> Off Topic Discussions

State of the world

(1/10) > >>

lareli:
How does everyone feel about the world right now?

Are we like the oceans tides swelling and crashing and then receding? This year has been like the water’s swelling and crashing, again and again seemingly bigger each time. Just wondering if you feel that it will soon die down and recede or if it’s to get much more rough before it gets better?

What do the saints see.. are storm clouds gathering still? Or is the light soon to break through?

At the beginning of this year some posted warnings of what they were seeing.. ‘storm clouds on the horizon’ if you will, and I wasn’t so sure.. but you were so right.

lareli:
Luke 12:51

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
54 ¶ And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.
55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.
56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

indianabob:
Hi Lereli,

I think that this parable has applied at various times throughout history for Jews or Christians in many nations.
It was addressed to Israelites by Jesus during his ministry and they were aware of the conflict in beliefs among their own people. So it is a caution for God's people to be mindful of living righteously in all circumstances and to put their trust in God and not in their own strength.
bob

Porter:
I've always felt as though the world is as sinful now as they were in Noah's day. Only difference from then and now is there are a lot more people. I think the only thing that has gotten "worse and worse" spiritually, is the Church.

The parable in Luke is in the same vein as "many are called, but few chosen" from among the Church or House of God.

2Ti 2:20  Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver bowls, but also those of wood and earthenware, some for special use, some for ordinary.
2Ti 2:21  So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Purification only happens through and by judgment. The time (mentioned in Luke) Jesus is referring to is the time of Judgment for His Elect; from the whole House of God.
1Pe 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin with God's household (the whole Church of God ); and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

People will always find ways to hate, hurt and kill one another. Just as they have done for thousands of years. I think anyone can see and hear the ocean raging, but not everyone can see and hear Jesus knocking at the door.

Learner:
With covid-19 and the effects of lockdown there is an undercurrent of frustration building up towards the xmas period. It may burst out and the effects could be collossal,the UK is facing Brexit on top of it all.We as a couple have been offered the new covid vaccine for the over 80s,it is with some soulsearching we have said OK as we are  to obey those who rule over us? The raging waves are ready to go society is in a spirit of disobedience from lots of angles,we await with trepidation!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version