits
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »

For me 'progress' is slow and painful. But there is progress.

And this is a coincidence. I just posted a video on YouTube where Ray mentions these traits: https://youtu.be/QnvYVJTubPo

This video has been on YouTube for over five years and is part of a much longer video. It was always pretty good but since I added the captions it has come alive, at least for me.

I'll redo and post the rest the lengthy video soon but it is now disabled.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 12:43:43 AM »

I'll just say they are making some progress in me.  This, in spite of my natural inclinations and opposition in most places I turn. 

But I reckon if these things were all easy and automatic, we wouldn't need "encouragement" from the Apostle.

He is able to complete that which He has begun in us.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 11:11:35 PM »

"All good things take time" and I think it needs to be so, in order that we can fully comprehend and and experience each of the fruits of the Spirit. 

Quite often in my life it has been the opposites first, the physical, fruits of the flesh I experienced before the real fruits of the Spirit became evident in my walk with others.
(An experience of good and evil, learning contrasts, hate v love, anger v joy, turmoil v peace)

Some fruits are just naturally there,  while others takes a while to bear fruit, such as "patience". 

A few trees needed planting in my life and then I had to wait for it to become mature and bear fruit 😊

Amen to Him completing the good work He has begun!
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.