bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Shortages?  (Read 3199 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
More Shortages?
« on: November 13, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »

There's talk about a four day truckers strike at the end of this month which would cause food shortages. And even more talk about food shortages in general over the holidays.

Time to stock up again?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: More Shortages?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »

COVID-19 Surge Prompts Panic Buying Leaving Grocery Shelves Empty   https://youtu.be/pB_CuZzZgSo

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »

There's talk about a four day truckers strike at the end of this month which would cause food shortages. And even more talk about food shortages in general over the holidays.

Time to stock up again?
= - =

Hi friends,

Here is a little opinion piece to chew upon. Kindly offered with a smile.  :)

I think truckers, who are people too you know, should have more control of their own lives and be able to spend quality time with family and friends on a regular basis.
It's not just about wages and work conditions, but also about being forced to provide for all the rest of us at our convenience.

How about a two or three day hiatus for store deliveries every month of the year. All truck traffic stops for three days with advance planning so that everyone can stock up and avoid having to shop at all.
I think God had a plan similar to that a few millennia in the past. Plus God allowed for the rare "ox in a ditch" situation to cover emergencies.
=
What is wrong with being expected to think ahead and plan for one's own needs and avoid last minute emergencies for the most part? Hey, even my family doctor takes every week end off and some add Monday to their off time.
Why should any thinking person expect or even demand that usual services be available 24/7?

O.K. that's my rant for today. Comments please...when you have time.  ::)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »

When I was much younger I drove a truck as an owner-operator. It was one of the worse years of my life. I had to drive the stupid thing all the time to pay for it and make a living. I was very happy to get away from it.

There's only about three days food in grocery stores so four days without drivers will cause problems. The bigger chains like Walmart have their own drivers but the small stores will not be serviced and run out of stuff, which will put pressure on the big stores.

That's my son Keith standing next to my new GMC Astro truck in front of our new house in Westland, MI before landscaping and the garage. Keith is now 52 years old.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:48:33 PM »

Time to stock up again?

Doesn't hurt. I've been doing it for a few years now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.